PDA

View Full Version : EGM:"I'll **** my pants if Halo 2 can outdo HL 2."

Koopa
10-11-2004, 04:13 PM
agree about Halo vs HL 1. But I'll **** my pants if Halo 2 can outdo HL 2. HL 2 is like Stanley Kubrick made a videogame, not necessarily in its tone, but in its near absolute perfectionism. Everything from A.I. to dificulty to sound to music to pacing to dialog to just plain imagination is clearly the product of years and years of love and genius

Best shooter ever made. Possibly the best single-player game I've ever played

IMO HL 2 makes a mockery of HL 1, it's that good. I'm just giving these guys the benefit of the doubt, but I honestly think there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Halo 2's single player will be better. But it's apples and oranges and when I review Halo 2 I won't even make the comparison. But as an FPS nut who loves console and PC, I can have my personal opinions.

Doom 3 and FarCry are garbage compared to this. Doom 3 more so. I really wish I could tell you why, but you'll have to wait. Once the reviews start coming out you'll get a better picture.

I can't really say much about it yet, but it's good stuff. And a very clear indication that either HL 3 or a series of expansions are on the way.

Interacting with the environment is amazing. The sheer imagination in the level design, events, surprises, and discoveries you make as you play is amazing. The AI of friends and foes is amazing. The pacing, and variety is amazing. Ditto for characterization, visual effects, audio effects, music, level of difficulty, everything. It's like Stanley Kubrick made a videogame and obsessed over every detail. There's not a whiff of commitee anywhere.

I'm a total HL 2 fanboy now. You're right in that Halo 2 "could" be better (of course if I already played through the final game i couldn't tell you), but here's the thing: I play most every FPS in existence and I have never, ever seen anything remotely close to Half-Life 2. Not even. Let's say I haven't played Halo 2 yet. I'm still in a position to say that its single-player would have to be absolutely fscking nuts to beat HL 2. But the whole argument is pointless. You'd be stupid to overlook either game, and until the Source mods start rolling in, Halo 2 will have the sicker multiplayer anyhow.

pretty strong words, huh?

source: somewhere in this (http://lithium.1up.com/zd/board/message?board.id=egm_disc&message.id=268192&view=by_date_ascending&page=1) thread

TOTTEN
10-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Very strong words.

Yankeez
10-11-2004, 04:29 PM
I will gurantee half life 2 gets a better score than halo 2, u just cant compare the two

Anthony4sho
Those dem fightin' words.

Koopa
Very strong words.
them be fightin words

[edit]
DAMN YOU, beat me to it.

No Fear 23
10-11-2004, 04:54 PM
im sure that once he'll play the campaign for halo 2, he'll change his view. so it seems....half life 2 may have the best single player, but halo 2 will have the best multiplayer.

I prefer multiplayer over singleplayer, so in my opinion, halo 2 is the best and has the advantage over the pros/cons debate.

AlphaCigara
10-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Smartest thing EGM ever said, i agree entirely

yall
10-11-2004, 05:22 PM
half life 2 may have the best single player, but halo 2 will have the best multiplayer.

Out of the box, that is most likely true.

Like the author said though, once the mods start rolling in, HL2 will most likely overtake Halo 2 as the better multiplayer platform as well.

stormin4
10-11-2004, 05:23 PM
I think he better go get a ****load of toilet paper!

LiquidX
10-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Meh, im not a big PC gamer anyway. Never really liked the first HL either. Just depends on your taste in FPS games. I'll get HL2 but will most likely play Halo 2 more unless HL2 is a phenominal as this guy says... they I'll play them equally.

JADE8704
10-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I don't really care, either. I'm going to enjoy both games on my Xbox so it doesn't matter. I'm more of a Halo fan myself so I'm a bit biased towards H2...Right now it's on my #1 To-Get list for this year followed closely by HL2 and GTA 4

:)

ShannonX
10-11-2004, 05:51 PM
i'm sure i'll get both, specially if hl2 comes out on the xbox, say what you will about fps gaming on a console, but i enjoy the console more than the pc for that type of game.

Brevity
10-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I cant wait to play them all, really.

