PDA

View Full Version : Genma Onimusha ---> Is it any Good? (Compared to PS2 version)

Cannibal Corpse
01-29-2002, 02:28 PM
I own the PS2 version, and I know XBox version has DD 5.1, "Updated Graphics" and the new Green Soul system.

My question specifically is that: Do these new elements justify a "new"/"better" gaming experience?

Or should I just rent the game?

Thanks in advance.

JJaX
01-29-2002, 02:32 PM
If i were You
Id rent it being you know whats its all about been dare done dat type thing.

Anyone else,If it interest you in you wanna get it, get.

DT21
01-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Just rent the game, it'll save you money.

Ninja Scroll
01-29-2002, 02:43 PM
this link will answer all your Genma Onimusha on Xbox questions sunshine!:cool: But this pic should convince you little trooper. Im getting it!
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2843278,00.html

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/xbox/genmaonimusha/genmaonimusha_screen023.jpg

oscarc619
01-29-2002, 05:35 PM
Looks like a great game. The screen shots look awsome. I'm really thinking about picking this bad boy up.

Ninja Scroll
01-29-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by oscarc619
Looks like a great game. The screen shots look awsome. I'm really thinking about picking this bad boy up.

What is there to think about? If you will have a spare fifty dollars to drop on it? Or to tell moms this is the game I always wanted (I used to use that line every week when i was a kid :D ) because your Ninja hero is getting it this week so I recommend my fellow addicts do da same! :)

oscarc619
01-29-2002, 06:41 PM
You are right....how could i have even questioned the purchase of this game...my son will just have to wait for a new pair of shoes....

Cannibal Corpse
01-30-2002, 05:08 PM
This is a work in progress, but so far here are my first impressions:
======================================================

GRAPHICS: B+
============
So-so, but not that great. The PS2 version seemed a bit sharper, crisper; Xbox's has this matt feature that doesn't seem as crisp. (Probably to hide the jaggies that was apparent in PS2).

The addition of sheen quality to the character's amour and helmet seem nice, but not that great. (or even noticeable)

SOUND: A+
==========
The addition of 'Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround' is a welcome feature, and although the PS2 version had Pro Logic Surround', after playing a while it is not "that" important. (read: as in RE games where you have to know where the next zombie is going to attack you)

GAMEPLAY: B-
=============
The addition of Green Orb and 'Tug-of-War' is neat, but still wouldn't justify branding and "all new" gaming experience (for those whom played the PS2 version that is)
It is also worth mentioning that the enemies have an "advantage" of absorbing the new Green Soul in a very unfair fashion. (being outnumbered by simply increasing the number of enemies in a given situation)

Also by making the game harder, it seems as if CAPCOM tried to "hide" the same old game/formula.

OVERALL: B- (not an average)

FINAL WORD:
If you have played the PS2 version, RENT this game. It simply doesn't justify your hard earned $50.
On the other hand, if you have never played the game, it is a great game to pick up (although hard).

Personally I feel a bit cheated, since I expected a LOT.

Bretzky
01-30-2002, 11:11 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool:

The game is really good. I recommend it to anyone who likes adventure/action games. The combat system works really well to deliver smooth gameplay. As for the graphics, I have nothing to whine about. Overall a really great game.
Also I got it at Walmart and it was ONLY $60 CANADIAN!!!
KABUKI WARRIORS WAS $80!!! WHAT A JOKE!!!
This extremely cheap price made my dad a little uneasy about me getting the game. Meh . It's great.

:D

Oh yeah, have not beaten the game yet but it is supposed to be short. Guess I'll have to play it again, and again, and again...;)

GokuX
01-31-2002, 12:26 AM
Renting first the best policy.

Shoua
01-31-2002, 12:48 AM
Man this game is so sweet i recomend this game to everyone eheheh by far a top game. I got it at eb for 77$ + tax it came with a free shirt too but it looks like i will be going in for a refund if walmart has it for 60$

JJaX
01-31-2002, 08:22 AM
i picked up my copy last night (along with my s-video hook up :D )

This game is freaking great. Cool story, the battles are intense and never get old (mad fun!). Its like a high paced resident evil with ninjas and samurais(SP?). And the tug of war for souls makes things tough. The bosses are challenging yet entertaining. The sound really sets the mode and blood is always fun! Earning souls to level up your swords and orbs is awesome too! This game rocks!!!!!! If you like action/adventure and ancient japan and gore and anime and all that good stuff you should be all over this game. Plus the guy reminds me of mitsurugi a little, And thats always a good thing ;)

DOOM
01-31-2002, 08:47 PM
The Game Is Freaking Great!!!!
My Friend Has It For The PS2 & The XBOX Version Blows It Away...
Awesome Game!!!
An Absolute Must Buy!

Dan Hibiki
02-01-2002, 11:44 AM
With a score of B-, I can see why! Wow, B-! That's almost a C+!!!!