PDA

View Full Version : Got PS2 Throw it away, the XBOX has landed.

Jay
01-30-2002, 06:04 PM
PS2, what a system. They think they can laugh at us because they have all the good things out right now.(GTA3) PS2 owners throw your system away because the XBOX is better, sorry! PS2 sucks! Its not as good as you think. XBOX has so many better Characteristics than the PS2. PS2 will end up like the Dreamcast. Beware PS2 owners, we hope sony gets with the program. PS2, why try to add a hardrive to it, oh copying the XBOX, already trying to make the system better. Hmmmmm:eek:

monkeyman
01-30-2002, 06:07 PM
yes we know its already been posted but its ok your a n00b:D

XBA Staff
01-30-2002, 06:11 PM
Have fun with your PS2......I mean Xbox.

xboxpebbles
01-30-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Jay
PS2, what a system. They think they can laugh at us because they have all the good things out right now.(GTA3) PS2 owners throw your system away because the XBOX is better, sorry! PS2 sucks! Its not as good as you think. XBOX has so many better Characteristics than the PS2. PS2 will end up like the Dreamcast. Beware PS2 owners, we hope sony gets with the program. PS2, why try to add a hardrive to it, oh copying the XBOX, already trying to make the system better. Hmmmmm

GOOD FACT!!:D

monkeyman
01-30-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Tyrell-XBA

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:) :p :D

XBA Staff
01-30-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Jay
PS2, what a system. They think they can laugh at us because they have all the good things out right now.(GTA3) PS2 owners throw your system away because the XBOX is better, sorry! PS2 sucks! Its not as good as you think. XBOX has so many better Characteristics than the PS2. PS2 will end up like the Dreamcast. Beware PS2 owners, we hope sony gets with the program. PS2, why try to add a hardrive to it, oh copying the XBOX, already trying to make the system better. Hmmmmm:eek:

Did you really throw your PS2 away?

monkeyman
01-30-2002, 06:24 PM
if you did throw it away get it out i want it i mean ps2 is a good system even though xbox is better

Jay
01-30-2002, 09:49 PM
I didn't really throw my PS2 away I didn't really throw my PS2 away I didn't really throw my PS2 away!

redrum237
01-31-2002, 01:48 PM

i dont get it:confused:

BiohazardEHW
01-31-2002, 02:34 PM
why waste money on a second-rate...correction, third rate system anyway? :)

Supperdog
01-31-2002, 03:45 PM
dude sell yur pos2 and buy 5 xbox games :)

Nato King
02-01-2002, 08:38 AM
why would you get second best if you can get the best and that is xbox. The xbox is and all ways be the best.

Dan Hibiki
02-01-2002, 11:31 AM
The Playstation 2 planned to put in a Hard Drive before the X-box idea was put up on the table.

redrum237
02-01-2002, 03:57 PM
The Playstation 2 planned to put in a Hard Drive before the X-box idea was put up on the table.

ha ha 2 slow:)

Frostberg
02-01-2002, 08:28 PM
yeah the PS2 had enough time to correct its errors and things its missing...and why is the thing still $300? Just because it can be? It was a good deal a year ago not anymore when theres a better thing to do with $300...

JohnB
02-01-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Jay

http://home.satx.rr.com/gazeme/newbie.jpg

Supperdog
02-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Hmm is that you in the picture?

Get back in the closet, punk

gula
02-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Dan Hibiki

I believe that is false, because I remember hearing about the XBox Harddrive and then reading about the Linux set about a couple months later.

And on another topic: If the PS2 is just going to end up like the DreamCast, why is it still selling more then the XBox and GameCube? Well?

JohnB
02-02-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Supperdog
Hmm is that you in the picture?

Get back in the closet, punk

buahahah lol.... fool that's not me. I'm not even white. And I don't have braces....stupid. Don't be so ****y.

Frostberg
02-02-2002, 11:01 AM
well im releived...please dont use that pic again, its very disturbing

JohnB
02-02-2002, 01:40 PM
disturbing how? omg, you guys are so pathetic. no humor at all. very sad... this thread is stupid anyway. you must look like that kid in the pic i posted... i guess that's why you are disturbed.

