PDA

View Full Version : Greg Hasting Pro Paintball trailer

No Fear 23
10-08-2004, 09:46 AM
http://www.todaysgamer.com/files/greg.wmv

looks pretty sweet. :cheers:

FB-Gollum
10-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Whoa...I told people that game could own. I'm sold.

StudioAlex
10-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Is it me, or doesn't it seem somewhat ludicrous to play a simulation of something (paintball) that's already a simulation of something (armed combat)?

BlackWeenie
10-08-2004, 07:22 PM
paintball is a sport just as much as football or baseball. it has gone FAR away from being a military sim.

Fonzie
10-08-2004, 07:29 PM
I think we shouldnt change this thread to the one in the first impressions forum.

Screaming-Eagle
10-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Paintball is now very close to military sim.... check this out..
ICurrently own 2 of the ram4's

RAM 4 (http://www.rap4.com)

dances with broom sticks
10-08-2004, 09:37 PM
I don't have an opinion on paintball games in general, I say if the game is fun to play, it can't be bad. Im sure the paintball game would be good for younger children whos parents don't allow them to play violent games. At least they can play some form of a FPS.

With that said, I strongly believe this game will suck. I just doubt there would be enough interest in this game to justify a developer to fork over the money to make a A title about paintball. I think this game will be a game that gets played out within the first few days. Hopefully Im wrong, because Im sure a good paintball game would be a fun XBL clan game, but I doubt I am

MajorTom
10-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Well broomsticks, I think you are wrong. I think the video game industry has been in need of a good paintball game for a long time and I think this will be the one. I think there will be lots of interest in this game. Also, I don't think it will be a subsitute for an fps if it's a paintball sim, paintball guns have far less distance and less accuracy than a firearm, also a lot of fps's you have a health meter and can be shot several times without dying. In a paintball sim, if you get shot in the baby toe, you're out.
There are more differences I can rant about but I'm sure everyone is tired of reading this post if anyone actually gets this far in it so I'm just gonan shut up.

Variation-XBA
10-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Hrm, actualyl doesnt look that bad, and LIVE, so maybe I'll have to.. :)

blonks
10-10-2004, 02:56 PM
heh, actually, this game looks horrible IMO, an idea of a paintball game isnt bad though, but it just looks like one of those low-budget 20 dollar titles that you'll play for a little bit, id rather stick to rainbow

dances with broom sticks
10-10-2004, 07:55 PM
heh, actually, this game looks horrible IMO, an idea of a paintball game isnt bad though, but it just looks like one of those low-budget 20 dollar titles that you'll play for a little bit, id rather stick to rainbow

Thats exactly what Im saying. If done right Im sure a paintball game would be hella fun, I just don't think this will be it. I hope Im wrong though, because I would love to play a good paintball videogame

Koopa
10-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Well broomsticks, I think you are wrong. I think the video game industry has been in need of a good paintball game for a long time and I think this will be the one. I think there will be lots of interest in this game. Also, I don't think it will be a subsitute for an fps if it's a paintball sim, paintball guns have far less distance and less accuracy than a firearm, also a lot of fps's you have a health meter and can be shot several times without dying. In a paintball sim, if you get shot in the baby toe, you're out.
There are more differences I can rant about but I'm sure everyone is tired of reading this post if anyone actually gets this far in it so I'm just gonan shut up.

hey, there already is a good paintball game (http://pc.ign.com/articles/164/164025p1.html) available!

:rofl:

ubernoober
10-11-2004, 08:31 PM
All I have to say is 11.3 million people play paintball in America and it is the fastest growing sport in the world.

Watch some footage of the real sport being played, and tell me its not a sport.

Hell, watch fox and and spike tv.

nutsnyomowf
10-11-2004, 09:55 PM
I agree the game being at a $20 price tag may be the best bet,(but hey everything else in paintball is over priced).Paintball no doubt is a sport,a very popular one at that my local field gets a good 80 players on saterdays and im in a lil city.

Wolfgame
10-12-2004, 08:51 PM
looks pretty decent to me, definently a rental IMO though.

BTW, most of you guys are saying 20$ price tag, but according to ebgames its MSRP is 40$, but who knows.