SPARTAN VI
10-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Koopa poopa, you've got to be the only guy that's so amped about Half-Life 2, but hasn't finished Half-Life 1. :rofl:

Cryogenic Pyro
10-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Koopa poopa, you've got to be the only guy that's so amped about Half-Life 2, but hasn't finished Half-Life 1. :rofl:
Nope, I haven't finished Half-Life yet, and I think this EGM guy knows what he's talking about :p.

Koopa
10-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Nope, I haven't finished Half-Life yet, and I think this EGM guy knows what he's talking about :p.
true. we're just a product of our time. i didn't seriously get into gaming at all until around '98, and by the time i had even heard of half-life it was outdated. by the time i started even PLAYING half life, i had halo...so there was pretty much no contest. i have a hard enough time keeping up with the current games, much less trying to cram in an extra 20-hour old game. however, i have enough familiarity with the story to fully appreciate the sequel.

other examples....

metroid prime (i never played any other metroids), DOA3 for most people, ninja gaiden, warcraft 3, rainbow six 3...and thats off the top of my head.

LikShotz
10-11-2004, 07:05 PM
LMFAO! Anthony takes the prize on with that post.

StudioAlex
10-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Who cares? Both games will rock. I'm leaning towards halo because it's has a better universe and story. But I do have this wierd suspicion HL 2 will be somewhat of a letdown. We'll have to see.

Also, I don't either will be outscoring one another since one is an xbox exclusive and the other is on the PC (for the time being).

Peepers
10-11-2004, 07:24 PM
It will be nice when I own both...

Koopa
10-11-2004, 08:11 PM
It will be nice when I own both...
so true.

SPARTAN VI
10-11-2004, 09:33 PM
so true.

It'll be nicer when I kick your ass at both games! :yikes:

armyof_one/ltd
10-11-2004, 09:34 PM
The only thing I agree on is that you can´t compare HL2 :hail: with Halo2 :hump: other from being FPS games.

I loved the first Half-Life, and believe me the ending is worth it, and I am rather hyped with the sequel this is why I won´t say that one is better than the other, Halo is also amazing.
I Am going to say that I´ll be playin both* when they come out and I´ll be expecting more sequels :D

Koopa
10-11-2004, 09:49 PM
It'll be nicer when I kick your ass at both games! :yikes:
whatever man, whatever :cheers:

Variation-XBA
10-12-2004, 02:31 AM
Just cause they are flagship titles, they are trying to compare them and have them have a stand-off?

I'm getting both so I really don't care, but I'm looking more forward to Halo 2's singke player more personally.

CharlieHustle
10-12-2004, 12:15 PM
First of all, when does hl2 come out?? Second of all, if its that good, then i will have both, we all know that halo 2 is a given. HL2, i dont know much about it but i stopped caring for reviews a long time ago. But the more good games out, the better it is for us, right?

FB-Gollum
10-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Hmmm, strong words to be sure, but he makes a pretty standard point. It's not really Halo 2 versus Half Life 2, it's PC Shooters versus Console Shooters. Frankly, I'm a dedicated Xbox fan, but PC Shooters are always going to be better overall. It's not even a fair comparison, PC games can aim ahead and create things for technology that will exist in the future. They have more memory, more power more everything. Consoles can compete in gameplay, but even what you can do with that get's limited by hardware (Fable anyone? That game would have ruled on PC).

So no, HL2 will be the best PC shooter, Halo 2 will be the best console shooter, and both will redefine what is expected from their respective mediums.

StudioAlex
10-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Good point. At the end of the day, gameplay rules. Halo was just incredibley fun to play. Thought it was a great game,I never replayed Half Life, but I've replayed Halo numerous times. It's crack I tell you. I expect more of the same from the sequels.

AlphaRaptor
10-12-2004, 05:47 PM
As far as whats actually going to be a better game, its going to be VERY close. HL2's SP "might" be better as far as enviroment interactivity goes, but since HL2 lacks a MP mod Halo 2 just might take the lead. Both games are going to have an awesome SP mod no doubt about that, but no MP on HL2 is a huge downer. I can easily tell you im going to spend a LOT more time playing Halo 2 than HL2 and thats what really counts.

I know im gonna love both games, this is just my IMO.

Anthony4sho
10-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Before anyone busts a nut on HL2, is that **** even coming out? I know it's not coming out this year.......