Kid Ryan
02-02-2002, 02:09 PM
Well said -gula. The bottom line is that the PS2 is outselling the GC and X-Box. Despite which system you think is better doesn't really matter. It's what sells that matters. The PS2 hasn't dropped in price because it doesn't need to. It's still selling so why drop the price? Not to mention the fact that the X-Box is probably in for a rude awakening in Japan.

gula
02-02-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Kid Ryan
Well said -gula. The bottom line is that the PS2 is outselling the GC and X-Box. Despite which system you think is better doesn't really matter. It's what sells that matters. The PS2 hasn't dropped in price because it doesn't need to. It's still selling so why drop the price? Not to mention the fact that the X-Box is probably in for a rude awakening in Japan.

Wait, what the hell did you do newbie, call Miss Cleo. Many people in Japan like the XBox, and not to mention in Europe and Australia.

We shall see newb, we shall see.....
Japan: 2/22
Australia: 3/14
Europe: 3/14

Japan: Special Edition XBox

And PS2 didn't really get any good games til a year later. We shall see what the XBox is made of a year from now...kid.

Kid Ryan
02-02-2002, 02:42 PM
OK, sorry for defending your opinion. Anyway, the X-Box is very much in for a rude awakening in Japan and you can take that to the bank. If the GC launch failed, then I expect nothing less for the X-Box.

And what the hell does being a newbie have to do with anything? Does post count somehow reflect intelligence or anything along those lines? Considering you only have a little over a hundred posts, you have no room to talk since there are plenty more people who have higher post counts then you. So please, can the newbie phrases that mean absolutely nothing.

JohnB
02-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Kid Ryan
OK, sorry for defending your opinion. Anyway, the X-Box is very much in for a rude awakening in Japan and you can take that to the bank. If the GC launch failed, then I expect nothing less for the X-Box.

And what the hell does being a newbie have to do with anything? Does post count somehow reflect intelligence or anything along those lines? Considering you only have a little over a hundred posts, you have no room to talk since there are plenty more people who have higher post counts then you. So please, can the newbie phrases that mean absolutely nothing.

Well you really do sound like a newbie... saying that the Xbox will fail in Japan without providing reason. On the other hand, the Xbox has many reasons to succeed in Japan. And another thing, don't compare the Xbox to the Gamecube. Just because Gamecube failed doesn't mean the Xbox will. You are talking about 2 totally different game consoles.... newbie.

Frostberg
02-02-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by JohnB
disturbing how? omg, you guys are so pathetic. no humor at all. very sad... this thread is stupid anyway. you must look like that kid in the pic i posted... i guess that's why you are disturbed.
HUH? I was relieved that wasnt you...and thats what i WAS talking about...now the new disturbing part is WTF you thought I was talking about

JohnB
02-02-2002, 10:55 PM
the msg board seems pretty slow right now..
anyway, u sounded offended by the pic by saying not to post it again... i was just trying to be funny.

thunderkiss2k1
02-02-2002, 11:00 PM
Let's check the stats: XBOX=better graphics, better sound, and better processing speed. Oh yeah, it also has better dvd playback quality. Ps2=so-so graphics (compared to XBOX), poor processing speed, so-so sound. Oh yeah, its dvd playback quality sucks.

Kid Ryan
02-03-2002, 11:11 AM
What's your point Thunderkiss? The N64 and the Dreamcast had better graphics then the PSX but looked what happened there.

Again, you try to use the "newbie" bit as an insult but once again it fails. Do you honestly think it matters the someone is a newbie, considering that everyone was a newbie at one time or another?

The X-Box will flop in Japan, I guarantee it. If you bothered to do any research what so ever, then you would know reasons why. Check Game Fan magazine and their predicitons for the 3 consoles. According to them, the people in Japan are upset the most about the way the X-Box is being produced believe it or not. The fact that Bill Gates is a greedy POS doesn't sit well with the people of Japan. Gates actually has the X-Box being manufactured in Mexico instead of the US so he can save money because the people will work for less down there. Give me a break. And let's say the X-Box doesn't flop. The PS2 will still waste it, as it is doing now. Game Informer I believe had poll results from Japan and those showed that the majority, 70% I believe, said that they think the PS2 is the best system. Second place came to the GC, which has roughly 17% and in third was the X-Box with roughly 13%.

