PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Online Plans

tbird
01-30-2002, 03:48 PM
Microsoft has said that they would have the online netowrk within 6 months from launch. I keep searching all the sites but they provide very minimal info on their plans or when it's even coming out. I sometimes hear by April or summer. Either way I believe they should start their marketing plans now or atleast provide us with some definate plans.

Many of us don't have DSL lines and definately need to start shopping around for the best prices. Do any of you know any more info than what I know??? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thx:)

BiohazardEHW
01-30-2002, 04:17 PM
I dont have DSL.....I got cable! :) 56Ker's...haha, you wont be lagging up any Xbox games by the loooks of it :)

robnyack
01-30-2002, 08:03 PM
last issue of xbox mag said they are sticking with their summer rollout timetable.

this month's xbox mag is supposed to have some more details.

Shadow Fox
01-30-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
I dont have DSL.....I got cable! :) 56Ker's...haha, you wont be lagging up any Xbox games by the loooks of it :) Actually, a router can hook the Xbox to dialup. Xbox has a simple 10/100 ethernet card, which accepts ANY speed connection under 100 megabits. 56k just happens to be below that (waaay below), and all you gotta have is a modem/router combo, or both items + your choice of a Cat-5 cable. Viola'!! 56ker's can now terrorize others with their horrible ping.;)

Just cuz the modem isn't there doesn't mean it can't happen...

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

LynxFX
01-30-2002, 10:29 PM
And quoting one of my favorite lines form Jurassic Park:

You were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should.

I hope they put in some kind of protocals or code that will kick users with very bad pings like they do in most games now.