PDA

View Full Version : (post halo 2) the twilight of the xbox???

CharlieHustle
10-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Is this the pinnicle of the xbox?? Meaning that, after seeing halo 2 in motion, is this the best that the xbox can do?? Kinda like shenmue was to the DC.. Will there be a game that can outdo H2? Also the xbox 2, next ,or whateva is around the corner, so after halo 2 drops, will there be a game that wows us after this graphically and gameplay wise.. And i dont mean just naming games that are coming out soon, i am asking you guys to reply as far as performance wise..

CarGuy
10-20-2004, 09:53 AM
It's all a matter of opinion.

Sheeyt
10-20-2004, 10:12 AM
This will probably be the last big hurray for Xbox. Until Xbox 2.

Casper
10-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Exactly CarGuy, cuz I will be loving SC3 and Ghost Recon 2, next season's sports games, Doom3, Call of Duty - it all depends on what you're flavor is, and of course they won't just give up, because they'll going to start working on XboxNext's publishers, so advertisement for them would be making more key titles for the Xbox as it is now.

The hype for Xbox has calmed down somewhat, but with the new console, it's going to change it again like a tsunami - or at least, I hope it does.

maneatingcow
10-20-2004, 10:41 AM
For the casual XBox fan, the number of big-name titles is slowly becoming slimmer. There are enough games in the coming year that will keep gamers satisfied, but the XBox 2 has logically taken a few titles from the XBox that would have arrived within the next year or two. Titles that you and I have never heard of, and probably won't until about another year.

SoundX
10-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Halo 2 is one of those games you just know people will still be comparing new titles to for years to come.

In terms of big Xbox games, I wouldn't say this is the tip of the iceburg. Just the finest you'll get your hands on. There are still plenty more from where that came.

BananaMan
10-20-2004, 02:51 PM
casper, i agree.:cheers:

wbio
10-20-2004, 03:40 PM
wait, how long has MEC been back?

and as for the topic, it will probably the best game to come out for Xbox past, present, and future, but there will still be tons of great ones

MajorTom
10-20-2004, 06:37 PM
I think it will be the best for the current Xbox, but I'm sure Bungie will make something greater for the next generation xbox, whether it be Halo 3 or something else.

ShaDovV RyDer
10-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Graphics wise I'm expecting Halo2 to beat every other game to date and still to come on the xbox because of the fact that Bungie knows how to make pretty games and with so many years of work Halo2 will be the sexiest one yet...as far as gameplay goes its all a matter of taste...this will be my favorite game for a while but I'm not going to pass up others just because they aren't Halo2...I mean I want Call of Duty, GR2, SC3, and so much more...Some of my friends are getting Halo2 and nothing else this year but that's just them...It's all in the taste.....

Unreal
10-20-2004, 08:48 PM
It's all a matter of opinion.
True. I think Conker Live & Reloaded will be another game after Halo that will have gamers going :yikes:

Variation-XBA
10-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Aye, Conker will/should be the next big release that matters

Casper
10-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Aye, Conker will/should be the next big release that matters
I played it last year at E3 - 2003 - it had to be an old build, but dam, it should have been out by now. It was a, what I thought, near finish build out on the floor. It felt like the style of games that Shrek, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot felt - that 'swingy third-person' feel - I wasn't impressed, but I'd guarantee they had to re-do the whole dam game if it's still not out.

l Maximus l
10-21-2004, 12:02 AM
No other XBox game touched Halo up to this point...the only game that can top it is Halo 2...so, yes, this is definately the tippy top of the iceburg for XBox.

Don't get me wrong, there are other cool games that will follow, but, they won't touch Halo 2, IMO. But, then again, I'm a die hard.

CharlieHustle
10-21-2004, 07:02 AM
and your sig proves that

Peepers
10-21-2004, 10:29 PM
I many ways, Halo 2 will represent the pinnacle of the Xbox experience. However, I don't think that means we're down hill from there. Even if no other FPS ever matches Halo 2's greatness on the Xbox, there are still other genres where the best is very likely still to come.

Spaztic
10-22-2004, 08:43 AM
I don't think Halo2 will have the best graphics on the xbox. Halo2 is more about the gameplay!

severd hed
10-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Halo 2 will probably be remembered as the best xbox game made...but there are still wonderful things to look forward to. Currenty, Halo is the best xbox game..but that doesnt mean there arent other amazing games. look at burnout 3. As for best graphics..im still thinking Doom 3 will look better than Halo 2.

and shaggy...good to see another Otep fan.