PDA

View Full Version : N e one pick up nba 2k5? its tight

RockTheCasba
09-29-2004, 08:01 PM
i love this game. any of u guys pick it up?

Soundscape
09-29-2004, 08:06 PM
i'm about to now that i know it's out.

batman46st
09-29-2004, 10:09 PM
:yikes: bro.... im lost now wat game to get nba live or 2k5 cause live got dunk contest and costume dunks however 2k5 is 20 bucks damnnnnnnnnnn!!! choices choices

tangwu
09-29-2004, 11:00 PM
I love last years Espn game... but im really really not feeling this years... they tried 2 make it 2 much like live and it moves so awkwardly.

BananaMan
09-30-2004, 06:33 AM
i'd have to say go with live, dunk contests, whaaa

Spaztic
09-30-2004, 10:01 AM
I don't know, I was looking into it and I think I am going with live.....its just a smooth game! 2k5 looks kinda akward.

hebgbz
10-02-2004, 05:48 PM
I have 2k5 and the movement is jerky. Have yet to find a sports title of any kind that can make the players move as smoothly and realistically as in Top Spin. I like everything about 2k5 except the movement. Everything else is done quite well. Worth $20. Oh yeah.

idaho
10-03-2004, 06:56 PM
i picked up Espn yesterday and it's everything i've been needing in a basketball game. control, gameplay, and looks. i don't need a dunk contest. i want a genuine basketball simulation. i want pure bball. EA's bells and whistles are probably just one of the ways they distract you from noticing that their game is just "ok".

that was unfair. i have not played live. i'll rent it just to see and then badmouth it :)

lobot
10-03-2004, 10:14 PM
having just spent the better part of the weekend playing 2k5, i can honestly say i'm impressed. a very solid game that plays really really well. i rented live a couple of weeks ago and though i didnt hate, i like 2k5 a lot better. better movement and player control and frankly i think it just looks better. that's why i'm amazed 2k5 is so much cheaper than live, becaue for my $ it comes out on top. i would like a dunking contest, i will admit that. maybe in next years version...

Dark Enemy
10-03-2004, 10:49 PM
I bought NBA2k5 from Best buy for 14.99. This game is awesome, even though im not even a Basketball fan. Gameplay is awesome, graphics are top knotch. Overall a great game

Soundscape
10-04-2004, 12:03 AM
i pretty much agree with the last 3 posts. once you get the feel of the games controls it's not jerky at all. if you want a sim pick up 2k5. if you like a more arcade type basketball game get live.

CharlieHustle
10-04-2004, 11:44 AM
i will get 2k5 the end of this month. I was kinda discouraged of buying this game, but after hearing from actual players who gave this game time... Im convinced that i must get this game..

billlaimbeer
10-05-2004, 07:51 PM
as a pistons fan i'd probably favor espn just cause of big ben being the lead cover player but that aside the game is solid. i don't think of espns movement as any weaker than ea's. which is kind of a backhanded compliment but i think that's a little the nature of hoops gaming. it's really really good but will need to get smoother on movement. but everything else on espn seems strong. the moves, the graphics of course. overall gameplay is typically great.

so once you throw in the $20 part then it's over.

lobot
10-06-2004, 10:28 AM
yeah, i'm not getting the jerky thing at all. in fact i kinda felt that live was the game that was little sluggish, but then to each his own. i will say that 2k5 continues to knock my socks up my ass. i'm having a very fun, very time consuming experience with this game. i usually lose interest in games after a few days, but this one continues to rock my world, which is a nice change of pace.

idaho
10-06-2004, 09:24 PM
good luck with thoes socks. anyway, i rented Live and had a "meh" sort of expression on my face while playing it. another ea mystery. not sure how something so 2 years ago can be so over hyped. i'll be nice for a second: Live can be fun sometimes. i just don't want to play it for longer than an hour.

LTM360
10-06-2004, 09:53 PM
this game is full of ****. Everytime I do a spin move I get a foul called on me, and everytime I even try to steal the ball I get a foul. If I do a crossover, my guy jumps back and loses the ****in ball. And last time I checked people made shots when they were at the highest point of their shot, well In my case I end up scoring 6 points against the ****in A.I. missing 51 shots. Defense is even more crap, opponents score on you as if you were a 2 year old against ****ing Michael Jordan.

Soundscape
10-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Everytime I do a spin move I get a foul called on me, and everytime I even try to steal the ball I get a foul. i've been playing quite a bit and have not experienced these problems. you should only try to steal when you're in position to, or ofcourse they will call a reaching foul. you can change how often these fouls are called.

If I do a crossover, my guy jumps back and loses the ****in ball. well, it's not a good idea to try and pull corssover moves unless your in control of a fairly good ball handler. if your being gaurded by someone with good defensive skills expect this to happen sometimes.

Defense is even more crap, opponents score on you as if you were a 2 year old against ****ing Michael Jordan what difficulty setting do you have it on? i've been playing on pro mode and have not been having such problems even against teams with a highly rated offense. this game seems like a great sim to me. much more realistic than ea's live series. with all the sliders and gameplay options you should to be able to experiment and find the settings that suits you well.

bretman1234
10-07-2004, 12:22 AM
this game is full of ****. Everytime I do a spin move I get a foul called on me, and everytime I even try to steal the ball I get a foul. If I do a crossover, my guy jumps back and loses the ****in ball. And last time I checked people made shots when they were at the highest point of their shot, well In my case I end up scoring 6 points against the ****in A.I. missing 51 shots. Defense is even more crap, opponents score on you as if you were a 2 year old against ****ing Michael Jordan.
HAHAHAHAHA! 6 points in a game!?!?!?!! You've got to be kidding me!!! :rofl:

LTM, you have won the KING SUCK award for sports games. Wear it with pride :p

Dark Enemy
10-07-2004, 12:30 AM
HAHAHAHAHA! 6 points in a game!?!?!?!! You've got to be kidding me!!! :rofl:

LTM, you have won the KING SUCK award for sports games. Wear it with pride :p

Agreed.. :rofl:

CarGuy
10-07-2004, 07:20 AM
My friend bought it and I think it is great.. well worth $20

RockTheCasba
10-07-2004, 12:19 PM
its 15 now at bestbuy

lllusion
10-07-2004, 01:45 PM
worth the 15 bucks, i bought it yesterday at bestbuy :D

i like the 24 7 mode!!

mattgame
10-08-2004, 01:45 PM
6 and 5 online and I'm having a blast! I don't like Live it's too arcadey for me, even though ESPN kinda leaned towards this direction. I recommend it over Live.