Supperdog
02-03-2002, 12:45 PM
OMG! GAMFAN SAID XBOX WOULD FAIL! OMFG IM SCARED! Because EVERYTHING gamfan says is TRUE TRUE TRUE! :eek: :confused:

Afro Aura
02-03-2002, 03:54 PM
Don't cuss the Dreamcast it was far greater machine over the PS2 it had some of the best games DOA2 was better on the machine and Soul Calibur was the best beat'em up at the time OK DoA3 wins on the graphics but on Soul Calibur the gameplay is still there we're getting Crazi Taxi, Virtua Tennis and more from the Dreamcast so hold on with the cuss. I do miss playing PSO on the Dreamcast but at least it's coming over to the XBOX

So did you get rid of that disease, just make sure you pressed hard on the toilet handle as it goes down the toilet hehehe

thunderkiss2k1
02-03-2002, 05:04 PM
Did you actually read my post? I don't think you did. I never said a word about you being a newbie. As far as how well XBOX is doing in Japan, if you took the time to read RECENT headlines, you would know that the Japanese are warming up to the XBOX. Face it, the ps2 is gonna have stiff competition from the XBOX. the Gamecube (what a name lol) will not even be a factor. Sure , Nintendo fanboys will buy it, but no one else will.

Dan Hibiki
02-04-2002, 06:36 AM
Alright, Yep, That's all we need in a game, graphics! Who cares if there's practically no story line to it whatsoever, we got our graphics because um.. she kicks high... yes... that's a valid reason! ALL HAIL COMRADE GATES! HIGH COMMANDER OF THE SOVIET UN... ERR, MICROSOFT!

thunderkiss2k1
02-04-2002, 04:10 PM
Excuse me , but I think Halo and Max Payne have a very good story line. Much more of a story line than say, Jak and Daxter? And you are just using the same "Microsoft is the devil incarnate" defense all the Sony fanboys use. Get real.

XxeGoxX
02-04-2002, 09:06 PM
ohh i was about to say NO give me your ps2 so i can sell it for xbox games :)

Dan Hibiki
02-05-2002, 07:55 AM
Max Payne doesn't count because it was released onto the Computer before hand, now, if you want good story line, look at Metal Gear Solid 2, that has an amazing story line.

And when I say, ALL HAIL COMRADE GATES, it doesn't mean that Microsoft is the Devil! did you not see the 'hail' command? If I were bashing them, wouldn't I say something like 'rebel'?

Let us read or go back to that class... where... language taught us english is near!

I never personally played Jak and Daxter, don't plan on it either, not my style.

Frostberg
02-05-2002, 04:55 PM
MGS2 wasnt as good as it was suppost to be...ok story with interesting twists, but wayyy to short..there are more games worth the price with more replay value

Kid Ryan
02-05-2002, 09:32 PM
My mistake Thunderkiss.

Say it as many times as you want but the PS2 will be number one. Sony has too much fan support and gaming company support to lose, not to mention the fact that the PS2 destroyed the X-Box as far as launch day is concerned. The X-Box is an over-hyped system. So far, Halo is the only game to impress and Raw will probably be too when it comes out. That doesn't change anything though. The PS2 is the best system out now, of the 3, because of the fact that they have the best games for their system.

thunderkiss2k1
02-06-2002, 12:09 AM
Umm, Kid Ryan, maybe you should ask the lead guy with Tecmo's Team Ninja which system is the best system. He MIGHT disagree with you. He seems to think the XBOX is "3 to 5 times more powerful than the Ps2". He went on to say that the ps2 is already a "past generation" machine. As far as Halo being the only game worth mentioning, I think Genma Onimusha and Munch's Oddysey are a couple more good games. Face it , the new kid on the block is catching up and will soon pass his competition.