PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Bloodrayne 2?

WynnFire
10-18-2004, 11:52 PM
Holy crap, this game is bloody. I just sucked on some woman's neck and blood started squirting out, then I chopped off some guys arm. Wow, I feel like I'm watching Kill Bill again. Blood is all over the floor, oh it's great. Anyone else play it? If so, do you like it? And, do you like it better than the original? I'll take screenshots of all the blood if anyone wants me to.

Koopa
10-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Anyone play Bloodrayne 2?
no....and i don't want their overhyped, overmarketed, crap. its a set of boobs with vampire teeth and guns that makes blood go everywhere, and thats EXACTLY the type of crap that perpetuates the stereotypes about the gaming market that we should be trying to avoid. if the world was fair, prince of persia would be a best-seller and crap like this would find its way to the bargain bin.

but thats just my opinion :cheers:

if you enjoy it then what can i say, go for it.

Yellowlab
10-19-2004, 12:46 AM
no....and i don't want their overhyped, overmarketed, crap. its a set of boobs with vampire teeth and guns that makes blood go everywhere, and thats EXACTLY the type of crap that perpetuates the stereotypes about the gaming market that we should be trying to avoid. if the world was fair, prince of persia would be a best-seller and crap like this would find its way to the bargain bin.

You could pretty much degrade any game into retarded stereotypes if you try hard enough. Heck, you could even say that Prince of Persia relies too heavily on ethinic stereotypes (frequently found in video games). On top of that, did you ever notice the Prince looks much more westernized than the much more easternized bad guys? I'd say that's a more glaring flaw than having a character with big hooters.

Anyhow, BR2 was a fun game (I posted a review yesterday in the reviews section of the site). It had some pretty cool environments (except for the damn sewer level, which finds it's way into every game lately). The sheer number of ways to dispatch of the bad guys made it enjoyable (much like Psi Ops). Anyhow, it's definitely not for everyone, but just wanted to point out that those in glass houses....

WynnFire
10-19-2004, 02:11 AM
If it makes you feel anybetter, I will be buying PoP: Warrior Within when it comes out. I have the demo on my pc and not only does it look absolutely incredible but, it's fun too. Not sure whether to get it on Xbox or Pc though.

Czm21x
10-19-2004, 05:03 AM
I read the gamespot review of Bloodrayne2, and they wrote that there are tons of glitches in this game.
I was going to buy it until I read their review.

There is a topless image of her in the october issue of playboy.

Spaztic
10-19-2004, 03:08 PM
I was considering giving this game a rent since I am sick of starwars......I think I will try Kingdom under fire instead. Wasn't really interested in the first either.

severd hed
10-20-2004, 08:08 AM
i bought it, and i love it. It isnt prince of persia, and it isnt trying to be. It is a fun 3rd person game which just happens to be very bloody. I find it very enjoyable how you feed on your enemies to gain health, instead of wandering around like most games desperatly searching for a health pack. here you every enemy you face has the potential to be a health pack, or ammo pack. so it is up to you do decide what you want/need more, or if you just want to kill them.

it has it's faults..but so do most games. i think they improved over the original alot (and i really enjoyed the original)

Sheeyt
10-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Good game, Fun not to hard not to easy, not to short and not to long.. I enjoyed it. Beat it and now I'm playing through with cheats. Some costumes you can unlock are cool.

OC Noob
10-20-2004, 12:17 PM
The first with the big boob cheat was cool. It wasn't the greatest game, but for $12 I enjoyed it. I'll get the second once its $20.

GuiltySpark
10-20-2004, 01:08 PM

I mostly agree. It's too bad that POP:WW is giving in to the stereotypical standard. But we'll see...