Cryogenic Pyro
10-12-2004, 08:17 PM
As far as whats actually going to be a better game, its going to be VERY close. HL2's SP "might" be better as far as enviroment interactivity goes, but since HL2 lacks a MP mod Halo 2 just might take the lead. Both games are going to have an awesome SP mod no doubt about that, but no MP on HL2 is a huge downer. I can easily tell you im going to spend a LOT more time playing Halo 2 than HL2 and thats what really counts.

I know im gonna love both games, this is just my IMO.
Counter-Strike: Source is Half-Life 2's multiplayer. It isn't there as a multiplayer experience -- it IS the multiplayer.

BananaMan
10-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Smartest thing EGM ever said, i agree entirely
i agree, and as stated in the other thread

half life 2 mp/sp > halo 2 mp/sp

as stated before i love my xbox and halo, but half-life 2 will out do it.

Alpharaptor, you're funny. learn about a game before you talk.

CS:S is the multiplayer, DOD:S is included, and TFC2 (uses the source engine) comes out like a few months later.

SPARTAN VI
10-13-2004, 04:47 AM
Before anyone busts a nut on HL2, is that **** even coming out? I know it's not coming out this year.......

Yes.. it... is? Isn't it slated for a November release? Koopa?

Cryogenic Pyro
10-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Yes.. it... is? Isn't it slated for a November release? Koopa?
November first, if I'm not mistaken.

Variation-XBA
10-13-2004, 10:29 AM
The 3 magical dates are November 1st (gold will have to happen pretty soon for that one), Nov 15th and Nov 28th... so it's anyones guess.

Razor70
10-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Someone better buy him a big box of depends..he will be needing them very soon. Halo 2 is gonna kick the arse of Half Life 2! Enough said!

Koopa
10-13-2004, 05:20 PM
half life 2 will come out when venus is in the second house, and jupiter is aligned with mars.

BananaMan
10-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Someone better buy him a big box of depends..he will be needing them very soon. Halo 2 is gonna kick the arse of Half Life 2! Enough said!
get out of this thread.

mattgame
10-14-2004, 09:25 AM
EGM is garbage anyway. Halo 2 single player is unknown to all of us so how do we know if it an compare to HL2? The sheer magnitude of Halo 2 must mean that it is more anticipated and or better than HL2. IMO.

Cryogenic Pyro
10-14-2004, 01:23 PM
EGM is garbage anyway. Halo 2 single player is unknown to all of us so how do we know if it an compare to HL2? The sheer magnitude of Halo 2 must mean that it is more anticipated and or better than HL2. IMO.
Well your opinion sucks. My opinion is better.

themoosearmy
10-14-2004, 01:40 PM
I would expect Half-Life 2 to be better, it has the infinite strength of the PC hardware and market to back it, but you can't deny Halo 2 will own every console game for a long time.

mattgame
10-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Well your opinion sucks. My opinion is better.

If opinions are like *******s then yes yours is better :p :hump: :cheers:

Cryogenic Pyro
10-14-2004, 06:55 PM
If opinions are like *******s then yes yours is better :p :hump: :cheers:
I take offense to that :(.

BananaMan
10-14-2004, 07:01 PM
The original half-life was given game of the year by over 50 publications. I expect to see the same with Half-Life 2.

Half-life 2 is much more anticipated than halo 2.
Half-Life 2 will beat halo 2 in sells, and probably ratings too.

HL2 > Halo 2

but in the end, they'll both be kick ass games. :cheers:

(i am not a fanboy, i'm just stating facts, known facts. :D )

disclaimer: i love halo and my xbox more than half-life and my computer, don't get me wrong.

Variation-XBA
10-15-2004, 02:35 AM
Half-life 2 is much more anticipated than halo 2.
Half-Life 2 will beat halo 2 in sells, and probably ratings too.

Then why does Halo2 have well well over a million preorders and will EASILY outsell it from day1?

sucks alot of people will download HL2 though... =/

BananaMan
10-15-2004, 09:22 AM
Then why does Halo2 have well well over a million preorders and will EASILY outsell it from day1?

sucks alot of people will download HL2 though... =/
you don't have to pre-order half life 2, you can easily download it off of steam instead of going to the store. it WILL be outsold the first day, but in long term sells..it's over...

