PDA

View Full Version : Men of Valor Impressions

pvsurfer03
10-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Today I picked up Men of Valor and I've been looking forward to this game for a long time and I'm not disappointed.

I played a little singleplayer first to get the hang of the game and the training teaches you everything you need to know. I played through 2 singleplayer missions and they're pretty cool. When you get shot you can bandage yourself if you're bleeding. When you walk over a dead guys body you can search it for documents, weapons, heath, etc. The game really captures the environment of the Vietnam War and soldiers cursing and saying "I'm gonna kill that *****". I also like it because you are ALWAYS fighting with a squad. There's a decent amount of blood and gore as well. The graphics are good and do the game justice. And the sound is awesome!

Now to the Xbox Live play. I played about 45 mins on live and it was pretty fun. You can have 8 people on a regular server and 12 on a dedicated. You can choose 12 character classes. The servers I played in had no lag at all. There's 10 maps and they're all varied and decent sized. The modes are: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy, Recover the Documents, and Singplayer Co-Op. I only played TDM. If you're a certain class you can call in airstrikes by throwing a red smoke grenade. The weird thing is that both teams can talk to each other, I'm not sure if you can turn it off.

Overall I'm very happy with Men of Valor and it's a great game. I suggest at least a rent because it's worth it.

CarGuy
10-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Awesome and thanks for the review. However, if you look to your left you'll see a forum dedicated to impressions and reviews. I only mention it because we need some more reviews...

mrmp3
10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Today I picked up Men of Valor and I've been looking forward to this game for a long time and I'm not disappointed.

I played a little singleplayer first to get the hang of the game and the training teaches you everything you need to know. I played through 2 singleplayer missions and they're pretty cool. When you get shot you can bandage yourself if you're bleeding. When you walk over a dead guys body you can search it for documents, weapons, heath, etc. The game really captures the environment of the Vietnam War and soldiers cursing and saying "I'm gonna kill that *****". I also like it because you are ALWAYS fighting with a squad. There's a decent amount of blood and gore as well. The graphics are good and do the game justice. And the sound is awesome!

Now to the Xbox Live play. I played about 45 mins on live and it was pretty fun. You can have 8 people on a regular server and 12 on a dedicated. You can choose 12 character classes. The servers I played in had no lag at all. There's 10 maps and they're all varied and decent sized. The modes are: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy, Recover the Documents, and Singplayer Co-Op. I only played TDM. If you're a certain class you can call in airstrikes by throwing a red smoke grenade. The weird thing is that both teams can talk to each other, I'm not sure if you can turn it off.

Overall I'm very happy with Men of Valor and it's a great game. I suggest at least a rent because it's worth it.

Thanks for the review. Only question I have is how's the framerate? Is it as bad as the reviews say?

pvsurfer03
10-20-2004, 08:18 PM
The framerate isn't great, but it's not as bad as the reviewers say. There's just a few hiccups here and there.

BananaMan
10-20-2004, 08:24 PM
wtf? how can you plan strategies if the other team can hear you?

ShaDovV RyDer
10-23-2004, 06:58 PM
wtf? how can you plan strategies if the other team can hear you?

Ya are you sure its not the host's desicion as to wether or not the teams can hear each other...or at least can you press the white button to talk to just your team??

pvsurfer03
10-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Yep everyone can hear each other. i've hosted and there's no option to change it. The multiplayer is really fun and addicting.

ShaDovV RyDer
10-23-2004, 07:19 PM
It may be fun and addicting but thats a huge blow to the chest that you can't really make a team plan unless you mute everyone on the opposite side.