PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live what to buy and what..

odpr
09-26-2004, 06:44 AM
I want to buy a Xbox start up kit, now, what Can I get on the market today?
what version ?

second wwhat come with the package?

Is there some install disc? or is it just ahead phones and a mic..
and serial num ?

thanks..

AlBoogy
09-26-2004, 08:39 AM
The new start up kits are 70 bucks and it includes a years service (a card with a serial number), a headset and Crimson Skies. If you have a newer XBox you dont need the disc but im pretty sure it comes with one just in case you dont.

odpr
09-26-2004, 09:13 AM
oh no.. why the disc for ?
if for example I was connceted for years
u tell me that every one that was in the service got a disc to his house?
I h vae old xbox..
it's a must ?

Kortiz
09-26-2004, 10:52 AM
You smoke crack

CRACKA ASS CRACKA

Buy the start up kit and see what it does. This isn't rocket science. Do you have broadband -- That's the only thing you have to worry about. Have broadband and a cat5 cord to connect to your router or modem and then you are set.

Buy the start up kit

Buy ESPN NFL 2k5 and ESPN NHL 2k5 and Rainbow Six: Black Arrow and you will get Crimson Skies with your cracka ass LIVE Kit.

Just....do it

DO IT

DOO IT

DO IT DO IT

You use the disc to install live to your xbox. That way you can look stuff up in your xbox menu like friend lists and billing info and the like.

odpr
09-26-2004, 02:23 PM
can the live work with out it? what is it ?
did it also come with the older version of the live this wierd disc?
because I have a pal XBOX and I am afaid that since the disc is from usa it will NTSC and wont work..
am I right ? or wrong..

E Nomini Patri
09-26-2004, 02:47 PM
can the live work with out it? what is it ?
did it also come with the older version of the live this wierd disc?
because I have a pal XBOX and I am afaid that since the disc is from usa it will NTSC and wont work..
am I right ? or wrong..

Dude, get broadband, get the kit, insert the disc, fill out your information, start playing. It isn't complicated, the directions are on the box if you have trouble.

odpr
09-27-2004, 12:40 AM
that's the problem!!! I can't insert the disc!!! it's from the NTSC and I have a P PAL XBOX!! so can the kit work without the disc and reach it's full potential with all the fetures ?

CMX Jedi
09-27-2004, 02:22 AM
that's the problem!!! I can't insert the disc!!! it's from the NTSC and I have a P PAL XBOX!! so can the kit work without the disc and reach it's full potential with all the fetures ?
you dont need the disk ,if you did why would they be giveing out those free things.
just plug your xbox into the modem/router than go to the XBL thing from the dashboard, than make a new account, follow the on screen instructions than when its done itll download all the updates to your xbox (the new xbl dashboard with the chat) than pop in a XBL enabled game and game on. :)

Kortiz
09-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Why don't you purchase a PAL kit instead?

AlphaRaptor
09-27-2004, 10:01 AM
I would also suggest getting Burnout 3, although not perfect tech wize I have found it a FUN Xbox live game. I dunno what everybody is talking about having to find a new game after each game you play...

AlBoogy
09-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Simply put: On the dashboard does it say "XBox Live"? If it does dont worry about the disc. If it doesnt then youre screwed.

odpr
09-27-2004, 11:49 AM
I think on the dash board there is a xbox live.. :) I should check it though.. to get the pal kit cost a fortune..

thanks! :)

AlBoogy
09-27-2004, 01:27 PM
I think on the dash board there is a xbox live.. :) I should check it though.. to get the pal kit cost a fortune..

thanks! :)

If it says it then you are in good shape. All you will have to do is put in the reg. code and all the information it asks for. It will update itself after that.

Whisper
09-27-2004, 01:56 PM
dont forget to get Halo 2

odpr
09-27-2004, 04:34 PM
t that's one of the resons I am getting it :)

second does people still play project gothem online? and splinter cell?
anyway it wil be nice to meet some of he peope here online :)

mattgame
09-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Kortiz, what's a cat5 cord? I will be on as soon as I get my credit card straight but I want to be tight when I do.