PDA

View Full Version : Give "Brothers in Arms" some love guys...

Dyslexic Chaos
10-18-2004, 02:46 AM
Seriously, there are far too many Halo 2 threads, and not near enough (I actually can't find any) threads about Brothers in Arms. I just thought of this game because i was reading another thread about CoD:FH. Seriously, BIA will probably own CoD, and IMHO, with only Mech Aassault 2:LW also in this catergory, are the only 2 games coming soon (HL2 also, but it's not Xbox for a while) that stand a chance of topping Halo 2, or at least coming close. The best way to describe Brothers in Arms is a very CoD like game, with an awesome-looking Full Spectrum Warrior twist. You directly control the leader at all time, and can order your team around with location-specific commands. The interface looks much simpler than FSW, if anything because your soldiers actually have MINDS OF THEIR OWN in this game. They will run for cover when shot at (i know this was in FSW), create covering fire automatically, supress when your team is approching the flank etc. etc.. and if someone dies, you don't have to carry them for the rest of the mission. I have a link to a stream from Gamespot, but if you have the 1st EGM DVD, you can watch it in Near-DVD quality.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/brothersinarms/media.html

go to Demonstration.

SPARTAN VI
10-18-2004, 02:59 AM
I agree with teh Jarred. Brothers in Arms looks amazing, and everytime I watch BiA footage I forget about Halo 2.... for a while. :D

SoundX
10-18-2004, 10:57 AM
I was planning on picking this up for Christmas, but then it got pushed back to March. And I don't want to get hyped about it because the waiting kills me. Halo 2 is gonna reduce me to tears if I'm not holding a Silver Cased Box in my hands soon.

Unreal
10-18-2004, 06:24 PM
The game is impressive. I am glad its not coming out till after christmas. That way I can get some of the other great games getting released.

SPARTAN VI
10-22-2004, 02:20 PM
C'mon guys, more love, more love. Brothers in Arms XBA profile (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/product.php?Product_ID=849) Post some hype comments. This diserves to be up there.

Cruise438
10-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Great album... definetly Dire Straits best. ;)

LikShotz
10-22-2004, 10:20 PM
yes this game will own all the war games out. ive read thats its only 4 players on live. 2 on each team. and each person controls 4 A.I. soldiers... sounds interesting dont it? i think it might work as a plus cuz then the Stretegizing will be more effective. you dont have to deal with knuckle heads.

l Maximus l
10-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Looks good, however, this game wouldn't be in my XBox very long since Halo 2 is right around the corner.

Duke
10-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Looks good, however, this game wouldn't be in my XBox very long since Halo 2 is right around the corner.

Doesn't come out till 2/25

LikShotz
10-22-2004, 10:38 PM
^^^^

Halo 2 will still be in my xbox whe nthat date drops.....

SPARTAN VI
10-22-2004, 10:42 PM
yes this game will own all the war games out. ive read thats its only 4 players on live. 2 on each team. and each person controls 4 A.I. soldiers... sounds interesting dont it? i think it might work as a plus cuz then the Stretegizing will be more effective. you dont have to deal with knuckle heads.

Wow, that actually sounds extremely fun. It'd be cool if there are other modes that support at least 16 players.

LikShotz
10-22-2004, 10:45 PM
^^^

Yeah there hopefully is u feel me? would be cool to do both. the graphics are amazing and it looks awesome when u get shot. its a very intensive game. im getting it for sure... only game that let me down tremendously was.... soldier of fortune 2... :(

{FLaX}I.C.A.
10-23-2004, 11:43 AM
My head is about to explode because of all the new GREAT games coming out.