PDA

View Full Version : MAx pane two, and thoughts about the Video Game industry

odpr
10-11-2004, 10:30 AM
This is amazing, I just finished Max pan in less then one day, this is out rages.
and ridiculous, apart from the fact that gamespot gave it a really high score , and this game is pathetic, easy pizzzy, there is no way u gonna stuck in it
no challenge, a weird story line, that doesn't connect to anything, the only good thing in it is the credit music, which is truly amazing,

now to the subject,
I was watching the credits, and asked my self MY GOD four years, on this game according to the credits worked amount of people that to my opinion is equal to Microsoft office team, and that what they produce ion fOUR YEARS!!! FOUR YEARS!! More then three hundred people worked on this lam game?

I really don't get it, why so many people worked on it?
Why it took them sooooo long to produce it, while there is no change what so ever from max pane one, apart from the face it even easier and much more shorter..

So many people work on one video game for so long time and this s the output? I bet that on hallo worked a smaller team, and look what they produce,

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME THAT?

severd hed
10-11-2004, 10:57 AM
so, it is really short? i bought it on friday at EB for $15 brand new, although i havent played it yet. I played through the first one on the PC and liked it alot. i bought it for xbox but never played it too much. i picked up the second one becasue i figured it would be good, and the price was right. how many hours are we talking here?

SoundX
10-11-2004, 11:02 AM
That game is funking awesome, don't diss it. Forgeting the length its an amazing game. The Gameplay, Physics, Story. Oh yeah, some of those years we're probably spent thinking about story and of course the developers probably had other developments too.

I love that game.

AlBoogy
10-11-2004, 11:23 AM
I know youre from Israel and all but that was unreadable. Sorry man.

OuFtb
10-11-2004, 11:26 AM
so, it is really short? i bought it on friday at EB for $15 brand new, although i havent played it yet. I played through the first one on the PC and liked it alot. i bought it for xbox but never played it too much. i picked up the second one becasue i figured it would be good, and the price was right. how many hours are we talking here?
In the sunday paper ebgames had the game listed at $9.99 and I think they meant new, they always wait till you buy the game to lower the price. :confused:

Anyway I loved the first one, and I already bought the second one just waiting to get in the mail.

LTM360
10-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is a good game, if you dot' understand the story, you probably either A. didn't pay attention, B. Didn't play the first. It's a fantastic story, and game. Though insanely short, it's still good.

Spaztic
10-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Max payne ownz....granted it is short, but I loved it! Fable was short to, it still ownez.

BORNGD
10-11-2004, 11:44 AM
i honestly think that buying new release games is usually a bad idea. some games are worth it of course, but the majority are not. I usually wait till the price hits 15 or there is some crazy deal you just cant pass up. Buying max payne 2 now would be a great pick up as the price has gone down so much. I wouldnt complain at all, unless i paid 50 for this game

severd hed
10-11-2004, 01:27 PM
i rarely pay $50 for a single player only game. there are exceptions..but for the most part, i wait till they drop..due to the lack of replay value. how many hours do you think it takes? 10-12?

if so, thats pretty much perfect for me. more than 15 hours or so and i get sick of playing.

odpr
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
ok, let's make a little bit order here :)

first, this game is too short, no matter what u say, I also don't like games that too long, but this one is really too short

second, the first one was a very good game, this one is exectly as the first one, nothing new in it, and more then that, in today gaming where the AI counts, I didn't see any AI in this game, theenemy just keep coming to u, u don't need to hide, u can simply run use bullet time and kill them all

I guess that for ten bucks it's ok, but to pay full price on it?!

I can't understand people that say it's a good game, I would like you to explain to me what you find good in it? the AI ? the gamplay? the replay value?

ethe only amazing thing in it is the song in the end... :)

Conchord
10-11-2004, 03:37 PM
I could have swore max payne 2 was a good game...

odpr
10-11-2004, 03:39 PM
ahahahah, explain.... explain... details details.....

Variation-XBA
10-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Just cause YOU don't like it, doesn't make it a bad game. though short, it had a good story, and gameplay was alright.

Games take alot of people to make and alot of time. If you've ever programmed, which I'm sure you havent, you would know why. Making, testing, marketting etc etc all takes time and money.

odpr
10-11-2004, 03:49 PM
I DO program, and I know how much time it takes!
but excuse me to take such a huge crew (more then halo) and make such a lame game....

Variation-XBA
10-11-2004, 03:51 PM
I DO program, and I know how much time it takes!
but excuse me to take such a huge crew (more then halo) and make such a lame game....

