PDA

View Full Version : Oh man i cant believe im diong this

batman46st
09-29-2004, 10:30 PM
my beloved xbox my first born whitch arived at my house nov 17 2001.......will be traded tomorow for........(another xbox) do to many occuring problems i kept having not reading fable slowing down with movies n other games ive decided to take my box to gamecrazy and trade in my 2 controlers and get myself a brand new one..... it hurts to loose ur first born xbox. :cry: goodbye old xbox :cry: and yes the warrinty is done for my box i see no other solution(know that i only do this so that i have no problems with halo 2)

The Jackal
09-29-2004, 10:41 PM
that sucks... i lost my first xbox awhile ago... not by my own choice though... i lost it along with all my saved data :cuss: got a memory pack now so that wont happen again

Ghost
09-29-2004, 10:48 PM
you think thats bad, well i have a story for you! My family went on a trip to Austin and in the car we had 2 TV's and i was able to hook my xbox up to a TV and play while my sister watched a movie on the other. It was a boring drive from dallas, not far just boring (but the xbox made it funner). Anyway when we checked into our hotel at night and woke up the next morning And went out to the car the TV's were gone my xbox was gone and KOTOR which was in it. The DVD player was gone too and i was pissed, i mean we stayed at the Embassy suites and we got jacked like that? They had knocked the lock off the door and were able to get in without braking the windows. Well what was nice was as soon as i got back my dad went out and bought me a new xbox and another copy of KOTOR. so i actually got an updated xbox and everything it was cool. We had to get new TV's for the back of the front eats and a new DVD. but in the end it was ok.

AlphaRaptor
09-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Geee that must have really sucked man, I'd be pissed! Thats why I never leave anything expencive in the car, and if I do, I cover it up with a blanket. Welp, lesson learned the hard way I guess.

Cloud Wolf
09-30-2004, 08:31 AM
you think thats bad, well i have a story for you! My family went on a trip to Austin and in the car we had 2 TV's and i was able to hook my xbox up to a TV and play while my sister watched a movie on the other. It was a boring drive from dallas, not far just boring (but the xbox made it funner). Anyway when we checked into our hotel at night and woke up the next morning And went out to the car the TV's were gone my xbox was gone and KOTOR which was in it. The DVD player was gone too and i was pissed, i mean we stayed at the Embassy suites and we got jacked like that? They had knocked the lock off the door and were able to get in without braking the windows. Well what was nice was as soon as i got back my dad went out and bought me a new xbox and another copy of KOTOR. so i actually got an updated xbox and everything it was cool. We had to get new TV's for the back of the front eats and a new DVD. but in the end it was ok.

What do you expect leaving an xbox a dvd player kotor and two tv's in veiw in a car at night, you were stupid but mistakes happen, hey atleast you got a new Xbox and a new Kotor, I would be happy if that happend to me but unfortently my parents wouldent buy me a new one, so noone touches my xbox apart from my mate's who only hold the controllers anything else and I slappa there face.

Casper
09-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Why not just buy a replacement laser and do it yourself? Much better than getting a whole new Xbox.

You'll be able to trade it in, as long as when you bring it to the store, it'll read 3 games, just has to boot the game basically, doesn't have to play through a game or anything.

Ghost
09-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Why not just buy a replacement laser and do it yourself? Much better than getting a whole new Xbox.

You'll be able to trade it in, as long as when you bring it to the store, it'll read 3 games, just has to boot the game basically, doesn't have to play through a game or anything.
not true when i traded in my PS2 and 4 games of it they tested every game for like 10 minutes to see if it oplayed correctly then they tested the memory cvards then the other controller i had. But i guess it depends on the person working there.

Not only that but you guys think that the 2 TV were portable no they were attached to the back of the front seat's. I had hid my xbox under my seat. The theifs were supposedly targeting expeditions when it happened. I know this cuz thats what the manager at The hotel said. but i think that the theifs just peaked through the windows or sometyhing. Cuz we have tinted windows and it was at night when it happened.

Casper
09-30-2004, 10:10 AM
not true when i traded in my PS2 and 4 games of it they tested every game for like 10 minutes to see if it oplayed correctly then they tested the memory cvards then the other controller i had. But i guess it depends on the person working there.

Don't tell me it's "not true" and then say that it depends on the person working there. I went through it 2 times already, one with my own Xbox and the other with my cousins. So yea, it happens. EB and Gamestops policy on returning a game console is that it has to at least play the game, then they send it out to get refurbished.

Ghost
09-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Don't tell me it's "not true" and then say that it depends on the person working there. I went through it 2 times already, one with my own Xbox and the other with my cousins. So yea, it happens. EB and Gamestops policy on returning a game console is that it has to at least play the game, then they send it out to get refurbished.
sorry, lol, sometimes i forget that im not the only correct person. :D

dances with broom sticks
09-30-2004, 11:05 PM
I also am suffering through the loss of my first xbox. Still havent got a replacement yet, just moved and have $0 and no job yet. My mom did say she would buy me one as soon as I find a job though, gotta love the parents

R.I.P. Xbox
November 15, 2001 - December 2003.

ok, so I have been suffering through the loss for along time

CMX Jedi
09-30-2004, 11:58 PM
I also am suffering through the loss of my first xbox. Still havent got a replacement yet, just moved and have $0 and no job yet. My mom did say she would buy me one as soon as I find a job though, gotta love the parents

R.I.P. Xbox
November 15, 2001 - December 2003.

ok, so I have been suffering through the loss for along time
you got to get one within the next month.

dances with broom sticks
10-01-2004, 12:36 PM
you got to get one within the next month.

