PDA

View Full Version : Developers not using Xbox to it's full capability.

XBA Staff
01-31-2002, 05:56 PM
First off many great games are heading towards the Xbox. We as Xbox fans can't wait til those games get here. Most of those great games don't even uses the Xbox to it's full potential.

Example: THQ/Anchor could've done more with WWF Raw if they knew about the Xbox's extras. First off the CD Ripping...Microsoft didn't waste their time and put money into the CD Ripping feature for developers to just skip around them. Most games that the CD Ripping is for dosen't even use the feature. The CD Ripping could've been used for us gamers to input our favorite songs into the game so that we can use them in the CAW Feature as a entrance song.

Example 2: THQ/Anchor made a Gamecube-Like move when they decided to take out blood in the game so that they can maintain a Teen Rating. I got a little message to THQ/Anchor....THAT'S WHAT PARENTAL CONTROLS ARE THERE ON THE XBOX FOR!!!. Another wasted Xbox feature that was looked over. If parents decides that blood is alittle too extravagant then they can use the parental controls. But I still think it is stupid though for them to take out blood. Hell...if you really think about it, it really makes no sense because most of the people that watches WWF are Teens and on WWF Raw and Smackdown they curse, do sexual themes, and have an excessive amount of blood at times. Hell they even advertise Beer like Budwieser by Steve Austin and APA Smokes cigars. So that makes no sense that teens can see all that stuff on TV but they can't see a drop of blood in a game.

Bottom Line Is:

Developers need to start paing more attention to the Xbox extras. I mean, if it was PS2 that had these features then developers will be using it day and night.

Snoopy7548
01-31-2002, 06:01 PM
yea, i agree. they shouldnt take out the blood just so some little pansy kids can play it, they shouldnt ruin it for everyone else. most people that have the xbox are mature. they show blood on tv, and no one is controlling that, so why should they control what we see in videogames? any kid can just turn on their tv and see some killing and blood. but not in videogames, because everyone blames videogames for violence

XBA Staff
01-31-2002, 06:06 PM
Remember When:

Remember when Microsoft said that Xbox is geared towards people in the 16+ age group? If that's true then why are they taking about blood? Are they saying that 16 years olds can't handls alittle blood because it't too violent for them?

Now I can understand if they said it was geared towards the 13+ age group...but they said 16+...so what's up?

Twolf77
01-31-2002, 06:11 PM
acutely i do agree with the ripping part (that is somthing for the 2nd one this one was all about make thing the engine the best it could be) but about the blood WWF made them take it out why i am not shere but i know they did not the devs fault

LynxFX
01-31-2002, 06:20 PM
A lot changed in Q4 of 2001. Sept 11th made almost everyone rethink what they were designing and how far they are willing to take the violence.

Frostberg
01-31-2002, 06:21 PM
Its not like the M rating will hurt sales...see HALO!

XBA Staff
01-31-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Twolf77
acutely i do agree with the ripping part (that is somthing for the 2nd one this one was all about make thing the engine the best it could be) but about the blood WWF made them take it out why i am not shere but i know they did not the devs fault

No, man the WWF didn't make them take it out because they have no authority over THQ/Anchor, they just provide them with the WWF licence. It was THQ/Anchor's dissision to take the blood out.

PS: How is Xboxinteractive doing?

xboxmaster2002
01-31-2002, 06:41 PM
Do you think thats why theres no blood because of september 11th lets hope it isnt anyway think about it why would they take blood out of a WWF game because planes flew into biuldings they think that they flew planes into biuldings i highly doubt that bin laden and his posse were playing xbox and ps2 saying wow let's fly this plane into this biulding it has nothing to do with games there must be an even dumber reason that would just be dumb to take blood out of a "fake" fighting game the **** WWF is fake its fake blood and everything and all WWF fans know that so just put it in ******.

Twolf77
01-31-2002, 06:46 PM
actually a lot of the time they will cut them selfs so the so it looks more realistic real blood not fake

Tyrell-XBAX; are you akeing me how boxinteractive is going i thout that site was no more?

XBA Staff
01-31-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
Do you think thats why theres no blood because of september 11th lets hope it isnt anyway think about it why would they take blood out of a WWF game because planes flew into biuldings they think that they flew planes into biuldings i highly doubt that bin laden and his posse were playing xbox and ps2 saying wow let's fly this plane into this biulding it has nothing to do with games there must be an even dumber reason that would just be dumb to take blood out of a "fake" fighting game the **** WWF is fake its fake blood and everything and all WWF fans know that so just put it in ******.

Well who said that this had anything to do with September 11th?

xboxmaster2002
01-31-2002, 07:23 PM
Well lynxfx did, and lots of stupid people think that

LynxFX
01-31-2002, 08:48 PM
I said it because it is a fact that everyone in the entertainment industry has been toning down and rethinking alot of their violent entertainment whether it is movies or games.

I don't know if it has to do with this particular game but that is one reason why there isn't any blood in MOH:AA.

