PDA

View Full Version : An apology about the "Do my interview" series

Reclaimer
10-21-2004, 01:04 AM
After getting back the Prince of Persia 2 and Forza interview I feel like I need to put out a few words in regards to what has been happening.

You may have remember that a few interviews went out to the fans to ask the questions.

Well, the interviews for Forza and POP2 came back from the developers, the developers chopped out the parts that had your names and ages and all that.
So I just got back answers and that was it.
The POP2 interview came back jumbled nearly out of recognization.

So, I want to continue to keep trying this "Do my interview" series for future games, but I'm going to have to implement a new way to do it because I'm tired of the developers cutting your names and all that out of the questions and just emailing back a tangled mess we have to figure out.

By the way.. that Hockey interview isn't going to happen because:
A) Not enough people put in questions.
B) 75% of those that did participate spamed the thread with anything but a question.
C) The game came out before we had to kill this due to lack of participation.

Better luck next time.

Even though your names aren't assigned to your questions in the Forza and POP2 interviews, I want to thank you for participating because those are your questions still.

Brevity
10-21-2004, 06:42 AM
Those do my interview things are genious, because in the end "we" get all our questions answered. Big thanks

CMX Jedi
10-21-2004, 10:54 AM
whats the next interview going to be?

FB-Gollum
10-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Well, I know I asked one of those, so I'm happy, even if they didn't really answer it. :)

Reclaimer
10-21-2004, 07:06 PM
whats the next interview going to be?

I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. We got a lot of big name games out earlier this year, and I'm waiting on a lot of responses that yet to come back.

It's weird because we get the go ahead from MS-Canada's PR division to do an interview and we send it in and sometimes I don't even get it back... at all.
We've been snubbed a few times. Infogrames never returned my Dead Man's Hand interview, I had a Mission Impossible 2 interview never comeback, StarCraft Ghost.. I have no idea what's going on with that one, Eidos shanked me over Contracts, and Legends of Wrestling Three which was supposed to an interview with Koko B Ware never got returned.

But.. I do have a bunch of other interviews still out in cyberspace pending a return from the developement teams. Far Cry, Painkiller, The Shield, Narc, Tron, Jade Empire are just a few.

But we did get some cool stuff in like Forza, Prince of Persia 2, Ghost Recon 2, Rainbow Six Black Arrow, Splinter Cell 3 Chaos Theory and a lot more.

PM me if you have a game you'd like to see an interview for and I'll try to make it work.
Ideally we can do games that are within 6 months of release. Sooner is hard to do because of the time it takes to get the deal done. Later takes a lot more permission to do because games aren't usually at "gold" status by then and people are reluctant to talk about their stuff at that point, but we got lucky a few times before. A lot of games won't have an accurate release date until we get to January 1st.

Anyway, as long as it's in the critieria, shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can do.
To tell you the truth, I like the "Do my interview" concept. I still have to work my ass off doing edits and content and other stuff, but I think it adds more to the participation of the site.
So to everyone that did help out along the way, I'd like to thank you.
There will be more coming up.