Oh without a doubt... It was hard enough not getting fable (I had been waiting since mid '01) No way I can go without Halo 2.

I still havent got a chance to play fable :(

batman46st
10-01-2004, 04:42 PM

well when i traded my box man no one checked or anything they just took it didnt even look at it just said to me ok the diffrence is 30 bucks i was like wow not one hastle lol there gonna be pissed when that box dont work lol oh well....

batman46st
10-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Oh without a doubt... It was hard enough not getting fable (I had been waiting since mid '01) No way I can go without Halo 2.

I still havent got a chance to play fable :(

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!

l Maximus l
10-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Yeah, my first XBox literally went up in smoke...

I bought a new one the same day...

batman46st
10-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah, my first XBox literally went up in smoke...

I bought a new one the same day...

dude wat the hell in smoke max lol how?

l Maximus l
10-01-2004, 09:06 PM
dude wat the hell in smoke max lol how?

It was the wierdest thing...I was playing Halo and suddenly I started smelling a ridiculous stench...the smell of burning electronics is a very distinct and repulsive smell. Anyway, I never saw any flames or anything, of course, but, my XBox was smokin' like a cow patty in a snow bank!!!!

I ejected the game, turned off my XBox, unplugged it, and ran out the front door with it so it wouldn't stink up my entire house. Unfortunately, the stench stuck around throughout my crib for several long hours (as opposed to short hours :D).

Anyway, the very same day, I ran out and bought a brand spankin' new black and green beauty...equiped with a Samsung drive. :)

SoundX
10-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Do you guys realise how many of these threads we get? It's really worrying hearing that everyone's Xbox are breaking down. I'm on my second and alot of people I know and have spoken to are on there third. What the hell is happening?

Ghost
10-02-2004, 11:05 AM
It was the wierdest thing...I was playing Halo and suddenly I started smelling a ridiculous stench...the smell of burning electronics is a very distinct and repulsive smell. Anyway, I never saw any flames or anything, of course, but, my XBox was smokin' like a cow patty in a snow bank!!!!

I ejected the game, turned off my XBox, unplugged it, and ran out the front door with it so it wouldn't stink up my entire house. Unfortunately, the stench stuck around throughout my crib for several long hours (as opposed to short hours :D).

Anyway, the very same day, I ran out and bought a brand spankin' new black and green beauty...equiped with a Samsung drive. :)
The samsung drive is the one with two holes right?

JJaX
10-02-2004, 12:02 PM
The samsung drive is the one with two holes right?

Yes...

l Maximus l
10-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Yes...

Exactly what this squirrel said ;)

MajorTom
10-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Trust me, if you're trading it in for a new Xbox, it's for the best. I understand that you love your Xbox, as we all do, but do you not also love your games? I've had a broken Xbox for abouta year now and I jsut finally got a new one the other day. I missed my games while I had the broken Xbox because I couldn't play them, and now that I got a new Xbox, I have almost forgotten about my old one.

Luigis_Angel930
10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
I still have my first one. I got it at launch. I hope mine doesn't crap out because I don't have the money to replace it and I have Halo 2 already paid for. :(
Unless it craps out by Christmas *knocks on wood* then I can get a new one.

batman46st
10-04-2004, 07:44 PM
I still have my first one. I got it at launch. I hope mine doesn't crap out because I don't have the money to replace it and I have Halo 2 already paid for. :(
Unless it craps out by Christmas *knocks on wood* then I can get a new one.

that would suck the very reason why i did it is for halo 2

Luigis_Angel930
10-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Yes it would....lets just hope mine doesn't crap out any time soon. I'm going to knock on wood several times now. :)
*knocks on wood*

batman46st
10-05-2004, 09:36 AM
i really hope no ones xbox craps out man its the most horrible thing to just sit down try and play a game and all of a sudden u get very far and it just craps out on ya.... i wouldnt be to worried about xbox in the world crapping out this things happen its an ultimate meachine but it does die out after a while just like every other meachine cars get traded in computers get replaced and so do video games systems..... just the things us gamers have to put up with..;;

Whisper
10-05-2004, 12:22 PM
my XBOX craps out on HD intensive games sometimes.. hopefully I dont have issues with Halo 2.. that will be the final game I get of my gaming career.

batman46st
10-06-2004, 05:49 PM
my XBOX craps out on HD intensive games sometimes.. hopefully I dont have issues with Halo 2.. that will be the final game I get of my gaming career.
Wat do u mean u wont play any more games... after halo 2

Cruise438
10-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Do you guys realise how many of these threads we get? It's really worrying hearing that everyone's Xbox are breaking down. I'm on my second and alot of people I know and have spoken to are on there third. What the hell is happening?

My Xbox has been faithfully running for almost 3 years, which is a lot longer than any other console I've had. And I've had them all... Pong, Intellivision, PlayStation, Sega...

BananaMan
10-06-2004, 06:29 PM
i've had my launch....since launch :D

Luigis_Angel930
10-08-2004, 09:45 AM
So have I and I haven't had any problems with it yet. *knocks on wood*. :)