PDA

View Full Version : Controller Is Balky: Repair or Replace?

selowitch
10-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Is it worth trying to fix a controller that has started to get flaky? Does anybody know what part is probably failing if you are starting to have trouble with proper movement using the left thumbstick? Is it possible to find replacement parts, or should I just check it and buy a new controller?

CMX Jedi
10-02-2004, 10:04 AM
it happons, when it gets steped on or with just lots usage. get a new one

selowitch
10-02-2004, 10:07 AM
it happons, when it gets steped on or with just lots usage. get a new one
But I wonder if the joystick and gasket surrounding it could just be replaced. After all, the controller is very easy to open up with a Phillips #1 screwdriver. On the other hand, I do have my eye on a green Controller S -- looks cool.

CMX Jedi
10-02-2004, 10:10 AM
it is realy ez to open but to replace the joystick senser you need alot of soldering

CarGuy
10-02-2004, 10:52 AM
My controller S just stopped working one day... I used it as an excuse to buy a green one :hump:

MajorTom
10-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Well I'm sure you could replace the parts if you really wanted. But I'm pretty sure they don't sell the parts of controllers seperately, so you'd need another controller to take the parts from. So if you need a new controller anyway, you might as well just use the new one.

BananaMan
10-02-2004, 03:54 PM
It'd be so much easier and better just to buy a new controller than wasting your time on something you probably can't fix that well. Plus it'll just keep tearing up, because that's now a weak spot.

selowitch
10-02-2004, 08:22 PM
It'd be so much easier and better just to buy a new controller than wasting your time on something you probably can't fix that well. Plus it'll just keep tearing up, because that's now a weak spot.
I guess I'll just chalk it up to planned obselesence. New green controller S, anyone?

BananaMan
10-02-2004, 11:29 PM
or blue :D

Peepers
10-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Just get a new one.

Reclaimer
10-04-2004, 05:15 AM
I guess I'll just chalk it up to planned obselesence. New green controller S, anyone?

I've got the green transluctent one that came with my Halo Xbox. It's practically the same thing, I think the jewel is different. Anyway, go ahead and get it. I wouldn't waste time trying to repair a controller. They get used so much, it'd probably break again against the wear and tear they recieve.

dances with broom sticks
10-06-2004, 04:23 PM
anyone else find the old dukes break way more than the S? Between me and my friends we have at least 6 Dukes that don't work anymore, compaired to 1 S

Shadow20002
10-06-2004, 05:33 PM
anyone else find the old dukes break way more than the S? Between me and my friends we have at least 6 Dukes that don't work anymore, compaired to 1 S

Hmmm..are you playing games or fighting with the controller ? My controller still in perfect condition since i bought my Xbox from the launch. I'm playing at least 10 hours per week.

batman46st
10-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Replace it dont even bother, but if u like its probably a little dust in the way of the sensers.

splints
10-09-2004, 04:58 AM
my left thumbstick worked until u got to a certain spot in the sensor, i thought i was just driving really bad so i just used the pad till i threw it on the ground. now it works again. so maybe opening it up and giving it a clean couldnt hurt?
but bieng the cheap b i am i bought a trublue controller. very comfortable?