PDA

View Full Version : Anybody getting worried about the XBOX?

Bundy
01-31-2002, 06:54 PM
My buddy and I were talking the other day, and we are starting to get a little worried. Now both of us have xboxs and are huge fans.

But it seems recently that a lot of the big games coming out during feb/march have all been pushed back. There also seems to a lot of games that were promised but no firm details have been given.

The games for spring/early summer seem to be really thin and not of super hype status.

Could somebody reassure me, that those killer games are coming and we are just being a little on the silly side.

ChaZ
01-31-2002, 07:03 PM
Well...

maybe many developers were shocked to see how good other games are when fully using the full potentials of Xbox's abilities, they probably had to go back to the drawing boards to make it more better than just boring games they normally would have made for PS2?

-ChaZ

Toonz
01-31-2002, 07:11 PM
I always respond to this topic with the same word " Online " it will change everything in the console battle and somehow I doubt anyones gonna be able to beat Microsoft at that game

Bundy
01-31-2002, 07:13 PM
yeah i am eager for online. I can't wait for details from ms.

I figure things will pick up once japan and eroupe are launched.

yall
01-31-2002, 07:38 PM
release dates are something more accustom to pc's. for years no one has really paid attention to the release dates associated with consol titles like they have towards pc titles. my point is, don't be discouraged by release dates that are constantly pushed back. it happens to pc games all the time. it also happens to sony and nintendo, you just dont hear about it as much. the games for consoles, have typically been less revolutionary (and also tend not to make the lofty claims pc game developers do), so there is usually less publicity surrounding them. henceforth, the release dates are paid little attention when it comes to the console games. only recently, with the console market gaining popularity with the older more affluent market, have release date mattered much to the consumer who has time to concern him/her self with the timeframe of a game release.
don't worry.
be happy.
play video games.

xboxhh
02-01-2002, 10:46 AM
I agree with the above statement. And going along with an article on teamxbox.com; I feel that waiting for a game that's going to end up being that much better for more time in development is worth it.

StudioAlex
02-01-2002, 10:53 AM
No, I'm not worried at all.

GokuX
02-01-2002, 10:55 AM
I only get worried when my Xbox starts smoking. Once I let it sit its ok.

BiohazardEHW
02-01-2002, 11:06 AM
Um, why would they hype games that are to be released in the summer when it's only FEBRUARY!

Spaztic
02-01-2002, 11:13 AM
yeah also remeber that unlike consoles computer developers have the option to patch games...that is a habit that pc games have be falling into recently, so i rather the dates be pushed back if the quaility of the product is better.

robnyack
02-01-2002, 12:12 PM
release dates are ALWAYS pushed back. I dont even know why they bother giving release dates!

As for being "worried" about xbox? Absolutely not. Great game console with amazing games coming out in 2002.

I think you lads are just getting a bit impatient.

monkeyman
02-01-2002, 10:07 PM
im not worried at all its ok:D

Xboxfan123
02-02-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Bundy
My buddy and I were talking the other day, and we are starting to get a little worried. Now both of us have xboxs and are huge fans.

But it seems recently that a lot of the big games coming out during feb/march have all been pushed back. There also seems to a lot of games that were promised but no firm details have been given.

The games for spring/early summer seem to be really thin and not of super hype status.

Could somebody reassure me, that those killer games are coming and we are just being a little on the silly side.

IMO there is nothing to worry about. Compare the number of games that the Xbox has to the number of games the PS2 had in less than 3 months from launch date and I would say we are fine. What I don't like is the number of ported games (thanks to EA among others), but I just try and stay away from them. Even the GC is rehashing some old games. I would rather see games pushed back than end up with a flood of "Kabuki Warrior type" games.

XboxHybrid
02-02-2002, 02:14 PM
Don't worry everybody gets jitters since they think they're investment is going down the drain but it'll be alive for the next 4-5 years