Razor70
10-15-2004, 09:39 AM
get out of this thread.

Okay what good is a thread if you can't have different opinions. I am sorry to say that Halo 2 will outdo Half Life 2. Half Life surprised everyone when it first came out with new and exciting things. Half Life 2, which will have new items, will not bring alot of new stuff to the table. Halo 2 on the other hand, which does have the better storyline imo, is bringing alot of new stuff to the table and with the following of this game will be the winner in the end. There is just too much of a gap of time between HL and HL2. And with it still not finished as of yet, we don't even know if and when HL2 will ever see the light of day. So, my original post of...Getting him a box of depends stands.

BananaMan
10-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Okay what good is a thread if you can't have different opinions. I am sorry to say that Halo 2 will outdo Half Life 2. Half Life surprised everyone when it first came out with new and exciting things. Half Life 2, which will have new items, will not bring alot of new stuff to the table. Halo 2 on the other hand, which does have the better storyline imo, is bringing alot of new stuff to the table and with the following of this game will be the winner in the end. There is just too much of a gap of time between HL and HL2. And with it still not finished as of yet, we don't even know if and when HL2 will ever see the light of day. So, my original post of...Getting him a box of depends stands.
half-life 2 is bring a lot of new things to the table, a brand new engine (source) which is the realest engine to date with the true to life effects of physics.

also how do you know halo 2 has a better storyline when you've played NEITHER game yet.

there's hardly anytime gap between halo 2 and half life 2, they're released within weeks of each other.

half life 2 will see the light of day, what are you smoking? you can already preload it onto your computer right now

Anthony4sho
10-15-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm not Anti-Half Life 2, but let's face it: It's not coming out this year. It's been in development how long? I lost interest in this game about 6 months ago, and if I remember correctly, Valve said that they do not think it will be ready this year. By all means, it should whoop Halo 2's ass because:

1. It's on the PC which = Mods, upgrades all that shat.

AND

2. It's been in development for as long as I can remember.

So this game should be the second coming of christ. But I don't see anyone on this board talking about HL 2, and I don't see any seperate forum's for HL 2. Which just goes to show that some people don't give a rat's ass anymore.

SoundX
10-15-2004, 12:50 PM
I just realised how stupid this convo is considering these games aren't even out yet. :rolleyes:

Sheeyt
10-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Half-Life 2 = Vaporware!

Cold_As_Ice
10-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Half-Life 1 >>>>>> Halo 1, overall, imho, even by todays stardards.

Expect our current situation to follow suit.

Let the flamming commence!

Cryogenic Pyro
10-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Half-Life 2 = Vaporware!
You're vaporware!

StudioAlex
10-15-2004, 03:34 PM
I'd like an honest answer for this question, for those of you who played and loved both, which single player did you spend more time with?

Since I only played through Half Life once, the answer for me is easily Halo. They're different kind of games, really. Halo is more action oriented, and its scenarios are designed to be played over and over again, allowing players to try different plans. Half Life felt more like a methodical survival-adventure game, that while extremely fun, didn't offer the same replay value.

BananaMan
10-15-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm not Anti-Half Life 2, but let's face it: It's not coming out this year. It's been in development how long? I lost interest in this game about 6 months ago, and if I remember correctly, Valve said that they do not think it will be ready this year. By all means, it should whoop Halo 2's ass because:

1. It's on the PC which = Mods, upgrades all that shat.

AND

2. It's been in development for as long as I can remember.

So this game should be the second coming of christ. But I don't see anyone on this board talking about HL 2, and I don't see any seperate forum's for HL 2. Which just goes to show that some people don't give a rat's ass anymore.
valve has said nothing

it's coming out this year

why do you think you can already preload it, get out of my thread. :whistle:

natedog8
10-15-2004, 03:46 PM
banana man your being a total ***** about this
telling people to get out of 'your' thread and leave and stuff
check it out
you havent played half life 2
you havent played halo 2
until you play BOTH games, YOU cant compare either

Cold_As_Ice
10-15-2004, 04:18 PM
I'd like an honest answer for this question, for those of you who played and loved both, which single player did you spend more time with?

