PDA

View Full Version : Is burnout 3 really as good as people say?

Ghost
10-08-2004, 01:12 AM
I have lots of PC games that bore me and i ahve a couple of console games, anyway should i trade those in for burnout 3? i mean is the game really that good? :confused:

Dark Enemy
10-08-2004, 01:14 AM
I have lots of PC games that bore me and i ahve a couple of console games, anyway should i trade those in for burnout 3? i mean is the game really that good? :confused:

Wait for Underground 2

ramprider0
10-08-2004, 02:37 AM
From what I played it was just what everyone said it was "Awesome" I'm going to get it as soon as I can get a good deal on it.

Canes94
10-08-2004, 06:21 AM
yes it's a great game...I don't really like racing games, but this one is awesome

Sheeyt
10-08-2004, 07:32 AM
I second what Canes said!

Carnage
10-08-2004, 07:59 AM
Smashing into 30+ cars never seems to get old. Burnout3 is definately worth checking out.

Spaztic
10-08-2004, 08:48 AM
yes, it is really that good!

LTM360
10-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Wait for Underground 2

You're kidding right? I would rather play Burnout 3 rather than 'Pimp My Ride: The Game 2', I mean, NFS:Underground 2. NFS:U has no gameplay whatsoever. All about car design. Burnout 3 is probably the best racer ever made. You'd be a fool to not pick this up, or at least play it.

Razor70
10-08-2004, 09:36 AM
I love the game personally, but if you have doubts try renting it first to see if you like it and then if you do go out and buy it! If you don't then at least your not out your other games, only $3 to 5.

CrazyCougar
10-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Its a definite must buy. You can rent it, but then you'll be kicking yourself for wasting $5 you could have used to purchase it. LOL! Just kiddin. Seriously the game is that good. But like razor said, if anyone has given you doubts then rent it. You wont regret it.

Dark Enemy
10-08-2004, 10:01 AM
You're kidding right? I would rather play Burnout 3 rather than 'Pimp My Ride: The Game 2', I mean, NFS:Underground 2. NFS:U has no gameplay whatsoever. All about car design. Burnout 3 is probably the best racer ever made. You'd be a fool to not pick this up, or at least play it.

I meant if he was low on budget to wait and see underground 2...maybe by then burnout 3 will be cheaper. And like everyone said, i agree burnout 3 is teh 1337

Young_Fledgling
10-08-2004, 10:48 AM
i have rented burnout 3 twice now and i might just do it again :D

No Fear 23
10-08-2004, 10:50 AM
get burnout. you wont regret it.

Ghost
10-08-2004, 12:07 PM
ok, i think i will trade in some PC games and midnight club 2 for burnout 3. lol thnx for all the "advice"

odpr
10-08-2004, 12:13 PM
to my opinion this is a really ****ty game for those who like a good racing game , it's really a good game for those who don't like racing game, and like to smash things, bump into stuff, and don't care about the physics model, about the speed about nothing actually just love to smash things, the car there go as fast as a airplane, the damage model is pathethic u can run into the wall in a very high speed andd nothing will happen, it's truely arcade style game, not like project gothem, or rally , this explain why gamespot like it ,because they like arcade style games, like rally from microsoft.

If u are a racing fun DONT get it, If u are a casual player who love to play other games and not racing sims this racing game is for u.
:p

Ghost
10-08-2004, 12:17 PM
to my opinion this is a really ****ty game for those who like a good racing game , it's really a good game for those who don't like racing game, and like to smash things, bump into stuff, and don't care about the physics model, about the speed about nothing actually just love to smash things, the car there go as fast as a airplane, the damage model is pathethic u can run into the wall in a very high speed andd nothing will happen, it's truely arcade style game, not like project gothem, or rally , this explain why gamespot like it ,because they like arcade style games, like rally from microsoft.

If u are a racing fun DONT get it, If u are a casual player who love to play other games and not racing sims this racing game is for u.
:p
lol, so its pretty much oriented towards everyone. no wonder why everyone likes it. ok ill go pick it up. :D

Cruise438
10-08-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm not addicted to Burnout 3... I can stop playing anytime... I just don't want to right now...

CrazyCougar
10-08-2004, 01:16 PM
I have to disagree about the casual racer thing. I absolutely LOVE racers and am looking forward to Forza the most. But this game is off the hook when it comes to racing. Of course its extremely arcadey and physics arent true to life! But it is fun as hell. There's nothing like racing at top speed and clipping your buddy into a semi...head on!!!! The sense of speed in the game is extremely well done. So again, I think if you DO like racers than you WILL love this game. Most will anyhow.

severd hed
10-08-2004, 02:46 PM
get it.

i dont really like racers, and i love it..one of my top 5 favorite games.

my friend loves racers, and he also loves burnout 3. you need this game

natedog8
10-08-2004, 03:05 PM
yep, it is definetly a good buy
grand turismo 3 for ps2 is probably my least favorite game of all time, and I hated project gotham
but I loooove this game!
anyone who has this game add me to your friends list and we'll play sometime

l Maximus l
10-09-2004, 12:28 AM
Burnout 3 PWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, Burnout 3 is probably the most refreshing gaming experience I have had in a long long long ass time. If you're looking for a racing simulator, this is definately not your game...But, if you are looking for a crazy ass fun, super addicting, kick ass arcade style racing game, you've only got a taste of what Burnout 3 provides!

