PDA

View Full Version : Problem with XBox

Calve
10-08-2004, 12:25 PM
I've been having a weird problem with XBox lately and was wondering if anything knew about it and how to fix it.

It started about a month and a half ago, when I rented a game and put it in the XBox. The console made a clicking noise after the game went in, and the green light around the open button kept on flashing, trying to read the game. However after like 15 seconds it stopped trying and the green light around the open button turned red and a screen came up telling me to call up Microsoft XBox support (it showed in like 10 different languages). I kept on trying and eventually got the game to work, however even with my original games my XBox still does it occasionally and wont let me play for anywhere from 1 hour to 2 days, then it just gets normal again.

If anyone can help me it'd be extremely appreciated.

Thanks.

Cruise438
10-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Do you still have a warranty?

Calve
10-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Do you still have a warranty?
Nope, I got my Xbox like 4 years ago... :mad:

Huckleberry
10-08-2004, 01:13 PM
sounds like your drive tray is going to me. i got the same thing as mine failed.

Rhiannon
10-08-2004, 01:57 PM
which drive tray are we speaking of? Thompson?, Samsung? Or Phillips?

Calve
10-08-2004, 03:13 PM
sounds like your drive tray is going to me. i got the same thing as mine failed.
How much would it cost to replace?

MajorTom
10-08-2004, 05:01 PM
I'd say you'd be better off buying a new Xbox.

Huckleberry
10-08-2004, 05:09 PM
How much would it cost to replace?

if it's thompson drive, you can get one for about 30 bucks on ebay, or from thompson for something like 40. it's very simple to replace, and since your box is so old you don't have to worry about breaking warranty on it.

LTM360
10-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Finally, I found someone who's did this too. I went off and bought a new one, then about a week after I bought it, I hooked it up out of curiosity, and to this day it works fine. Ocassionally clicking, but never actually stop working. Un hook your xbox, put it someone clean, and dont use it for about a week or two, and re hook it up.

Calve
10-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Finally, I found someone who's did this too. I went off and bought a new one, then about a week after I bought it, I hooked it up out of curiosity, and to this day it works fine. Ocassionally clicking, but never actually stop working. Un hook your xbox, put it someone clean, and dont use it for about a week or two, and re hook it up.
Much thanks buddy.

I'll do what you said! :cheers: