PDA

View Full Version : B.C. Got Bagged

selowitch
10-22-2004, 06:22 PM
I guess the mixed reaction to Fable doomed Peter Molyneux's other project, B.C., to which I was really looking forward. Rats.

Cruise438
10-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Where'd you hear this? I was looking forward to it

ScorpionX
10-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Posted on the fron page, looked pretty good too

LikShotz
10-22-2004, 09:55 PM
looked like complete crap... i dont find being a cavemen exciting at all... lol... Halo 2 here we come.

Cryogenic Pyro
10-22-2004, 09:57 PM
I thought it looked to be an awesome game. Sucks that it got canned.

BananaMan
10-22-2004, 09:59 PM
looked like complete crap... i dont find being a cavemen exciting at all... lol... Halo 2 here we come.
sums it up for me too. :D

l Maximus l
10-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Seriously, when I saw BC in motion, I thought the game looked like it was straight out of the Super Nintendo days. Not impressive at all.

I thought Fable was a sweet game and was doing well. I wouldn't really know, I guess...since I'm not into RPGs.

Like Likshotz said, Halo 2, here we come!!!

LikShotz
10-22-2004, 10:51 PM
ill say it again!!!! HALO 2! HERE!! WE !!!!!! COMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!! you know what would suck? if lets say... "let me jinx everyone :D" your launch xbox isnt strong enough ot handle halo 2.. and we all have to buy brand new xboxs. lol thats somthing i see happening... anyone see that?

l Maximus l
10-22-2004, 10:55 PM
ill say it again!!!! HALO 2! HERE!! WE !!!!!! COMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!! you know what would suck? if lets say... "let me jinx everyone :D" your launch xbox isnt strong enough ot handle halo 2.. and we all have to buy brand new xboxs. lol thats somthing i see happening... anyone see that?

bwahahaha! That would suck! Good thing I have two relatively new ones and my launch box fried :D

Brevity
10-22-2004, 10:59 PM
I wonder if BC would still be on the up-in-comming if Fable would have done a little better and been a litte more impressive.

Darkside
10-22-2004, 11:09 PM
:/

I was looking forward to BC.
I don't care about graphics as much as some of you people. that thing looked great for its time.

Just the idea was really interesting.

LynxFX
10-23-2004, 02:20 AM
We got to see B.C. behind closed doors at 2003's E3. Even then the game looked incredible. Not sure what you saw Max, but seeing it played, it had some of the best graphics of any xbox game to date. It was quite an ambitious project, perhaps too ambitious like the fully functional ecosystem. This was probably the top game I saw at E3, yes even better than the first Halo 2 video they were showing. It's a shame that it looks like it got the ax. Hopefully if we are lucky, this will become a launch title for Xbox2.

Shame that unique and original games get scrapped, while we get 5 identical sports games that are the same thing as the year before that. :(

WynnFire
10-23-2004, 02:24 AM
Ok. B.C. gets canned but it's also getting a sequel? Right under the article about B.C. being canned was a link to another about it getting a sequel? Did I miss something? It was posted earlier. Is B.C. still going to get a sequel? Will it be on Xbox 2 or 3?

l Maximus l
10-23-2004, 02:27 AM
We got to see B.C. behind closed doors at 2003's E3. Even then the game looked incredible. Not sure what you saw Max, but seeing it played, it had some of the best graphics of any xbox game to date. It was quite an ambitious project, perhaps too ambitious like the fully functional ecosystem. This was probably the top game I saw at E3, yes even better than the first Halo 2 video they were showing. It's a shame that it looks like it got the ax. Hopefully if we are lucky, this will become a launch title for Xbox2.

Shame that unique and original games get scrapped, while we get 5 identical sports games that are the same thing as the year before that. :(

I will admit, what I saw of BC in motion was on a broadcast of a prehistoric (pun intended) video camera pointing at a television. Obviously, it was not in hi-res. What bugged me about what I saw was the third person view and how the character remained in the same spot the entire time while the "world" turned when he turned. It seemed like the character turned unrealistically sharp like many 2D animations back in the day.

That's why I came up with the Super Nintendo analogy. I'm sure the version that you saw at E3 was far more superior and was likely in hi-res. I remember being floored when I saw some of the first screenshots of the game...so, I'm sure that what I saw was not representative of the game.

LynxFX
10-23-2004, 02:30 AM
Just picture those amazing screenshots you saw in motion. That's what we saw. ;) From what I recall, the 3rd person view/animation was very similar to Fable which would make sense.

l Maximus l
10-23-2004, 02:32 AM
Just picture those amazing screenshots you saw in motion. That's what we saw. ;) From what I recall, the 3rd person view/animation was very similar to Fable which would make sense.

Believe it or not, I have yet to see Fable in action. I know I know I know...get with it, Max!!! Honestly, Burnout 3 has been owning my XBox for the past couple weeks or so...I'm still trying to get a handle on those damn Indy cars! :yikes:

Czm21x
10-23-2004, 02:44 AM
Halo2 and Unreal Championship2 here we come.

Will I buy another Xbox rpg? Will I but another Xbox2 rpg?

NO!!

Variation-XBA
10-23-2004, 03:19 AM
First True Fantasy, now this :(

SoundX
10-23-2004, 05:47 AM
Ah well, I was kind of dissapointed with Fable. So this doesn't bother me as much as I would have a month ago.

Canes94
10-23-2004, 06:30 AM
yep Fable is pretty boring so far, to repetitive....no care about BC

LTM360
10-23-2004, 11:38 AM
I love the compairisons from Fable to B.C.

Two entirely different games, "LETS COMPARE THE TWO!" :rolleyes:

B.C. was probably the most ambitions game I have heard of, very disspointed in it getting axed. Ah well, I hope they pick it back up eventually.

BORNGD
10-23-2004, 08:54 PM
this obviously got cancelled for a reason, so i'm glad they didnt release a product they did not feel was good

Variation-XBA
10-23-2004, 08:59 PM
this obviously got cancelled for a reason, so i'm glad they didnt release a product they did not feel was good

More people should have your attitude instead of the "OMG THE DELAYED/CANCELLED ____!!!?!?!?!111"

Shadow20002
10-24-2004, 10:55 AM
How about they delay also Fable....it will be more polish than this one we have...

ShaDovV RyDer
10-24-2004, 02:54 PM
I heard Fable was trash so if the developers heard the same they might have thought that because more people wanted Fable to begin with BC was going to do terrible...all the same i didnt care about Fable and I certainly didn't care about BC...I mean really, who wants to run around killing dinosaurs as a man dressed in a thong...Halo2 was gonna POON BC anyways.

rirwebmaster
10-25-2004, 10:58 AM
First off, it didn't actually get cancelled. They said that it is 'suspended' meaning that they stopped working on the game and they even said they are hoping to finish it later. They might need to concentrate on a different game right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see B.C. come out on Xbox 2. It seems they wanted to do some complex things with B.C. so maybe it would be better with next gen hardware.

Spaztic
10-25-2004, 11:14 AM
yeah maybe they are working on boster disk for fable to boost the 7-8hr gameplay to 20-30 like a really short RPG should be....fuking basterds.

RockTheCasba
10-26-2004, 01:00 AM
lol so many angry people. im just hoping to see it back out there someday

Variation-XBA
10-26-2004, 01:31 AM
im just hoping to see it back out there someday
Don't hold your breath for anytime soon.