PDA

View Full Version : Wanna buy XBOX and play in Europe (PAL)

Mars
07-31-2001, 09:46 AM
Hy Guys.

I want to import the XBOX on Nov. 8 2001 to Europe. Thats easy because i have got a friend in the US. Ok but now i got some problems.
1) Do i need a NTSC TV or will it work with an PAL tv too? Maybe RF-Unit?

2) Will i be able to play PAL games when they come out in spring 2002? or do i need a "MODCHIP"??

3) Will the US XBOX be able to play only RC1 DVDs or can it play all RCs.

thx for sharing the information, Mars

Aaron
07-31-2001, 12:12 PM
ah a list =) here we go

1) I dunno about the PAL features, i think you may need a NTSC TV.

2) Word is, that games will have NO lockouts on them, allowing all regions of games to be played on any version of xbox. It will be revolutionary if pulled off

3) Unfortunately, DVD has a required lockout due to other countries piracy. So we suffer. :(

Hope i was of some help

xboxlover
07-31-2001, 01:22 PM
I would import it to the uk but then I couldn't go online so could u people tell me if online is really important enough to wait till 2002 to get my xbox give your thoughts.

Aaron
07-31-2001, 01:47 PM
well see theres the problem. the xbox wont be online till 2002 anyways, so i guess it wouldnt matter

Mars
07-31-2001, 04:43 PM
thanks for your answers.

@xboxlover: why cant you go online when you are in the UK?? whats the problem?

about PAL:
if i just use a RF-Unit, then it shouldnt matter if its NTSC or PAL, because then its just a cable signal and so it doesnt matter i think. or if i use the SVHS input on my TV. Is that right? hope anybody knows that.

Another question about the core:
do i need 110 Volts?? or is there a Power converter to use up to 240 Volts with the XBOX?

thx Mars

xboxlover
08-01-2001, 01:40 PM
The reason u couldn't go online with an american XBOX is just that, u see if u have an american XBOX then u need to use the american servers gettit.

Spuz
08-01-2001, 08:34 PM
I think you should just wait for the European version. That's your safest bet and you'll be getting versions of games that are even more spiffed up than in the US. Really, wait a bit, and save that money you would have spent on the US console for getting even more games when the X-Box is released locally.