PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Under Fire: Help!

BEATNGU
10-15-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm using Gerald as my Officer...

I have currently completed 6 missions so I figure I must be on my 7th now, duh, but I can't feak'n beat it! It's not that it's hard or nothing like that.. I'm just having problems figuring out what approach to take.

The level I'm on Is where you have to cross this big river with like 7 or 8 archery troops on the other side and a whole lot of troops on your side. I can take care off all the troops on my side.. but I can never take care of any of the troops accross the river. I've gotten accross the river once (but died very soon), all i've got to choose from is lvl. 9 (?) Calvalry (which can cross the river very fast!), Archers lvl. 14 and Sappers lvl. 14.. besides my army with my Officer (Gerald).

Once when I approached the river Gerald said something about using fire.. I used my fire arrows and could take out one of the archer's troops but all the others where out of range. I actually crossed the river once with my cavalry (which can cross quite fast) but didn't get very far.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-BEATNGU

Oh yeah, one more thing.. The Sappers have a set fire spell.. could I use that any??? Those are the only two fire spells I have besides meteor & I think I have to get pretty close for that.

Sheeyt
10-15-2004, 12:31 PM
No idea sorry, only played the demo.

Brevity
10-15-2004, 11:07 PM
How do you like the game dude?

ChessPieceFace
10-16-2004, 11:57 AM
lol im stuck on the same part

ChessPieceFace
10-16-2004, 11:59 AM
well i just started over and remade may guys , i upgrade my archers to longbowmen to see if i can shoot across the river... ill let you know how it goes

BEATNGU
10-16-2004, 01:19 PM
That's cool... yeah, you'll have to tell me how that worked out! Have you played the main game with the other Officer you get to choose from at the start of the game, which is a female? I just did for the first time yesterday.. kick @$$!!!

For those of you who haven't heard anything or too much about this game.. It really, really, really kicks some serious @$$. One of my all time fav's already! The only thing that sucks though (real bummer!!!) is that there's no multiplayer anymore even though on the back of the case it says multiplayer. Nope, just single player, and Xbox Live. Which I guess is ok, exspecially since the Xbox Live is to addicting (best xbox live game so far), and you upgrade your Officer with your Exp. Pts. you get from winning Xbox Live battles. Also, even if you don't win (Xbox Live).. you still get Exp. Pts... just not as much.

All in all.. this game kicks some serious @$$, the Xbox Live Owns!!, but there's regretably no Multiplayer =(...

-BEATNGU

yall
10-16-2004, 03:08 PM
That's cool... yeah, you'll have to tell me how that worked out! Have you played the main game with the other Officer you get to choose from at the start of the game, which is a female? I just did for the first time yesterday.. kick @$$!!!

For those of you who haven't heard anything or too much about this game.. It really, really, really kicks some serious @$$. One of my all time fav's already! The only thing that sucks though (real bummer!!!) is that there's no multiplayer anymore even though on the back of the case it says multiplayer. Nope, just single player, and Xbox Live. Which I guess is ok, exspecially since the Xbox Live is to addicting (best xbox live game so far), and you upgrade your Officer with your Exp. Pts. you get from winning Xbox Live battles. Also, even if you don't win (Xbox Live).. you still get Exp. Pts... just not as much.

All in all.. this game kicks some serious @$$, the Xbox Live Owns!!, but there's regretably no Multiplayer =(...

-BEATNGU

Hey BAETNGU,

I'm gonna rent this game at Blockbuster, and as usual, I suspect it will come without instructions. If you have a second, could you give me a brief description of things I'll need to know such as controls, combos, etc?

Thanks!

ChessPieceFace
10-16-2004, 06:30 PM
yall the game give you step by step instuctions on how to play the game its nice i havent had to use the instruction booklet

JJaX
10-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah this game is awesome!
I think I might be on that level now...I'm using Gerald and I just did the mission where you ambush the convoy.

Once when I approached the river Gerald said something about using fire.. I used my fire arrows and could take out one of the archer's troops but all the others where out of range. I actually crossed the river once with my cavalry (which can cross quite fast) but didn't get very far.

When you use the fire arrows, do you select your targets with the map? I found that very useful....

Also, is the sun a factor on this map? Attack with your calvary with the sun in the enemy archers eyes.

Dunno, Havent played the level yet. I think I'm going to go play now!

BEATNGU
10-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I haven't played this level again yet.. I've put in a good amount of time into the Live Play. It's really addicting.. the most addicting Live game I've played thus far!

My Calvalry does seem to have an advantage over the Archers, I think also that the sun factor has a great deal to do with this level.. as well as the archers & thier flame arrows, but I might have to restart the game to upgrade my archers to long bowmen. Unless, anyone has beaten this level without them, and if so.. let me know how you did it.

I'll probably try this level again later tonight after I'm done playing a lot of xbox live!

JJaX
10-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Ok, I just got to the level.

This is what I did.

I cleared out the eastern side of the map. Than I took my archers to a small penninsula on the northern part of the map. I made them use fire arrows on the other side of the river. Make them attack the land near the enemy archers, if you target the enemy archers, your men will be treading water and cant fire. That will make them flee south and give you enough room to move your other units across.
Hope this helps! :cheers:

ChessPieceFace
10-17-2004, 04:46 PM
thats what i did last night yea it works well, man at first i was frustrated

Shadow20002
10-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Hmm..will get it.

rpgreligion
10-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Damn, I picked a bad time to have a late charge at Blockbuster.

George89
10-18-2004, 06:38 PM
I want this game, but I don't have xbox live....so is there a lot of things to do offline with this game?

JJaX
10-18-2004, 10:46 PM
I want this game, but I don't have xbox live....so is there a lot of things to do offline with this game?

Well theres 4 campaigns, and it took me about 6-7 hours to complete one.

So do the math...

BEATNGU
10-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Ok guys, now I'm having problems beating a mission with Lurcretia, and need some help from those of you who have completed her quests.

I'm currently on the 7th mission with Lucretia.. the one where you're either near Haronidon, on top of, or it's your next step after you beat the 7th mission. The enemy (Gerald's Troops) outnumber you quite a bit and you've only got Lucretia & the Sappers. You're suppose to do sort of a Lure, Attack, Set Fire, Retreat sort of strategy here.. but I'm having problems once I've lurred most of the enemy back towards my two armies one by one killing all but what remained in the bottom red square (where you have to go first). This is where I have trouble. The enemy always grabs my Scout (so I can't lure them), my Sappers seem to be too slow & have to get too close to set the fires, and if one of the armies sees any of my troops all like 17 different high level troops of thiers smashes you. But.. I did manage to have some message come up saying, "The armies seem to be too much for us, retreat to the water gate and drown them, but by the time I get this message all my troops have been slaughtered. Can I just run directly to the water gate at the beginning of the level, or what?

-BEATNGU

BEATNGU
10-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Never Mind.. I just beat this level no longer than 30 sec.'s ago. Thanks Anywayz...

-BEATNGU