PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue 2 And Soul Calibur 2??

Satch
01-29-2002, 09:54 PM
Hey all. anybody heard any anouncements on the release dates of these two games? these are my most anticipated ones so i would be glad to hear anything you know about them. they gotta be good. just look at the first ones! BTW havn't posted on here lately. XBOX is still great like always. every one of my friends that has played mine has either got one or is wanting one. proves that one person can make a difference! get the word out yall. well thanks for your comments.

Shadow Fox
01-29-2002, 10:56 PM
Shemue II is already out for DC, so you can try it out until the Xbox version gets here; it'll be awhile...

Both Shenmue II and Soul Calibur II are TBA as of right now, so that could mean anytime from May to December. SCII is slated for a Summer 2002 release for GCN/PS2 though; so hopefully the Xbox version should be out at that same time.

I'd say Shenmue II probably won't make it to US shores till at least September as a safe bet, followed by a PS2 version in December.

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

StudioAlex
01-30-2002, 12:40 PM
Since when was PS2 getting a version of Shenmue 2? That really steams my tomatoes.

JJaX
01-30-2002, 12:48 PM
A playable version of soul calibur 2 will be revealed at the end of Febuary. YEEES!

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2843762,00.html

Ninja Scroll
01-30-2002, 12:50 PM
WTF!! Shadow Fox...please cut it with for false information!:mad:
Shenmue II is a Xbox (US) exclusive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's due this fall/winter 2002 for the green machine.
It also avalible on Sega Dreamcast in Japan & Europe.
You can import it for you DC if your not willing to wait later this year, but either way you win. Im gonna do both myself:cool:
And no Shenmue II will never see the light of day on PoS2 ever.
Nor will it be on GC!
Soul Calibur 2 is gonna be mulit-platform. So it will be on all systems (Xbox, PS2, GC) and no release dates have been announced thus far. Only screen shot!:)
Like this one!

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/012902/soulcalibur2/soulcalibur2_screen003.jpg

StudioAlex
01-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Phew... Thanks for the info "dad." I was really worried there. But may I ask, who's kicking your a$$ in that picture! I'm too young to go on a vengeance quest!

JJaX
01-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
Phew... Thanks for the info "dad." I was really worried there. But may I ask, who's kicking your a$$ in that picture! I'm too young to go on a vengeance quest!

A G A Y guy with that uses string to talk long distances and electricute people.

http://arcticnightfall.com/ninjascroll/characters/images/yurimaru.jpg

http://arcticnightfall.com/ninjascroll/characters/yurimaru.html

Ninja Scroll
01-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

hahaha!
Yo son, that pic was when this g@y dude in my movie electricuted your father and tried to kill me!:eek: But this chick came and set him up and all that good struff!;)
Have you ever seen my movie? Ninja Scroll.... on DVD, in stores everwhere!!!!:D :cool: :D

check this pic out. It's an advertisement for the arcade game in japan for Soul Calibur 2!
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2001/vgnews/092401/soulcalibur2_screen007.jpg

Shadow Fox
01-30-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
WTF!! Shadow Fox...please cut it with for false information!:mad:
Shenmue II is a Xbox (US) exclusive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's due this fall/winter 2002 for the green machine.
It also avalible on Sega Dreamcast in Japan & Europe.
You can import it for you DC if your not willing to wait later this year, but either way you win. Im gonna do both myself:cool:
And no Shenmue II will never see the light of day on PoS2 ever.
Nor will it be on GC!
Soul Calibur 2 is gonna be mulit-platform. So it will be on all systems (Xbox, PS2, GC) and no release dates have been announced thus far. Only screen shot!:)Sorry about that, fellow ninji, but I've gotten it twisted by trusting japanese mags. But the word is (in game dock magazine), that Shenmue II and Jet Set Radio Future will be getting ported to PS2 a little later after the Xbox versions debut. If I had a scanner, I'd post the japanese text. But anyways, it's also a rumor in one of the forums on the web, I forget which, but there's been no "announcement" regarding this either. I think there's an interview with Yu Susaki about this, and I'll search for it and get back to ya.

As for SCII, that's the Jap release date too, in the same mag for GCN/PS2. It will be announced at E3 according to the text, along with another Tales game for GBA/PS2. So as far as the states, we are still in the dark, and the Shenmue II date was just a guess, which I stated. Just don't kill me for trusting an overseas mag...;)

ƒGƒ^[ƒiƒ‹ ƒAƒ‹ƒJƒfƒBƒA er, I mean:

StudioAlex
01-31-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Have you ever seen my movie? Ninja Scroll.... on DVD, in stores everwhere!!!!:D :cool: :D

Yeah, I saw it when it first hit america like five or six years ago. I can't remember too much. Is that the one with the blind dude? He was cool.

GokuX
01-31-2002, 07:10 AM
Are all of the Soul Caliber 2 screen shots taken from an arcade version or is there actually a progressing console version? I've not been keeping up with it's development and translation to the console scene. The screenshots I saw on Gamespot didn't look stellar. Presuming they were taken from a console I would certainly hope the final version looks a lot better.

Shadow Fox
01-31-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
Are all of the Soul Caliber 2 screen shots taken from an arcade version or is there actually a progressing console version? I've not been keeping up with it's development and translation to the console scene. The screenshots I saw on Gamespot didn't look stellar. Presuming they were taken from a console I would certainly hope the final version looks a lot better. All the shots and movies are from the betas floating around in Japan/US...The teaser flick at Shoshinkai 2k1 was rumored to be actual GameCube footage, but I doubt it's true. SCII is just now being finalized (Cassandra still has 100% priority in her super from a guard impact, Hwang's sword disappears randomly, etc.), and probably won't be completely ready until after its second unvieling @AOU and later at AMOA this year.

TRUE_GAMER
02-01-2002, 01:02 AM
are two games I can't wait for.

StudioAlex
02-01-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by TRUE_GAMER
are two games I can't wait for.

Very well put.

Ninja Scroll
02-01-2002, 11:13 AM
StudioAlex's siggy: Looking for the g@y dude who hurt my dad...

Yo Alex, dont worry my adopted son:D this chick in da movie killed him for me!:)