PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Reviews

Wolfgame
10-03-2004, 07:40 PM
I know we've all seen reviews that simply boggle the mind, you rent or buy a supposed hit, only to find it's a dud, then you see reviews that make you wonder if you may have played the wrong game.

Bruce lee a 84%? (http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=102012)

Bruce lee is porbably one of the biggest abominations in xbox gaming history, it was possible to leg sweep every oppent through the whole game.

quote from reviewer "For starters, this game happens to be very addicting and fun at the same time. This game became so intense that I found myself yelling like Bruce himself. The fact that you can fight a bunch of dudes at once (one thing that Bruce Lee was good at) really brings excitement to the game." living proof that everyone has different opinions about games.

Then there is a game that you probably really enjoy, this game comes along and you tell everyone how much it rocks. sometimes it's hard to imagine how big someone will disagree with you, for this i've chosen DOA3 A incredible fighter showcasing the best graphics i've seen in a fighter.

DOA3 a 6 out of 10? (http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=69763)

"Dead or Alive 3 stands out as a beat 'em up for people who haven't played the others. It's an also-ran by design, knocked together in a short space of time using assets employed throughout its predecessor. It invites criticism from start to stop, but it definitely has more than its fair share of bouncy breasted heroines and the finest visuals of any game on the format to date. Coupled with the average fighting mechanics, for some that will be enough."

Maybe you enjoyed this red, cause I think it's kinda interesting at times to see things like this, I have a friend who is the biggest star wars fan I know and he abolutley hates star wars KOTOR.

BananaMan
10-03-2004, 08:53 PM
It depends if the reviewer is biased against a system, a game, a company, etc. and what type of games they like.

super_ryu
10-03-2004, 09:11 PM
It depends if the reviewer is biased against a system, a game, a company, etc. and what type of games they like.
and if their gay, or on drugs upon the time they wrote it
Although there are alot of contreversal games where some people really like the game, and others hate it (such as the shenmue series, and Driv3r)

Cryogenic Pyro
10-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Kabuki Warriors, 70%!?

http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox/games/reviews/18441.shtml

Jamo
10-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Its true. DOA 3 is a prime example of that. People have to give games a chance and sometimes the reviewers give it to low for what it truely deserves or more than what it deserves like Bruce Lee.

It's all opinion based. I don't think anyone should lok at the number at the end of a review or sometimes even read the dang thing. What we should do is play it somewhere or rent it whatever and see what you truely think. Because I've seen several games shot down by reveiwers like "Gamespot" that deserved better. And other games reviewed by everyone that get way to high of ratings for something thats just THEIR opinion and becuase THEY love the series. Not us.

Variation-XBA
10-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Another reason I don't go to gamespot for REAL info.

Snowblind
10-04-2004, 02:41 AM
Doom 3, 8.5
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3/review.html

Gamespot = Secretly rebuilding Soviet Union...

Reclaimer
10-04-2004, 05:12 AM
This is why I am a firm believer in renting the game first. I will never trust a magazine, especially a multi-console mag.
At any rate, my opinion would have to come from me or my bestfriend renting it.
I would trust his opinion over anyone elses because we have the exact same taste in games.

odpr
10-06-2004, 02:45 PM
stick only to game spot the usually give a game what it deserve.. they are real pro\s //

odpr
10-06-2004, 02:48 PM
doa is a good example of accurate gamespot review , they didnt let the hype to interfre with the judgment, and look they are right, doa is a button messher ,it has a really good gfx, but that's it, to call it a master piece in fighting ....that's too much...

a good example is a friend of mine who practice it a lot, one day I came to his house and fought him, he was really pro, but I finished him very quick with out much knowledge,...just keeped pushing the buttons, the defence doesn;t work very much there, and gamespot said all this in the review...

