PDA

View Full Version : It just won't end will it?? Midway Announced new Mortal Kombat.

LTM360
10-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Midway announces Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Publisher expands fighting franchise with new action adventure, due in 2005; plans annual Mortal Kombat releases.

Today, Midway announced some major changes to the Mortal Kombat franchise. The first was the unveiling of the next game in the series, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Unlike regular Mortal Kombat games, Shaolin Monks will be an action adventure title that allows players to explore a world beyond the arena of death. The game is currently in development for the Xbox and PlayStation 2 and is slated for a fall 2005 release.

The other big change to the Mortal Kombat series is its frequency. In a statement, Midway president David F. Zucker said a new game in the franchise would arrive each year. “Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks is also our first step toward delivering something that Mortal Kombat fans have been calling for: a new game set in the Mortal Kombat universe every year," he said. "We are planning our Mortal Kombat release schedule with the expectation that we will deliver a new Mortal Kombat title annually.”

For more on Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, check out GameSpot's exclusive first look (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/mkshaolin/preview_6111244.html).

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot (www.gamespot.com)
POSTED: 10/22/04 05:22 PM PST

IT JUST WON'T END!!!

This is the direction Mortal Kombat needs to take... :rolleyes:

After the grand thing that Konquest was in MK: Deception, why not take the worst part of the game and make a standalone game of it? So smart.

ScorpionX
10-23-2004, 12:28 PM
What? Deception is an awesome game, and it kicks ass on Live... keep em coming Midway :cool:

And I thought Konquest mode was pretty good anyway

Shadow20002
10-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Another one.....

Hugopolo
10-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh yeah its always great when Midway takes the MK series out side of the fighting realm i mean that sub zero game was a classic as well as that great sonya and jax beat em up :rolleyes:

MajorTom
10-23-2004, 01:31 PM
The Mortal Kombat games for SNES were awesome, since then they sucked and I'm sure they will continue to suck.

Variation-XBA
10-23-2004, 09:03 PM
So they want to make a MK that isnt primarily a fighter....
Didnt they learn with the older ones?

nrg_remix
10-23-2004, 10:40 PM
check out the screens buddy, it looks pretty crazy.. i thought deception was pretty good, this game MIGHT be as good, or even better

LTM360
10-23-2004, 10:55 PM
check out the screens buddy

Check out screen for Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon, and/or Kabuki Warriors. They don't look half as bad as they actually are. Screenshots couldn't mean any less.