PDA

View Full Version : Is Battlefront worth buying?

Regosnot
10-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I heard alot of positive and negative things about Star Wars Battlefront. I am not sure about buing it. So whats your opinion of it?

LiquidX
10-12-2004, 08:42 PM
No. I have the PC version. If your not big on online its boring. And from what ive heard the online part gets boring after a short time too.

Variation-XBA
10-12-2004, 09:18 PM
If you have LIVE and like multiplayer games that don't really require much thinking, yes.

LTM360
10-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Wait for a $20 price tag. Then get it, it gets boring after a week, or at most a month. Besides, Halo 2 - 27 Days, Don't waste your money. :)

Ninjermy
10-12-2004, 10:18 PM
IMO, no rent it at most. i rented it and played it only 6 hours before i got bored.

The Jackal
10-12-2004, 11:49 PM
i rented it and 3 days of playin was enough for me... looks nice but not a buyer i dont think... its mindless shooting with no fear of dying... it gets old fast

StudioAlex
10-13-2004, 09:04 AM
It's a great game. I don't understand the fear of dying comment. Since when does anyone have a fear of dying when playing a video game? If he means he didn't care his character died a lot, then maybe he needs to get better at the game. Your stats post at the end of every round. You wouldn't everyone to think you're dragging the team down, would you?

thatdude222
10-13-2004, 02:40 PM
i dsiagree. i bought it and love it, but if u got a pc play counter-strike instead. imo thats the bess online fps hands down. MAYBE call of duty.

MajorTom
10-13-2004, 06:35 PM
If you like multiplayer games than get it for sure. I'm pretty sure everyone who's saying it's boring is only playing the single player. The single player gets bpring after you beat it once but it's the multiplayer that makes the game good. If you like star was and you like playing shooters online than you should love it.

pvsurfer03
10-13-2004, 10:04 PM
I played it a lot for the first week then it got boring because noone strategizes on live to try and win. Rent it.

Regosnot
10-13-2004, 10:24 PM
I see that it is a good rental game but not a good one to buy. Thanks everyone.

The Jackal
10-13-2004, 11:00 PM
It's a great game. I don't understand the fear of dying comment. Since when does anyone have a fear of dying when playing a video game? If he means he didn't care his character died a lot, then maybe he needs to get better at the game. Your stats post at the end of every round. You wouldn't everyone to think you're dragging the team down, would you?

i meant it because it doesnt matter if you die... you have no permanent stats so it really means nothing to die since people mostly only look at their stats at the end of the game then quickly jump into the next one and you dont have an amount of lives before its game over in a round... so its just mindless running around and shooting things to me

Reclaimer
10-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Short story: Rent it.

If you like Battlefield 1942 but want the same online game with a Star Wars feel, SWBF is that game.

The single player campaigns are not much to do, you can blaze through the conquest in a few hours. But you can take a friend along in split screen.

Spaztic
10-14-2004, 08:41 AM
I rented it last night. Started to play at 9 didn't stop till 1. Pretty cool. It has its problems, will hold me over till halo.

hey_dude
11-03-2004, 05:01 PM
I see that it is a good rental game but not a good one to buy. Thanks everyone.
then why did you buy it?

Regosnot
11-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey I was getting it free from insurance.

CMX Jedi
11-03-2004, 05:47 PM
its just like battlefield vietnam but not as good IMO.

E Nomini Patri
11-03-2004, 09:15 PM
It was worth my $50. Still is.

mattgame
11-04-2004, 12:43 PM
I would say right now no. It's not worth it because Halo2 is coming out.

AlBoogy
11-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Its a fun game as long as you can find a lag free game. Which is very difficult to find.

StudioAlex
11-04-2004, 03:56 PM
It does suck when your teammates are idiots. I was holding down echo base against about four other players, setting up mine traps and what not. I kept asking for help, but all I got was "We're in the awings, we can't do anything."

Well, I'm good, but no one could hold that base against so many other players for more than ten minutes. We ended up losing by with a 8 to 3 count with them holding all of the bases. I scored higher than anyone on the match by a wide margin. Needless to say, I left that game.

But if you're playing with decent mates, it's fun as hell.

Regosnot
11-04-2004, 07:17 PM
I played it I few times on live and it is pretty good but it is too easy. I haven't beat the galactic conquest and I am getting top kills on my team. It is really fun if you're playing with good people.

upload22
11-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Why but it when you can save it to your box and save 45$?

Cryogenic Pyro
11-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Probably because most people like to play their games legally.

hey_dude
11-05-2004, 07:12 PM
legally is always good...cept when it;s free

just like bad grammar is free

Reclaimer
11-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Why but it when you can save it to your box and save 45$?

Because talk of piracy, modding, downloading games, uploading games.. anything of that nature is absolutely and positively forbidden here in the forums of Xboxaddict.com. Violators after this warning will have their accounts suspended and or banned.

We take great pride in our website. We take great pride with our community here. We will not have the fruits of our labor spoiled by discussion of piracy.

hey_dude
11-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Because talk of piracy, modding, downloading games, uploading games.. anything of that nature is absolutely and positively forbidden here in the forums of Xboxaddict.com. Violators after this warning will have their accounts suspended and or banned.

We take great pride in our website. We take great pride with our community here. We will not have the fruits of our labor spoiled by discussion of piracy.

Piracy is really really bad and i like fruit:)

OC Noob
11-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Don't even consider it as a SP game. Like someone said, its BF with Starwars only not as good. Its suposed to be a team based MP war game, but it sounds like no one playing is organized enough to get the team part of it. Thats what really sinks or swims these titles (team play).