PDA

View Full Version : Video Game WTF's.

Dyslexic Chaos
10-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Okay, just so the mods know, if this is in the wrong forum (i was thinking maybe off-topic), feel free to move it...

okay, this is a topic for everyone to share the things in games that make them go WTF!?!?

mine are...

1)In RPG's, being able to go into anyone's house.

2)In fable, it says the amount of days past, yet in like 15 days, you can age 35-45 years...

I thought i had 3, but i forgot the last one.. well, while i try to remember it, you guys can share yours.

David Luckey
10-12-2004, 12:59 AM
A few days after launch, when I saw the first combat forms in Halo, right when the creepy music got loud+intense. (I have 5.1, and it was loud...the things look scary as hell, and, as I said, I had the vol up-and the combat form made a weird sound when he popped around that corner)

The fact that Fable took me 10 hours to beat the first time (just doing the main quest, of course) even though it was been in development longer than the xbox has been around.

Having to save 'the princess' like 7 times before I actually saved her...damn toad guys...

Eating shrooms and becoming 'super'

Spitting fire from my mouth

Getting a racoon tail, and being able to fly with it

Punching my brother in the shin, and he instantly dies

Max Payne.

Variation-XBA
10-12-2004, 02:28 AM
In Fable: WTF does a key tug on the line when fishing?

faceoff508
10-12-2004, 05:06 AM
In Fable: WTF does a key tug on the line when fishing?

and its harder to fish than a fish, for god sakes that pisses me off. Same with wedding rings, how the f*** can a wedding ring snap the freeking line like 3 times.

severd hed
10-12-2004, 11:18 AM
in the new mortal kombat games (deadly alliance, deception) lots of people have attacks that knock people to the ground, causing them to bounce up in the air...wtf? we are fighting people, not bumbles.

clipping borders that are not clearly defined. i understand that there are limits to where your character is able to move in a video game...but this should be clearly defined..not of these invisible walls. not to pick on MK deception..but im going to. the konquest mode, you wanter around through many outdoor areas, including wooded areas. however, somtimes there are trees you just cant walk between, even though there is plenty of room for your character to fit, instead, youhave to go around the other side...it is very annoying.

SoundX
10-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Rayman, that limbless freak!

As soon as I turn on Fable I realise I've finished it.

The noises Ryu makes when dying in Ninja Gaiden.

Mid-Flow DOA Gaming, and a DD Error pops up.

Mario and a Water Blaster.

Luigi and a Hoover.

The fact that people drop the boxes their carrying if you talk to them in Fable.

CMX Jedi
10-12-2004, 12:08 PM
why can your guy run forever, wouldent he get tired and want to walk?

why in halo when you pick up ammo for your rocket launcher (after you used it all) your rocket recoils when you didnt shoot it?

why in FPS game you can never see your feet?

i guess thats all i got

Exprit
10-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Here are some of my WTF-moments:

Halo: the first time I saw those little creepy creatures appear in "the flood" ! :yikes:

Dead Or Alive Extreme Beach Volley: when suddenly became clear, after my team-partner had left, that no other girl wanted to team up with my character anymore... and so I didn't get any chance to play a match anymore... :bang:

Colin Mc Rae 2005: last week when all of a sudden a weird bug showed up: red colored rays which went from the top of my car into the top corners of the screen, completely messing up my view. Finally I had to switch my XBox off & on to make it stop. :bang:

Rainbow Six 3: the very first time I noticed the "lean glitch"... :huh:

The Sims 2 (PC): a male character giving birth to an alien baby ! :rofl:

StudioAlex
10-12-2004, 03:38 PM
In halo on the second level when you approach the first tunnel and Cortana say, "That cave is not a natural formation."

And then the chief says, "Thank God I have a multi-jillion dollar AI constuct like you around, you dumb f****** idiot!"

CarGuy
10-12-2004, 07:48 PM
In ESPN football when the ball is thrown sometimes your defensive backs just stop for no reason.

OuFtb
10-12-2004, 08:44 PM
In ESPN football when the ball is thrown sometimes your defensive backs just stop for no reason.

Mine run from the ball leaving the reciver wide open, thats a WTF moment.

The only other I can think of, its not in the game but still is the same thing, earlier today I got Brute Force in the mail open it up and theres two manuals one in English the other in some language I can't read.

lotec16
10-12-2004, 08:56 PM
How in halo, none of the environments were anything. Example, the PoA, halls and rooms freakin everywhere, but never really showed much. There were cryo rooms, a deck, and an armory, and a cafiteria. But other than that, they were just random rooms/hall ways with nothing in them(lets have a long ass hall go to this little room, and not have anything on the way!). And the library, more nothing.