Since I only played through Half Life once, the answer for me is easily Halo. They're different kind of games, really. Halo is more action oriented, and its scenarios are designed to be played over and over again, allowing players to try different plans. Half Life felt more like a methodical survival-adventure game, that while extremely fun, didn't offer the same replay value.

I've easily spent more time with Half-Life, no question. I only got around to playing Half-Life in 01 when I purchased the Collectors Edition on a whim. I've completed the single player several times; the first experience was absolutely amazing, and, in my opinion, no other FPS has surpassed it, speaking based on the evaluation of the overall experience. Obviously, the games of this generation have raised stardards, evolving and expanding on several facets of what a FPS comprises of, like A.I and graphics, for example, but no other game has yet even been able to rival the total experience of Half-Life's single player, truely.

Koopa
10-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Half-Life 2 = Vaporware!

i guess the PCGamer guys were smoking some weird **** when they "reviewed" it, then. :rofl:

SPARTAN VI
10-16-2004, 03:59 AM
Don't look now, but PCGamer US's Chuck Osborn rated Half-Life 2.

Gave it a 98% the highest rating that magazine has ever given.

And Chuck isn't some nobody, he's been there as long as TheVede.

"Arguably the best game ever made" ~Chuck Osborn

ooOooooo

Shadow20002
10-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Hmm....i must get Halo 2 by any means.

GuiltySpark
10-16-2004, 11:47 AM
OMG, you guys haven't even played the games and you are already judging them. They will probably both get perfect scores across the board. But Halo 2 will probably get GOTY because of it's multiplayer. That and more than just %5 of people in this thread will be able to play it.

C'mon, do you really think you are going to be able to play this game at a decent framerate? Let's be realistic....

EDIT: BTW, it seems to me that this guy is trying to say that he's already played H2 single player. If this is the case he should be fired, torched, and chopped up into nice little pieces. Why? Because that would mean that he pirated it and sunk down to the same level as the french. Sad, really....

mordecai
10-17-2004, 01:57 AM
As fare as how anticipated the game is the only real measure is pre-orders, which Halo 2 has more of (and I know that poeple can just download HL2 but you can't measure that acurately so you can't use it in an argument). I dunno about if it's going to be better though. The only way to properly measure what you think a game will be like is based on what the developer has created in the past. Bungie has made Halo (obviously), Oni, the Myth trilogy, the Marathon series, and Abuse (early game few people know of). I have personally played 5 of these (Halo, Oni, Myth I & II, and Abuse) and I thought everyone of them was excellently made. What has Valve made outside of Half Life? I believe I have made my point. :cool:

BananaMan
10-17-2004, 06:19 PM
banana man your being a total ***** about this
telling people to get out of 'your' thread and leave and stuff
check it out
you havent played half life 2
you havent played halo 2
until you play BOTH games, YOU cant compare either
everyone else is comparing in this thread, so i can't?

check it out, the getting out of my thread is a joke, get on board.

for all the people that said it's not coming out this year.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/15/news_6110731.html

WHAT? :cheers:

OMG, you guys haven't even played the games and you are already judging them. They will probably both get perfect scores across the board. But Halo 2 will probably get GOTY because of it's multiplayer. That and more than just %5 of people in this thread will be able to play it.

C'mon, do you really think you are going to be able to play this game at a decent framerate? Let's be realistic....

EDIT: BTW, it seems to me that this guy is trying to say that he's already played H2 single player. If this is the case he should be fired, torched, and chopped up into nice little pieces. Why? Because that would mean that he pirated it and sunk down to the same level as the french. Sad, really....
guilty, no offense but halo 2's multiplayer will get its ass kicked by half-life 2s multiplayer, considering it's CS:SOURCE. Also Half-Life got GOTY by 50+ publications, expect similiar results with half-life 2.

i'll be back to this thread when both games are released. we'll see who wins. :whistle:

StudioAlex
10-17-2004, 09:39 PM
guilty, no offense but halo 2's multiplayer will get its ass kicked by half-life 2s multiplayer, considering it's CS:SOURCE. Also Half-Life got GOTY by 50+ publications, expect similiar results with half-life 2.

So did the first Deus Ex. What's your point?

i'll be back to this thread when both games are released. we'll see who wins. :whistle:

You do that. We'll be busy having fun playing Halo and/or Half-Life.