If you program why are you asking why it takes so long, you whould know. HTML isnt programming :P heh

Rockstar makes maxpayne and have been around awhile, so they have a good size team.

Again, it wasn't lame just cause YOU think so.

odpr
10-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Well, my dear friend, I probably programmed before you born,...
and I do have my opinion which I explained in a very long thread, If you say it's a good game please explain to me what so good in it, I explained what is bad..

LTM360
10-11-2004, 04:08 PM
easy pizzzy, there is no way u gonna stuck in it
no challenge, a weird story line, that doesn't connect to anything

Diffculty - Play it on Dead Man Walking, see if its so easy then.

Weird Story Line - It was fantastic, because you didn't get it apparently, doesn't make it bad

Duration - I can't change it, but short games don't suck (Devil May Cry, Max Payne 2, Fable).

Really, that's all you complained about, other than how many people worked on it, which is a bit rediculous.

Read the full review, they'll explain why it's good better than I can, since I beat it over a year ago.

Dyslexic Chaos
10-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Okay, i shall try and elaborate on why max payne 2 is good.

Personally, i don't know if anyone else does this, but i love replaying most of the fight scenes. There is something indescribably cool about running into a room, activating bullet time, taking out a Pump-Action shotgun, sticking it in some guys chest, pulling the trigger, watching him fall back into his buddy (yaay physics!) seeing another come in from another door, jumping back in slow-mo (which is now free ie: doesnt waste bullet-time)and shooting him in the legs, causing him to do a face-plant, and being able to stay-on the ground (a new feature) and keep firing at the re-inforcements coming in the door, getting up, re-loading in that awesome slow-mo spin with the camera swirling around, seeing a guy in the window, shooting him and watching in slow-mo as he falls down the fire-escape, causing wood boards to fly as he plummets to the ground. Then, powered up by the previous kills, turning to the guy you shot the first dude into, taking out your ingrams, going back into bullet-time, and juggling him around the room. I dunno, maybe it's just me :-P

I also like the plot-twist late in the game, and the writing is, once again, very tongue-in-cheek. There are many references to the first game through-out as well, some blatant in the story, some tucked away in the tv shows in the game, some in the themepark home of Mona (the guy screaming about "the flesh of fallen angels"). My only minor complaint was sometimes the level designs got repetitive, but hey, they got rid of those damn screaming kid and blood trail mazes, so that automatically makes it much better than the original.

Also, as far as i know (ask reclaimer if you are really picky) the guns sound accurate, as do most of the sound effects. The conversations of the enemies you over-hear are always funny and make you attempt to stay hidden so you can continue to eavesdrop.

But those are just my two cents. Iy certainley does have to be your kind of game. If ya dont get the story, somewhere there is a briefing of the last game at the main menu. It's really straightforward from there, in fact i found the story much more legible in this game than Max Payne 1. Anyway, to each his own certainly.

Also, if you found the game too short, it's probably because you were enjoying it so much. Most good games are too short. After all, noone ever accused the Duke of Hazard 2 http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/374454.asp?q=dukes%20of%20hazzard (PSOne) of being too short.

BTW, does this post make me look like a sicko???

odpr
10-12-2004, 06:43 AM
welp, As u said , it's the same thing every time, entering a room doing bullet time which actually doing you invulnerable ) and killing every one, because they don't know how to fight back.

Now for the levels, most of them take place in the same places over and over,what I also don't get isI why every level look like a construction site (even the house of the last boss..)

To my opinion max pane two is just a bad replica of the first one, but even shorter..

And I have nothing against short games, but not that SHORT..

Whisper
10-12-2004, 09:09 AM
i dont care how short it was or how unrealistic it was.. it was one of the funnest games I have ever played.. and I don't know why you didn't get the story, probably because you have a loose grip on the english language.. I consider it the best game storyline to date.

SoundX
10-12-2004, 10:35 AM
It's not that short, not if you take your time to whoop ass and do everything possible like me. I used to shift back to my last checkpoint just to kill someone in bullet time again.

Wolfboy_888
10-13-2004, 02:35 PM
that is the only problem with the game..it's too short.. you get to see some nice boobies in there ..what else more can you want? The only other possible beef i could have about the 2nd one is A.) the first one had the dark max payne with nothing to lose... the 2nd one it was like he was lost..thats where the game contrasts. B.) the guy who was max payne in the 1st one should of done the player model for the 2nd one... he's like a early 30s cop in the 1st one and in the 2nd one he looked like a grandpa.

oh yea...is the hardest difficulty ending the correct one? you'll know what im talking about.