PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find trade in values of used games

Reclaimer
09-29-2004, 04:18 AM
Hey.. is there some way to find out the trade in values of various games without actually going to the store or calling them?

Meaning I just want to search what the going rate would be for my games.

I work at night, the stores are closed and I'm trying to plan the purchase of some games using trade in's. I just want to speed up the process and have a plan before I go about to do this.

I hate talking to gamestore clerks usually, they always act like it's a pain in the ass to look up a few games for me. So I wanted to just get my own info so I can slam a few games on the counter and get my business down.

AlphaCigara
09-29-2004, 06:17 AM
I know the general value you'll get for most games...if it sells new for 20, you'll get 2-7 for it. 30 would be 7-15, 40 would be 15-25, and 50 would be 25-35 or below. Depends on how new it is, how many that store has in stock, and how nice your clerk is :) .

LTM360
09-29-2004, 08:22 AM
Give us a list of those you're trading, those who trade in alot (me) can give you a rough idea of what to expect.

OC Noob
09-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Once in a while game crazy or gamestop puts out an add with prices of some of the games they are buying, but thats not very often.

Anyway, its much better to Ebay your games usually. You will get a lot more for them. Heck I got $38 for Halo just before it went to $30, plus they paid the $3 for shipping.

Its definitly the way to go for newer more expensive games.

Duke
09-29-2004, 10:23 AM
I don't remember the site, but there is one out there that will buy used games online. If you do a google search you should be able to find it, and at least get a rough estimate of what you'd get in a store.

Brutus
09-29-2004, 01:38 PM
I think I know what you mean. Game Trades are kind of like a Mini Stock Market.

For example, sometimes I'll go to places like BlockBuster & they'll have something like buy 2 get one free. Well, they usually have several copies of games that are popular but soon die out. I'd done it with Hitman 2 & Max Payne 2. But I bought 2 copies of both, got one of each free, then my trade in was even more than I paid for them.

Then here's another example: I found games at Fry's Marketplace (Not Fry's Electronics) down here in Arizona & they've got a whole rack of games for $19 bucks!

I bought two copies of Unreal 2 for $40.00 (For my LAN) when everywhere else it's $39.99 for just one.

Reclaimer
09-30-2004, 12:53 AM
OK, I found this site called www.estarland.com It's a couple of game stores in Virginia. You can arrange to trade in games online and use to the credit you get towards the game you want.
Anyway, after jumping through some virtual hoops you can find what they will give you for a game.
From them, it's not a bad gig. I remember EB games would give me 3 bucks for Brute Force, but this place would give me 6.
Anyway, if I want to send in my games first, they'll pay 10% of the shipping.

Well, I would like to get my game right now and not have to wait. But I have a feeling this place is giving me the best deal, though I have to wait for the game to be sent to me.

Oh yeah, have to factor in shipping I guess.
So for:
Conflict Desert Storm= 6.50
Conflict Desert Storm 2=15.00
Counter Strike= 6.50
Mech Assault= 5.00
Mace Griffin= 6.00
Rainbow Six 1= 7.00
Crimson Skies= 12.00
Brute Force=6.00
WWE Raw 2= 8.00

I already figured what 5 games I'll trade for Star Wars Battle Front which they are selling for 45.95

But, to be on the safe side I'll call the local stores and go through the routine to see if I can get a better deal. Right now I know that EB will give you 20 bucks if you trade 5 games in. I know they'll jack their prices down a bit to compensate, but I should at least see first.