PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Help!!

nrg_remix
10-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Does the XBOX console affect the picture/color of regular tv viewing on a bigscreen? Right now I'm playing on a bigscreen [not projection] with the standard av cables. Not the advanced av, or hi-def cables. If i continue to play on my bigscreen will my tv quality/picture screw up?

nrg_remix
10-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Oh and i dont want/plan to be watching DVD's on my XBOX.

severd hed
10-15-2004, 10:30 PM
well, if this is not a projection TV, then i am assuming you are talking either CRT or plasma. both of which are prone to burn in. if you were to play for long periods of time, static images can burn into the screen, regardless of the size of the screen. since you said it is a big screen, and since CRTs only seem to go up to 36", im guessing it is plasma.(since LCD TVs are still relativly small) plasma screens are probably the worst for burn in...so be very careful. the type of cables you use wont make a difference either.

nrg_remix
10-15-2004, 10:36 PM
thanks!

Reclaimer
10-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Don't know what kind of TV you are talking about, but there is also a warning in each game that basically states you shouldn't use a console with a rear projection TV because rear projections are extremely prone to burn in.

Anyway, don't leave your Xbox running for long periods of time. Give your TV a break periodically.