SPARTAN VI
10-18-2004, 03:03 AM

Play what game at a decent framerate? Half-Life 2 or Halo 2?

Cryogenic Pyro
10-18-2004, 08:51 AM
Yes, I do, and I only have a half-decent machine. I mean, come on, I play Doom 3 at a decent framerate.

BananaMan
10-18-2004, 09:46 AM
plus, they said half-life 2 can be run on the older computers, it's like optimized to run on them if you want it to.

somethin like that.

GuiltySpark
10-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Last time I checked, this game was a monster and would barely run on an old machine (at 640x480). I guess I could be wrong.

And no, I don't mean Halo 2, c'mon I really don't make myself sound that dumb do I.

I think what it's going to boil down to is who has the better story. And multiplayer for HL2. Well, I guess we'll just see.

Personally I prefer LAN parties with friends so....

Or maybe I'm just b*tching cuz my comp suck ass....

BananaMan
10-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Last time I checked, this game was a monster and would barely run on an old machine (at 640x480). I guess I could be wrong.

And no, I don't mean Halo 2, c'mon I really don't make myself sound that dumb do I.

I think what it's going to boil down to is who has the better story. And multiplayer for HL2. Well, I guess we'll just see.

i think it's the latter. :D

Koopa
10-18-2004, 04:11 PM

The minimum requirements for Half-Life 2 and other Source engine games are:

* 1.2GHz processor
* 256MB RAM
* DirectX 7 graphics card
* Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

The recommended requirements for Half-Life 2 and other Source engine games are:

* 2.4GHz processor
* 512MB RAM
* DirectX 9 graphics card
* Microsoft Windows 2000/XP

BananaMan
10-18-2004, 04:21 PM
damn my mhz isn't up there, it's just barely with the minimum, but everything else is recomended.

SPARTAN VI
10-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah, my PC will work more than fine.

I play Doom3 at 1024x768 with Ultra quality. Haven't bothered going 1152x864, or higher.

natedog8
10-18-2004, 05:08 PM
anyone have any suggestions as far as RAM upgrades go?

I have 249mb now

Cryogenic Pyro
10-18-2004, 05:44 PM

I have 249mb now
I believe you mean 256 :D. Windows has a funny way of reporting the amount of RAM and CPU speed wrong half the time.

As for your question, what do you mean exactly, what to buy, how to do it? What are you asking?

My computer seems up-to-spec for Half-Life 2. I double the recommended RAM, have a mid-range videocard, and my CPU speed is 2205MHz. My CPU should be fine, because when companies state actual speeds in GHz and MHz, they almost always refer to Intel CPUs; I have an AMD.

batman46st
10-18-2004, 06:37 PM
im just gonna say this who cares get both game that way no matter wat u got the best one me personaly dont care two **** about this bill gate looking hero never really did it for me..... halo 1 though man great halo 2 i cant wait

Koopa
10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
oh crap this is going to turn into a ******* contest with computer specs:D

I have 249mb now

google around for it....i found ram that was like 100 dollars cheaper than the stuff they were selling at fry's by just investing a lot of time in looking around online for the best retailer with the best type of ram for the lowest cost that was compatible with my computer...go dig up the user's manual that came with your comp and see if it says anything (unless you built it yourself, in which case uh......look at the instructions for the mobo? idunno)

[edit]-i find it strange that "crap" is not censored, but the verb that describes the process of urination must be censored to preserve the virgin ears of our pious forumgoers.

SPARTAN VI
10-19-2004, 12:42 AM
oh crap this is going to turn into a ******* contest with computer specs:D

google around for it....i found ram that was like 100 dollars cheaper than the stuff they were selling at fry's by just investing a lot of time in looking around online for the best retailer with the best type of ram for the lowest cost that was compatible with my computer...go dig up the user's manual that came with your comp and see if it says anything (unless you built it yourself, in which case uh......look at the instructions for the mobo? idunno)

[edit]-i find it strange that "crap" is not censored, but the verb that describes the process of urination must be censored to preserve the virgin ears of our pious forumgoers.

Yep, you can get a very decent stick of 512mb of ram for under $100. I got my mushkin PC3200 DDR400 for $75. :hump:

No Fear 23
10-19-2004, 01:14 AM
i hate PC games. i think im better on the controller than mouse.