This will probably last for a while, but hopefully not.

xboxmaster2002
01-31-2002, 08:59 PM
i know what you ment but tyrell asked who said somthing about september 11th anybody who thinks these attacks were videogame related "all you goverment people" you need to do some more research

Frostberg
01-31-2002, 09:03 PM
! Do they think were all scared of blood or something? My god everyone has it...even animals and some other nasty insect things...anyway its not like blood=violence. Blood just enhances the realisticness...you couldnt play "Xtreme PaperCut 3D" without blood because it wouldnt be realistic, and it wouldnt be fun (like it sounded fun in the 1st place) So WAR games like MOA:AA NEED blood to be realistic, because after all I believe some blood was spilled in the second world war, unless im mistaken and when people got shot they dissapeared or something...and games like WWF RAW need blood to be good. You cant have a wrestling game where the person just looks the same and you cant tell by looking at him if he looks worn out...he needs a few cuts on the head from impacts and such...I wonder why SoF, prolly the most bloody game I have ever seen (ok maybe papercut 3d, lol) and its has been out and it worked, so why are they all of a sudden deciding to take out blood...once again blood doesnt = violence or bad, I feel like not buying a game that I feel needs blood if it doesnt have it. Like its a huge deal to add in the blood and make the game get a Mature rating...once again I say HALO! It is the top selling game, and has an M rating, so its not like an M rating is bad for sales...

Shadow Fox
02-01-2002, 12:39 AM
This is hillarious...now Xboxers feel like GameCube fans...:D

Well, if developers actually started thinking about the ESRB, and not a "demographic" set by some old press giezer who says that "Nintendo has to be kiddy" and Microsoft has to be mature", then we wouldn't get mix-ups like this. Back in the N64/PSX days (early 97-99), games came out on both systems regardless of how "mature" they were. Developers/publishers could care less, they were all about the money, not their image.

But times, they have changed. Now developers act like little schoolgirls for consoles just like the fanboys they make games for. Next thing you know, Konami won't be able to bring Silent Hill 3 to GCN because they're afraid to get ragged on by thier peers...how trite...:mad:

XBA Staff
02-01-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
This is hillarious...now Xboxers feel like GameCube fans...:D

Well, if developers actually started thinking about the ESRB, and not a "demographic" set by some old press giezer who says that "Nintendo has to be kiddy" and Microsoft has to be mature", then we wouldn't get mix-ups like this. Back in the N64/PSX days (early 97-99), games came out on both systems regardless of how "mature" they were. Developers/publishers could care less, they were all about the money, not their image.

But times, they have changed. Now developers act like little schoolgirls for consoles just like the fanboys they make games for. Next thing you know, Konami won't be able to bring Silent Hill 3 to GCN because they're afraid to get ragged on by thier peers...how trite...:mad:

This is the scene where I come in and say that you are wrong. See back then in the 97-99 developers were thinking the way there are today. Remember when Resident Evil 2 first came to N64? Well Capcom decided to not put in as much blood an gore in the N64 version as they did with the PSX version. So really they were the same back then. Same with Genisis Mortal Kombat having blood and the SNES version didn't. So you see my point...they were always kiddy towards Nintendo products.

Shadow Fox
02-01-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Tyrell-XBA

This is the scene where I come in and say that you are wrong. See back then in the 97-99 developers were thinking the way there are today. Remember when Resident Evil 2 first came to N64? Well Capcom decided to not put in as much blood an gore in the N64 version as they did with the PSX version. So really they were the same back then. Same with Genisis Mortal Kombat having blood and the SNES version didn't. So you see my point...they were always kiddy towards Nintendo products. LOL...now either you've never played RE2 for N64 (which enables/disables blood, and it's color in the options), or you are just blind. Even if you were correct, does that make up for MKT, MK4, Nightmare Creatures, WarGods, Mace: The Dark Age, Doom 64, Quake, Quake II, Hexen, Heretic, or the Castlevania Series? You are sadly mistaken, especially since Angel Studios developed Re2 for N64 in 2000, NOT in the 97-99 era like I stated. And sure enough, all the gore stayed intact for ALL of these titles.

And as for your Genesis comparison, what happened when the ESRB was introduced? The best home version of MK2 (besides the 32X)- on SNES, with everything the arcade had. Like I said, back then no one cared about the image, it was about the money. People actually WANTED to make gory games for Nintendo's system.

You stand corrected.;)

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

BiohazardEHW
02-01-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
...WWF is fake its fake blood...

Actually, wrestling is NOT fake. How could you call something fake if it was never intended to be real in the first place? And they use small razor blades to make a little cut on their forehead for blood...it bleeds like a bìtch for one day and it completely healed the next.

And yes, that statement I just made about the blood being real is 100% true. When XPW was still on around here, I saw some Japanese moron blade himself right in the middle of the ring, lying face up, so everyone could see him...stupid people...i hate stupid people.