PDA

View Full Version : Help! I suck at google!

TheCovenant
09-29-2004, 03:35 AM
I owe some poeple sopme games. I idioticallly told my manager at carls i could find mario kart double dash for like 25 bux. so he straight up gave me 25 bux and told me to get it for him....

F*ck.

So i go online, and i cant find it cheaper than 49.99 anywhere! Argh! i was planning on buying a few games this week. Can anyone help?

Rainbow six 3: Black Arrow (Edit: Bought it today, full price :( )
Fable
Star Wars Battlefront
Ninja Gaiden.

Ninja gaiden and double dash can be used, refurbished, whatever, i just need to find it cheap. Thanks a lot guys!

Reclaimer
09-29-2004, 04:15 AM
Could you just give the money back and say you made a mistake with the prices?

Peepers
09-29-2004, 04:23 AM
The best advice is to do what Reclaimer says. (He seems to be giving you lots of good advice lately.)

Other than that, I'd guess you might have better luck with Froogle or ebay.

SPARTAN VI
09-29-2004, 04:48 AM
Listen to Reclaimer. I agree with Peepers, Reclaimer is really watching out for you bro. :cheers:

OuFtb
09-29-2004, 09:47 AM
You could try buying the games here in the trading fourm, Thats where I buy all my games and after a little ruff math in my head I've saved over a 100 bucks vs going to the store and buying it, don't know if they will have all the games you want but it might be worth a shot mabey you'll get lucky.

FB-Gollum
09-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Pay the difference yourself. You guaranteed a price, hence you are responsible for it (verbal contract). Ok so not really. In fact, Reclaimer's advice is best, but it depends on why you are doing it. If you are trying to impress your boss in hopes of a promotion, pay the diff and give it. If you are just trying to be a chum, go with what rec says. Yeah, and try trading for it.

TheCovenant
09-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Could you just give the money back and say you made a mistake with the prices?

i told him i already ordered it too. i told him 7- 10 working days, which gives me another week or so....besides, im willing to pay the extra cash for my mistake.

Whoopage
09-29-2004, 11:30 AM
i told him i already ordered it too. i told him 7- 10 working days, which gives me another week or so....besides, im willing to pay the extra cash for my mistake.

It's generally wise not to lie to someone in a postion of authority over you, whether it is related to work or not, it's just not good policy.

But just try Half.com or Ebay, and pay the difference.

Whisper
09-29-2004, 11:55 AM
foot in mouth.

Spaztic
09-29-2004, 01:19 PM
If you were a man of your word you would pay the difference.....if not just go with what reclaimer said.

Brutus
09-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Yeah. I gotta' agree. I'm all about Ebay, man.

TheCovenant
09-29-2004, 04:37 PM
ye alike i said, i wasnt lieying, i said i could find it for that much. I never said i had already found it.

Ami i willing to pay the difference? hell yes. Im a man of standards, and i said i would get him the game for 25 bux, so, i am. end of story on that part. Now, if my fellow addicts could save me some oh so hard earned cash, it would greatly be appreciated.

Whoopage
09-29-2004, 05:23 PM

Ummm... :D

dances with broom sticks
09-29-2004, 05:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8134864832&rd=1

its at $35 now... not as cheap as you were hoping, ill update if i can find any better

EDIT:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60436

the thread is a few months old, but he had a copy up for sale, maybe you could work something out with him?

EDIT #2:

There is an ad in my local paper for someone selling a copy for $50 (canadian), which is like $40 usd, so its a bit cheaper then you found... i could always try talking them down a bit aswell if youd like

EDIT #3:

Found this site on google, no idea how safe the site is, but its the best price I found at just under $30

http://www.dumpinggoods.com/dumpinggoods/itemdesc.asp?CartId=14067895FAN-ACCWARE-YU31&ic=GM-GEN-0152

Peepers
09-30-2004, 12:05 AM
It's generally wise not to lie to someone in a postion of authority over you, whether it is related to work or not, it's just not good policy.

But just try Half.com or Ebay, and pay the difference.

Yeah, that's pretty darn solid advice.

Cryogenic Pyro
09-30-2004, 12:31 AM
http://www.kto-e.com/index.php?action=browse&category=GAME&genre=GCB&letter=M
$30.77 there. Used.

Reclaimer
09-30-2004, 01:04 AM
What's your status right now with the game?

Plan B would be to.. Lie and say your deal didn't work or make something up to the effect that your deal you had fell through.

"Dude, I'm sorry but: (pick one)
You forgot the credit card was expired
For some reason they couldn't authenticate the deal
The transaction got bounced by the seller and he won't contact me.
The credit card company blocked the transaction for security reasons and the seller walked. (that happened to me before)
Your pay pal is messed up because you changed credit cards."

Then hand him back the money and be done with it, apologising prefusely.
Anything solid enough to prevent you from "having to try it again later."

Lying sucks, but you have gone into cover your ass mode. Time to cover it really well.

Then give him the money back.

Peepers
09-30-2004, 01:06 AM
Those are some mighty fancy excuses Reclaimer.

Reclaimer
09-30-2004, 01:18 AM
Those are some mighty fancy excuses Reclaimer.

Thanks.
Being in the military and dealing with the public, I've learned how to proficiently apply a liberal amount of B.S. when I have to.

Peepers
09-30-2004, 01:26 AM
Thanks.
Being in the military and dealing with the public, I've learned how to proficiently apply a liberal amount of B.S. when I have to.

Being a golfer, a student, and a public speaker have given me similiar skills.

Whoopage
09-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Being a golfer, a student, and a public speaker have given me similiar skills.

That was a great post; just a great post.

FB-Gollum
09-30-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm a politician, as a result, I have to promote honesty ;) . Lying is a sign of poor character. When you are running in an election, the ability to be truthful and accountable is paramount :rofl: . Therefore, completely avoid talking about youself and slander others instead. For example:

The open and proud nature in which Peepers and Reclaimer display their deception is archetypal of the cancer growing in the XBA community! The fact that these supposed "leaders" of our community not only conduct themselves in this fashion, but also promote dishonesty amongst it's other members is in need of immediate investigation and they should be held responsible and dealt with in accordance to the results of said inquiry. I move that a panel be formed and a formal inquest undertaken to uncover and treat the subversive force in our midst! (Throw taxpayer dollas away now).

See? It's easy.

Luigis_Angel930
09-30-2004, 10:58 AM
I would try Half.com they always have some sweet deals. :) Good luck.

TheCovenant
09-30-2004, 03:46 PM
damnit, i looked in here too late. Every single link i clicked didnt work or expired or something.

hmm, recalimer has a good idea though. I t has been like, 6 working days already though...argh.

and i dont go back in for work till monday.

well, ill look vigourously, and if i dont find anything, and i mean anything, by saturday, im going with:

The transaction got bounced by the seller and he won't contact me.

Brutus
10-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Man, I hope that guy isn't a regular to XboxAddict

Reclaimer
10-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Man, I hope that guy isn't a regular to XboxAddict

That would suck!

What do you mean the transaction bounced? I saw that thread.....

Oh man, I can see it now.

Cov, I hope that guy doesn't come here.

Peepers
10-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Is he on the bad traders list?