PDA

View Full Version : HALO meets the big SILVER SCREEN !!!!!

Vteck3000
01-31-2002, 04:52 PM
YEEEESSSSSSSSSS apperently FOX will make a movie based on the game HALO. If it's as good as the game it will surely be a very very big hit. To my opinion I would see Van Diesel taking the role of Master Chief. I think he's big enough and tall enough to be the hero.
Check the full story at TeamXbox site.

What do you think ???????
Do youthink it's a good idea to make a movie based on HALO ????
or
Is Aliens 2 was good enough for you ?????????
Who would you see as Master Chief ????????

:cool:

Snoopy7548
01-31-2002, 04:56 PM
you dont really SEE the master chief in the game, i would hope they made it that way in the movie. but i would like his voice to be from james earl jones. that would be cool. i think its a good idea for a movie. i hope it follows most of the story from the game.

Frostberg
01-31-2002, 06:00 PM
If it follows the exact story though, it will get boring...they have to branch it out somehow...

LynxFX
01-31-2002, 06:26 PM
Yeah definately, they need alittle more depth than that.

Hopefully they won't screw it up either. It has the potential to be a great sci-fi summer blockbuster.

So many games are going to the big screen now too. Duke Nukem, Max Payne and supposedly a Quake movie.

monkeyman
02-01-2002, 11:12 AM
hehe awsome arnt they gonna make a max payne movie also?

Terraflux
02-01-2002, 12:39 PM
Nobody can legally make a Halo movie without first purchasing the rights to Halo from MS and Bungie. A Halo movie..... I could think of 100 ways it could suck (FFSW) (read "Fall of Reach" if you need more halo). CROM!:confused:

Caspel
02-01-2002, 12:46 PM
If it follows the exact story though, it will get boring...they have to branch it out somehow...

I think a way to branch it out more would be somehow get an idea of what will be in Halo 2..like at the end of the movie somehow also get a Halo 2 sequel to be next for gaming and maybe a Halo 2 movie also...

If they had a game trailer of Halo 2 the game in the previews for the movie, I woul for sure just go see it just to see the Halo 2 trailer.

Snoopy7548
02-01-2002, 01:39 PM
max payne would make a good movie, it has a good storyline

Heyyoudvd
02-01-2002, 02:00 PM
the Halo movie shouldn't follow the story of Halo or Halo 2 (assuming this game actually comes out).

Anyways, if it's like Halo, people will know what's gonna happen in the movie and it'll suck.

If it's like Halo 2 (and the movie comes out before Halo 2), then Halo 2 won't be as good since everyone who's seen the movie will already know the game's stroy and outcome.

The movie should loosely be based on Halo, but should be completely different.

GokuX
02-01-2002, 02:05 PM
I sense another flopper.

Snoopy7548
02-01-2002, 05:14 PM
haha, yea, most movies made from videogames suck, like tomb raider, super mario, street fighter

bigguy316
02-01-2002, 05:54 PM
It can be based on the book that is the pre-qual then have it move on to the game story but of course w/ more branched out.

Caspel
02-01-2002, 07:10 PM
Well what would be cool I think is...

Maybe have movie time before the game ever starts and then have it end different then the game..that would be enough..

If not, then it could always give us some roles of watching the Covenant talking and guarding bases and what not.(how in the heck are they going to create good Covenant and Flood creatures)

Heyyoudvd
02-01-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
haha, yea, most movies made from videogames suck, like tomb raider, super mario, street fighter

Mortal Kombat kicked ass. (the first one)

The second one, Mortal kombat Annihilation was complete crap.

LynxFX
02-01-2002, 08:06 PM
I was going to mention Mortal Kombat too. First one was the best game adaptation I can think of to date.

Too bad they had to kill it with really bad cgi in the second and a lame ass story. :(

THE DOMINATOR
02-01-2002, 08:15 PM
halos plot is too weak, and not much apeal to the general public, on the other and i think max payne has a lot of potential, and can fllow the same plot as the game, and still be very good:)

Kid Ryan
02-02-2002, 02:25 PM
I was thinking about writing a script based on either Halo or Max Payne but I'm still deciding which would be better.