PDA

View Full Version : Wireless controller recomendations

LiquidX
10-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Tomorrow Im most likely going to take some old games and Fable in as a trade at Gamestop. I really want to get a wireless controller. Sitting 8 feet away from a 60 inch non-HD TV doesnt look as good as it does across the room. After the trade in and some extra cash that I have, I estimate that I will have about 65-70 dollars. So what do you all recommend?

CMX Jedi
10-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Tomorrow Im most likely going to take some old games and Fable in as a trade at Gamestop. I really want to get a wireless controller. Sitting 8 feet away from a 60 inch non-HD TV doesnt look as good as it does across the room. After the trade in and some extra cash that I have, I estimate that I will have about 65-70 dollars. So what do you all recommend?
i recomend getting an extention cable, non of the wireless controlers support the headset.

Chewy
10-05-2004, 03:49 PM
i recomend getting an extention cable, non of the wireless controlers support the headset.

Yep, that is the problem man. I have a wireless controller, works pretty well most of the time, does bug out every once in a while. But like Doobus says, no place to plug in your headset, so it blows for XBL.

LiquidX
10-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Live doesnt matter to me since I dont have it and probably wont for a while since im too lazy to get a job to pay for broadband :D. Besides, I would really like to not have a cord. I only have one controller hooked up anyway. My others are just for LAN's.

severd hed
10-05-2004, 05:18 PM
i bought the logitech precision wireless controller for my xbox and i love it.
it is very responsive and has a great feel to it. it has a button layout like the S controller, but it just a bit larger. the sticks and triggers feel really good, as do the buttons. even the Dpad is good, which is suprising. overall, i couldnt be happier with it. runs on 2 aa batteris. even has vibration motors, which you can turn off. gets pretty decent battery life too. it does not have a switch to change channels, so i dont know how it functions with more than one unit, but im sure it will work. i highly reccomend it.

walmart and target charge $39.99 where most other places charge $49.99..so shop around

i havent used any of the other xbox wireless controllers, but i have used other 3rd party wired controllers, and this one blows them away. it doesnt feel like a 3rd party controller. in fact it is the first 3rd party controller i actually liked, on any console.

i also picked up the PS2 version of this controller, and it also is very nice

LiquidX
10-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Thats most likely the one im picking up tomorrow if I decide to. Thanks for the info :).

Spaztic
10-06-2004, 01:58 PM
I played them all and they all have some slight probelms with delay once and awhile. I got rid of all of my wireless and bought new wire controllers....

wbio
10-06-2004, 06:38 PM
The only one I've used is the MadCatz one. I really liked it, worked great... then I accidently knocked my friend's out of his hands and broke it and had to give him mine :(