PDA

View Full Version : Duke or S?

Mitchell
09-27-2004, 01:09 AM
What is the best controller..... I am sure that duke is so much more popular. Not everybody has "little hands"

Reclaimer
09-27-2004, 01:20 AM
I like my Halo edition S-Type, followed by my Microsoft Japanese Import S-Type.

I am an average sized person and I think the S-Type is just fine. I've used the Dukes before, and its not bad or anything, but I just like the S-types.

Mitchell
09-27-2004, 03:34 AM
well I use my HongKong import wireless controller, and thats better than both.=)

Cryogenic Pyro
09-27-2004, 08:40 AM
Definitely the S. I love my S controller.

Duke
09-27-2004, 08:43 AM
The S is teh suck.

stormin4
09-27-2004, 09:18 AM
S all the way. On duke, when I go to melee, I always jump instead.

TOTTEN
09-27-2004, 09:21 AM
once you get start using the s you will never go back to the duke.

OuFtb
09-27-2004, 09:52 AM
I perfer the S controller, I have one with the extra black and white buttons on top, alot better and easier than finding the little black and white buttons. The only thing I don't like about any of the controllers is the D pad wears out way to easy, I have three controllers two that won't go left and one that won't go right :confused:

AlphaRaptor
09-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Duke is the origonal right?

Anyway, yea, I still love the duke. My little bro bought a controller S because he has smaller hands, but I've always found it a bit cramped. The XYBA feel to seperated IMO, and I could never get used to the placement of the other buttons. It really just has to do with the size of your hand I guess.

Whisper
09-27-2004, 09:58 AM
the s never worked in my hands.. duke is teh zhizzle!

Peepers
09-27-2004, 12:23 PM
I like both of them. It just takes me a little time to adjust to each of them when I'm switching back and forth.

As a man with extra large hands, I can confortably say that both controllers seem to accomodate the bulk of my hands with equal skill (neither one of them does that great a job though), and the S might even do better since it seems big in all the right places.

JPRaup
09-27-2004, 02:29 PM
S rocks

LiquidX
09-27-2004, 02:30 PM
I used to say that both were good for me but I find myself using the S all the time. The thing that makes me love S is the buttons. I like the round sorta flat-topped shape versus the Dukes oval bubbled out feel.

Cloud Wolf
09-27-2004, 03:20 PM
I love my S becouse I never got a duke. played with a duke and it hurt so bad.

Cruise438
09-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Duke is great for racing... everything else S

Unreal
09-27-2004, 03:52 PM
What is the best controller..... I am sure that duke is so much more popular. Not everybody has "little hands"
It's all about the Duke :D

mattgame
09-27-2004, 04:29 PM
I loved my Duke until the S came out. Now I have six S controllers and no Dukes.

odpr
09-27-2004, 04:43 PM
The s, I think that the grip in the big one is better but the niormal buttons, or the main buttons are not good , and the black and white buton are in the right place and not in a place (like the big one..) that u can press them suddenly, like in nija gaiden.. I am thinking of buying a S ...

odpr
09-27-2004, 04:44 PM
what I meant is that in the big one the black and white are in a very bad postion, while in the S controller they are in a very good place, and can
t be pressed suddenly like in the big one ..

AlphaRaptor
09-27-2004, 09:53 PM
what I meant is that in the big one the black and white are in a very bad postion, while in the S controller they are in a very good place, and can
t be pressed suddenly like in the big one ..
Thats one of the biggest gripes I have about the S, is the black and white buttons just feels so....out of place. But that probably just because of my longish fingers. In order to press them I almost have to move my thumb back, down and press. Where with the duke I only have to go up and press. I've also found that the S's YXBA buttons seem a little to far apart, so to me it almost feels as if I lose some resposiveness and lose like 20ms personal ping...which can make a difference.

l Maximus l
09-28-2004, 01:17 AM
I prefer the Duke by far; however, I may want to start learning on an S-type since the Duke isn't manufactured anymore...and I doubt my controllers are going to last forever :(

Peepers
09-28-2004, 03:28 AM
I prefer the Duke by far; however, I may want to start learning on an S-type since the Duke isn't manufactured anymore...and I doubt my controllers are going to last forever :(

Everybody has to change...

severd hed
09-28-2004, 11:38 AM
depends on what games I am playing. I like the duke for anything that relies heavily on the analog sticks, or triggers. so for FPS and Racing games, give me the duke. for games that focus more on quick button presses, i like the S controller. especially for fighting games. if i had to choose one, i would stick with the duke, but i switch frequently.

lately i have been using my Logitech precision wireless controller. it seems to work pretty well for everything i play, although I am not quite as precise with the analog sticks as I am with the duke. it seems a bit larger than the S controlller, yet keeps the same button layout, which makes it good for fighting games.

and since it is wireless..it is just that much better. it is the first 3rd party controller i really liked. Logitech knows what they are doing. I also picked up the PS2 version of this controller, and it works great.

dances with broom sticks
09-28-2004, 03:27 PM
I like them both, and often switch, takes a little getting used to but after 5 minutes Im fine with either.

I play with the S more as I have gone through I think something like 5 Dukes since launch, and only have one left and it often gets sticky buttons now, so I cant use it as much

CarGuy
09-28-2004, 09:44 PM
I love the duke and i still have my original even after three XBox's.... but I love the S. It's just so much nicer..

JJaX
09-28-2004, 11:48 PM
S-Controllers are for carnies....

Variation-XBA
09-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Duke > All
Hate the S with a passion

mattgame
09-29-2004, 10:50 AM
I think most of the problem with the Duke was it wasn't the PS2 size controller. I had no problem with the Duke although I do have an S. Go figure.

Max33
09-29-2004, 07:38 PM
I prefer the duke.I like the button set up and have grown accustom to it's heft.

MajorTom
10-02-2004, 05:45 PM
I tried switching to S controllers when I got my new Xbox that came with one. I used it for quite a while. Then I switched back and noticed that my halo skills increased significantly when I switched from the S. Also S-controllers are ugly and a ps2 controller rip off. S controllers should be burned.

ShannonX
10-02-2004, 11:00 PM
hated the ps and ps2 controllers, and hate the s controller. to freaking small and cramps my hands up after 15 - 20 minutes use. the duke i can use for hours on end with no problems.