Chewy
10-06-2004, 03:02 PM
This is the hardest part about reviewing games. Some you just love, and others hate, and sometimes it is the other way around. The one that sticks in my brain lately is Silent Hill 4:The Room. I got asked to review it, and spend most of the weekend playing the game. I called up Stephen and said "Man, I freakin' hate this game. If I play one more minute, you are going to have to buy me a new controller when I smash this one over my own skull" Rich ended up picking it up and really liked it. 4.8/5 It would have been lucky to get a 2.5 out of me. And yet the Suffering I gave a 5 to earlier in the year. Casper wondered if I had lost my mind, but I loved that game. The best thing to do is not to just look at the rating, but read the review and see if you might like a feature that the reviewer hated, or maybe hate a something that the reviewer liked. So think about the features that the reviewer is talking about in the game and see how you would feel about those features. That is my 2 cents.

Shadow20002
10-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Reviews like this is only matters who really interest in score overall around the world. Not me at all. :)

batman46st
10-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Okay for years now all i've herd is bad things about gamespot and they are all true they're idiots!!! example guys this people said so many awfull things about halo from it being a little kid game to it being a low graphic game... I also with out a dought am pretty sure they are associated with playstation 2 ZD net is adverstised in there websites... my opinion dont sweat wat they say dont sweat wat any gaming mag sais...... Your opinion is the only one that counts...

As for dead or alive 3 honestly i bought the game it was my 3rd game to buy for the xbox right after munches oddessy... Doa3 all though it was a button smasher very fun to play with and the defense was very effective the combo brakes and reverses this game used where very well put i see no problem with it.. (now i wouldnt go as far as saying this is a great game but id give it a 80 on it) and how come they wont give tekken series a bad review when tekken is as much button smasher and Doa3 ... they are just tree hippy ps2 lovers... ( long live the box)

l Maximus l
10-06-2004, 08:53 PM
I'm with Reclaimer...I just rent the game or get strong recommendations from buddies. For instance, I played Burnout 3 before I bought it...loved it, now I choke the chicken while playing this bad ass game! Rapid fire style! My one-eyed barfing purple headed sausage is getting a major workout!

Oh yeah, back on track here, I recommended it to some friends and they rented it and can't stop playing it!

Czm21x
10-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Too much bias is involved instead of looking at the game from as a series of points like graphics,controls,fps etc.

mrmp3
10-07-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm with Reclaimer...I just rent the game or get strong recommendations from buddies. For instance, I played Burnout 3 before I bought it...loved it, now I choke the chicken while playing this bad ass game! Rapid fire style! My one-eyed barfing purple headed sausage is getting a major workout!

Oh yeah, back on track here, I recommended it to some friends and they rented it and can't stop playing it!

:rofl: LMAO :rofl:

Anywayz, DOA3 deserved every average to slightly above average review it deserved. From what I gather, the ones who don't understand why it scored so low, didn't play DOA2 or DOA2 Hardcore. I loved DOA2 on Dreamcast and loved 4 player fighting. Jann Lee was the man if you want the feeling of Bruce Lee and all his shouting, screw the Bruce Lee game, play DOA , choose Jann Lee, and release hell on your opponents (Bruce Lee sounds included).

But back on topic, DOA3 added 2 new characters, beefed up the graphics, and made some different boards. There was no gameplay modes or gameplay features added. That's not progressing the series. That's why its scores were so low and why I do not own it. Interactive enviroments were in DOA2, and I think they added some more multi-tier ones in DOA2 Hardcore. And from what I see, DOA:Online looks just like 3 with online play. It really is a shame, they are just repeating DOA2 over and over, kinda like Dynasty Warriors is doing, people will catch on eventually and just stop buying'em. Still, I have faith Temco will fix this all once they release a full new version and not just online versions of past DOA games "ONLY ON XBOX".

LynxFX
10-07-2004, 03:52 PM
For instance, I played Burnout 3 before I bought it...loved it, now I choke the chicken while playing this bad ass game! Rapid fire style! My one-eyed barfing purple headed sausage is getting a major workout!
Max, I was going to invite you over to my place for some Burnout 3 carnage when you are in town....but now I'm kinda having second thoughts. :eek:

:eek:

LikShotz
10-07-2004, 03:56 PM
and if their gay, or on drugs upon the time they wrote it
Although there are alot of contreversal games where some people really like the game, and others hate it (such as the shenmue series, and Driv3r) so their gay or on drugs because they rate a game?"Fan boy Alert" i bought bruce lee. and thoughti t was aight. wasnt that bad.