ShaDovV RyDer
10-12-2004, 09:17 PM
My WTF? moment is in Halo how MC jumps so high in Blood Gulch and Sidewinder when you do the glitches with the ghost...and no its not the ghost puching him up or MC would die.

Variation-XBA
10-12-2004, 09:18 PM
why in FPS game you can never see your feet?

In Halo 2 you can :)

CMX Jedi
10-12-2004, 10:06 PM
In Halo 2 you can :)
:cool: sweet

OppiumNitrates
10-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Been playing Street Fighter II in the arcade latly (One major perk about being at Full Sail for Game Design is a lobby full of FREE arcade machines). If you get close enough to your opponent your attacks go right though your opponent. That a WTF moment for anyone watching, but especially the guys playing

Ninjermy
10-12-2004, 10:16 PM
when i was playing halo and i drove the warthog through this door and it shut right on me killing me. anyways my corpse flew through it into the next room where it cued this movie scene only master chief was lying dead on the ground during it. he even started talking like that, and the next thing i new he was standing up crooked glitching back and forth really fast.
it was cool.

Young_Fledgling
10-13-2004, 12:28 PM
when i was playing halo and i drove the warthog through this door and it shut right on me killing me. anyways my corpse flew through it into the next room where it cued this movie scene only master chief was lying dead on the ground during it. he even started talking like that, and the next thing i new he was standing up crooked glitching back and forth really fast.
it was cool.

haha that happened to my friend once when he was playing.. it was damn funny to watch.

Chilean-addict
10-14-2004, 03:10 PM
In Fable I entered a town, I walkED a little, bought some things, and for no reason the alarm turns on, WTF!!
Maybe it was a conspiration of my enemies :watchout:

BananaMan
10-14-2004, 05:09 PM
it was cool.
hahahaha, that's freaking awesome.

Cryogenic Pyro
10-14-2004, 07:39 PM
In Fable I entered a town, I walkED a little, bought some things, and for no reason the alarm turns on, WTF!!
Maybe it was a conspiration of my enemies :watchout:
What town was it? You were most likely in a town in which weapons aren't allowed to be drawn, and you had one drawn.

Koopa
10-14-2004, 08:52 PM
all characters in FPS's have NO FEET!!!!

james bond can magically reload a rocket launcher in the same time it takes to reload a pistol, by moving up down past his waist and then back up again

Cryogenic Pyro
10-14-2004, 11:36 PM
all characters in FPS's have NO FEET!!!!

james bond can magically reload a rocket launcher in the same time it takes to reload a pistol, by moving up down past his waist and then back up again
They do if you use a command to turn them into a TPS :D.

Koopa
10-14-2004, 11:48 PM
They do if you use a command to turn them into a TPS :D.
damn you and your logic to hell, where the infernal flames of ixpaah may roast them until eternity!

i mean uh oh i guess you're right. but my goldeneye point still stands.

Reclaimer
10-15-2004, 12:29 AM
My list of WTF in games:

In Ghost Recon and Island Thunder it takes the same amount of time to reload your pistol as it would a rifle.

In most games, it takes a substantially longer time to reload a completely empty weapon regardless, when in real life it just depends on the gun that varies the time.

Rainbow Six and Black Arrow ruined the shotgun and made it worthless.
Rainbow Sixes, there isn't enough in the stats to truly make the guns different from each other.
You can't select your rate of fire in Rainbow Six? Come on..
More Rainbow.. AI may be smart to ambush you, but stupid when it comes to you blocking doors and preventing them from getting somewhere.

