PDA

View Full Version : I left my heart in Sega town, USA...

mrmp3
10-06-2004, 02:10 PM
No, this isn't another one of those I miss the Dcast threads, however, it is another one of those "sega needs to make another one of this game".

When it comes to strategy games that are non-real time, there has only been one for me, and that is the Shining Force series. I completed both the 1st and 2nd one and loved'em. For years (almost going on 6 now) have I waited for the releases of Shining Force III Episode II, and III stateside. Episode I did come out stateside, but that was just a tease. I needed to play the others.

Unfortunately however, I was unaware of how Episode I saw limited reproduction and how rare it would be. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I was one of those fools who traded it in to EB for a fraction of the original price. Oh, how I long to have it back not only to finish it but consider selling on Ebay with it's outrageous price tag (along with panzer dragoon saga which also goes for quite the pretty penny). You ask, why oh why did you trade these priceless games in you stupid fool? Answer: Saturn was ending it's lifecycle and I traded the Saturn and some games to get some decent credit for my system to preorder non other than the Dreamcast.

So sick of waiting, I downloaded a Sega Saturn emulator , found the ISOS, got the BIOS (which is the only thing I can legally have right now since I found a Saturn at a garage sale a couple years back), and I gotta tell yah, despite the fact I hate strategy games, Shining Force still does the trick that must tickle the strategist area in my brain that just won't let me stop.

The problem is though, the emulator doesn't support controllers, and not remembering too well, the framerate was god awful. I forgot how bad it was. Almost as bad as Perfect Dark w/ full bots and 4 players. Another problem is Episodes II and III, are not translated and don't have an English option. The only way to find out wtf people are saying is reading a translation guide in some sort of .txt* reader, but that takes me away from the experience.

So for the sake of us Shining Force fans (I'd say SF cept that abbreviation belongs to none other than Street Fighter), please Sega, don't worry about the graphics. I like the characters, the buildings are obviously horrible and the water effects. All I want though is a steady framerate, Episodes II and III translated and maybe bundle all three together, and release it stateside. PLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!

TheCovenant
10-07-2004, 05:38 AM
uhm...i thought powerstone was pretty cool...they should bring powerstone 2 or even 3 to xbox
(i am aware that there is no powerstone 3)

shinning force was a game i could never get into. revolutionary? yes, but so was shenmue and i couldn't get into that either.

AlBoogy
10-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Nights, Nights and uhhhhh Nights.

mrmp3
10-07-2004, 02:57 PM
uhm...i thought powerstone was pretty cool...they should bring powerstone 2 or even 3 to xbox
(i am aware that there is no powerstone 3)

shinning force was a game i could never get into. revolutionary? yes, but so was shenmue and i couldn't get into that either.

Nights, Nights and uhhhhh Nights.

IMO, Nights was good, but not as amazing as everyone made it out to be. Still, the game was fun so I won't argue.

And yea powerstone kicked ass, but that was a dcast title. Still, I'd love to see Powerstone 3. The co-op in 2 was kick ass.

TheCovenant
10-07-2004, 03:00 PM
IMO, Nights was good, but not as amazing as everyone made it out to be. Still, the game was fun so I won't argue.

And yea powerstone kicked ass, but that was a dcast title. Still, I'd love to see Powerstone 3. The co-op in 2 was kick ass.

they could make a gint map and have 16 player mode on live if they brought it to xbox...it would be mayhem, but a lot of people seemed to buy smash bros melee, so this would be an exceptional title.

damnit....I miss the Dcast!!

AlBoogy
10-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Sega didnt make powerstone. That was capcom fellas.

StudioAlex
10-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Sega needs to remake Panzer Saga, as is just with really pretty visual, so the Xbox owners can see what the best RPG ever was really like.

Also, nights would be lovely. As well as a new single player Phantasy Star, along with a true sequel to PSO. Wait, that PS Universe, right. Oh well.

Also, Golden Axe, Chakan (was in the works for DC), anything with "Shining" in the title. They should make another Resident Evil for Capcom because Veronica is still the best. Ooooh, how about Eternal Champions?

Awwwe. I love the old days.

Almost forgot. Seaman would be great on Xbox. He'd be able to remember so much. What's Yoot doing these days anyway?