I first played Burnout 3 at the mall and I thought it was fun. But, it wasn't until I decided to buy it and brought it home where I had a freakin' blast! Of course the 25" TV at the mall doesn't compare to my 50" HDTV and 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound, but, you get to see what the game really has.

I haven't seen even 10% of this game yet and I'm addicted as hell. I usually only play vids on Sunday these days because of my busy work schedule and home responsibilities. However, right before the Seahawks game and after, it's all about the Burnout 3 :D

Variation-XBA
10-09-2004, 01:35 AM
Playing it now as we speak ^_^
Go buy it... now.... go...

BunnyRabbit
10-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Wait for Underground 2

That game is going to be awesome.. But I mean if you didnt want to wait...I definitely say Burnout 3 is a good game..I loved it, but past offline I dont really find online tooo addictive..Unlocking the stuff is the best part.

pvsurfer03
10-09-2004, 02:33 PM
It's my favorite racing game ever.

AlphaRaptor
10-09-2004, 04:08 PM
This is the best game sinse....ever!

BunnyRabbit
10-09-2004, 05:10 PM
It's my favorite racing game ever.

I can honestly say the same although I hate to let that top the old classic F-Zero on the super nintendo..LOVED THAT!
But yeah even with that atop the lists NFSU2 Im sure is to replace even Burnout 3... :D

AlphaCigara
10-09-2004, 05:14 PM
I just played the NFSU 2 demo last night for PS2. Felt way too much like Midnight Club 2 for my liking (with the whole driving around a town finding cars to race, driving to body shops, driving up to cars and challenging them, etc), and Midnight 2 was a love it or hate it experience. I didn't care for it, and i can honestly say Burnout 3 is way better IMO

mrmp3
10-09-2004, 06:25 PM
I've had the game for maybe 2 days, got about 10 hours on it. The crashes are sick, the races no longer have time limits like in 1 and 2, and it's just intense stuff. Online is pretty sick too. I like the Team games, specially where one team runs and the other just wrecks people. Not the greatest online experience, but still a lot of fun. Not to mention, the offline is awesome and enjoyable unlike SW:BF. Rent it at least. You get hooked once you figure out everything.

Ninjermy
10-10-2004, 12:30 AM
i thought it was great. i played it for mabye 20 hours and it was a blast. online was slightly dissapointing but it really cudnt have been better realisticlly, but single player is a kick butt blast.

ramprider0
10-17-2004, 08:58 AM
BTW I just bought Burnout 3 last night and I was wondering is there a way to use manual transmission? My copy is preowned and didn't come with a manual so if someone could help me out I'd appriciate it.

pvsurfer03
10-17-2004, 06:18 PM
No there isnt a way to use manual transmission.

LynxFX
10-18-2004, 05:22 PM
There's no need for manual transmission either in this particular game. ;)

Falls
10-19-2004, 02:28 AM
i love the game... very good, and i dont like racers either.

ramprider0
10-19-2004, 06:20 AM
I just thought that it would give me an advantage over others with automatics because you could accelerate faster off the line in Double Impact.

Unreal
10-20-2004, 08:41 PM
When a game's strong point is the crashing, you know anyone can play it and do good. I am a little late to the party. So is Burnout 3 any good? Yes, Yes it is :D

Dyslexic Chaos
10-21-2004, 01:13 AM
it's truely arcade style game, not like project gothem, or rally , this explain why gamespot like it ,because they like arcade style games , like rally from microsoft.

My friend, have you been hanging out with John Kerry? Because you just flip-flopped. (Just kidding of course, because I am an avid Kerry supporter.)

Hugh_Jass
10-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Some of the cars in this game are incredibly fast! It's hard to control them when you're using the boost.

FUN GAME!

lax_defense
10-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Its a really great game. I was stupid and traded it in for Halo 2 preorder credit(well, not stupid, but...yeah...).

Now I'm in withdrawal.

ll Mista GT ll
10-23-2004, 06:35 PM
This game is truly the best! :hump:

Youd have to be crazy not to get. I personally love to do the crash part of the game

I give it a ***** rating

GO FOR IT AND BUY IT

The Best,
Xboxfreak :D