PDA

View Full Version : Question with playing XBox on PC monitor

Holt88
10-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Ok. I know you can play your XBox PC monitor. What I do want to know is, are there any programs for which I can make a video of clips from a game I play? Cause I know people who play PC games such as Madden can save plays and make it into one video file with music and stuff, not sure I'f I'm explaining this right, but I tried my best.

Cryogenic Pyro
10-18-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a hardware device that you can buy to get screen shots and stuff, but just hooking up your Xbox to your PC monitor isn't going to give you any more functionality. Your programs aren't stored on your monitor. Nothing is.

EDIT: I stole this from a post that Casper made in another topic.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1426&Langue_ID=7

Capture movies using your computer’s USB-2 port
Capture DVD-quality video from any camcorder, TV or VCR with Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150 (DVC 150). The DVC 150 has a high-speed USB 2.0 interface to the computer, which gives you better video quality than you’d get with comparable USB 1.0 products. The external breakout box has S-Video, composite, and stereo RCA audio I/O, and the package includes a copy of Pinnacle’s Studio QuickStart editing software. This comprehensive solution lets you capture your movies, edit them, add titles, music, narration, and effects and output your final project to videotape, CD, VCD, SVCD, and DVD.

Holt88
10-18-2004, 10:33 PM
I wasn't looking for anything complicated or expensive. There has to be another way cause I can hook up my cam corder to the TV and transfer it to the cam corder possibly and then I can connect my cam corder to my cpu using a USB port, but I need a program.....cause I think that would work. But what you posted looks like, but I'm not spending that much just to make clips of video games.

Chaotic
10-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Sure you can do it using an ATI All in Wonder video card...

SPARTAN VI
10-20-2004, 03:28 AM
Sure you can do it using an ATI All in Wonder video card...

:rofl:

How many times have you said that?

Chaotic
10-20-2004, 07:38 AM
:rofl:

How many times have you said that?

no kidding, i think 3 times yesterday :p

Kortiz
10-20-2004, 07:39 AM
thought about putting a tape into the VCR?

then isn't there some sort of device you can transfer analog to digital chit or something? and convert it to some sort of media type that you want?

if so? get that one

bwahha

i'm no help

SPARTAN VI
10-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Kortiz is right, if your Xbox is connected through a VCR, just pop in a tape, and hit record. We (TheCovenant, BlueRanger, and I) did this for an English project last year. We recorded segments from Unreal Championship and Halo, then uploaded the tape via firewire to premiere or imovie.