The damage ratio of the pistol in Halo is way out of whack.
In Halo, what's the point of a sniper rifle if the bullets leave contrails that you can trace back to the shooter?
In Halo, the vehicles have magical unlimited firepower.
In Halo, who ever heard of a tank were the driver is completely exposed to fire? It defeats the purpose of a tank in battle don't you think?
In the Maw during the escape I can't believe that a big space ship would have a curvy corridor that you can drve from one end to another and half the open rooms you enter make no sense in regards to a military ship.. just full of geometric shapes.

nrg_remix
10-15-2004, 01:34 AM
spider man never runs out of his damn web

XezekielX
10-15-2004, 10:37 AM
The only other I can think of, its not in the game but still is the same thing, earlier today I got Brute Force in the mail open it up and theres two manuals one in English the other in some language I can't read.

that other language is french. I'm a french canadian and here there's a law that says that every video game must have a french manual too (yes I know it's stupid). I forgot to remove the french manual before sending the games to you :)

CMX Jedi
10-15-2004, 11:13 AM
In the Maw during the escape I can't believe that a big space ship would have a curvy corridor that you can drve from one end to another and half the open rooms you enter make no sense in regards to a military ship.. just full of geometric shapes.
to add to that, why was there a room full of warthogs when your on the outside of the ship?

how did all the vehicals get on halo? they cant fit in those escape pods.

Max33
10-15-2004, 12:30 PM
The "end" of the first legend of Zelda,Ghost & Goblins & I believe the first Castelvania where they go "this was all a dream now you gotta do it for real"

SoundX
10-15-2004, 01:53 PM
In the Halo 2 E3 2003 show, a piece of purple stuff nearly hit that marine at the start of the vid in the back of the head.

(Watch it, and observe carefuly)

LikShotz
10-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Okay, just so the mods know, if this is in the wrong forum (i was thinking maybe off-topic), feel free to move it...

okay, this is a topic for everyone to share the things in games that make them go WTF!?!?

mine are...

1)In RPG's, being able to go into anyone's house.

2)In fable, it says the amount of days past, yet in like 15 days, you can age 35-45 years...

I thought i had 3, but i forgot the last one.. well, while i try to remember it, you guys can share yours.
Resident evil.. when the doors were locked... why didnt they just let us shoot thru the damn locks...

in rpgs... why da **** u wait for the enemy to hit u back?? lol

aging tremendously in Fable thruout like 4 days..

in some racing games.. why is there no damage? AH WACK. thats why brunout 3 rules everything

wtf was gladiius? lmao.

thats all i can think of.

Cryogenic Pyro
10-15-2004, 08:07 PM
that other language is french. I'm a french canadian and here there's a law that says that every video game must have a french manual too (yes I know it's stupid). I forgot to remove the french manual before sending the games to you :)
I've only had one game in which there was a french manual. That was Final Fantasy IX.

genocidalgopher
10-16-2004, 02:52 AM
I see everyone keeps bashing Fable's aging thing. Well to clear it all up for you, they age quickly in Fable because the game days are long, and whenever you spend experience orbs, you gain age. Have you ever actually seen a 45 year old man who was in construction, and his 43 year old brother who is in business? Look at the difference. The construction worker looks around 10 years older just because of his proffesion. Being a hero takes physical work, making your character appear to age faster! If you read/listen to the interviews with Peter Molyneux, he likes to use real world analogies in his work. As for my WTF list:

Fable:
-The guys that drop the boxes when I run past them and am -100% Scary, +100% Attractive.
-The fu*king Sandgoose that won't shut the fu*k up!!
-No Dragon (that dissapointed me)

Halo:
-A lot of stuff. (I'm just lazy)...

Spider-Man:
-Same thing over and over again.

My sister:
-She's just annoying...

SoundX
10-16-2004, 11:48 AM
General Games: When the subtitles go off the side of the screen so you can't read them.

Shrek 2: What the hell is this? Get out of my system!

Arcade Classics: Same as above. Only more so.

selowitch
10-16-2004, 12:04 PM
In NBA Live 2005, a defensive player cannot jump or even raise his arms while the ball is being inbounded. There's no good reason for that but sloppiness on the programmer's part. If you watch any NBA game, you'll see this behavior all the time when someone is passing in the ball from out of bounds.

Also, in one-one-one mode, you can't disable the requirement to clear the ball after a rebound.

natedog8
10-16-2004, 05:22 PM
In NBA Live 2005, a defensive player cannot jump or even raise his arms while the ball is being inbounded. There's no good reason for that but sloppiness on the programmer's part. If you watch any NBA game, you'll see this behavior all the time when someone is passing in the ball from out of bounds.

Also, in one-one-one mode, you can't disable the requirement to clear the ball after a rebound.

to put your hands up to defend the inbound, press up on the right control stick

selowitch
10-16-2004, 05:24 PM
to put your hands up to defend the inbound, press up on the right control stick
Oh, okay -- so never mind that. Thanks for the tip!

natedog8
10-16-2004, 05:25 PM
no problem, wanna play on live sometime?