PDA

View Full Version : Are Old Games Still Fun¿

clayschinbein9
10-26-2004, 07:08 PM
HEY every one, i was just wondering what is your favorite original xbox game or any older one at all that you still play frequently? Mine would have to be..........hmm....idont know you give me some ideas

cool :cool:

LiquidX
10-26-2004, 07:09 PM
errr Halo? Cant get any older than a launch title!

BananaMan
10-26-2004, 07:20 PM
ghost recon+LIVE=one of the best games ever

10-26-2004, 07:58 PM
I still play halo a lot. I used to play Ghost Recon and Midtown Madness 3 alot but I recently sold them.

kenji
10-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Halo of course, but I still play SSX Tricky sometimes and I don't think that Dynasty Warriors 4 counts, but I play that. I sometimes play some SNES games like Mario RPG or Rock 'n' Roll racing.

Brevity
10-26-2004, 09:05 PM
I am about to beat Metal Arms, what a great game and its older.

CarGuy
10-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Morrowind. But now I play the GOTY version.

Variation-XBA
10-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Crimson Skies is still good:)

Reclaimer
10-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Ghost Recons and Conflict Desert Storms are still fun to me.

SPARTAN VI
10-26-2004, 11:49 PM
I'd be playing 'Age of Empires II' if I still had it on me.

l Maximus l
10-27-2004, 01:29 AM
I'm having a difficult time being peeled away from Kabuki Warriors...freakin' amazing ish right there...

Reclaimer
10-27-2004, 01:41 AM
I'm having a difficult time being peeled away from Kabuki Warriors...freakin' amazing ish right there...

Thy plasma sword seekth you for that.

SoundX
10-27-2004, 06:48 AM
Halo, Dead or Alive 3, and er, Mario All Stars? :D

AlphaRaptor
10-27-2004, 09:20 AM
I still love Halo, DOA3 :) Which are about as old as you can get.

CarGuy
10-27-2004, 11:35 AM

Me and my friend still play it every once and a while.

Rhiannon
10-27-2004, 11:39 AM
This one is for the pc. Planescape: Torment.

silvertrace
10-27-2004, 12:54 PM
i still play amped....i have a sick collection of replays....

and who doesnt play halo still?

Wolfboy_888
10-27-2004, 01:53 PM
hmm maybe jedi academy?

Cruise438
10-27-2004, 03:30 PM
I played RalliSport and Halo with a friend of mine a few weeks ago. We were up until 3am... "Okay... one more level and then I really gotta get some sleep..."

ShaDovV RyDer
10-27-2004, 03:52 PM

Ahh...those were the days my friend...killing people online while using your brain...something I do very little of while playing a game like Unreal Championship or Halo where its so darn fast...I wish I still had that game but sadly I lent it to a friend after I bought Age of Myth which was a big dissapointment IMO...anyways I still play Amped2 which is pretty old and um...I guess Mechassault every now and then.

MajorTom
10-27-2004, 04:02 PM
I obviously still play Halo. I also still play several NES and SNES games.

SPARTAN VI
10-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Ahh...those were the days my friend...killing people online while using your brain...something I do very little of while playing a game like Unreal Championship or Halo where its so darn fast...I wish I still had that game but sadly I lent it to a friend after I bought Age of Myth which was a big dissapointment IMO...anyways I still play Amped2 which is pretty old and um...I guess Mechassault every now and then.

Yeah, might have to pick up Rise of Nations soon. Or even Lords of the Realm 3. :hump:

ShaDovV RyDer
10-29-2004, 03:18 PM
If my computer was any good I would have Rise of Nations right now because that game is just incredible dude...if you have to pick between those two get RoN and you will not be disappointed.

Huckleberry
10-29-2004, 04:43 PM
i have 6 different systems hooked up to my tv, so there's always room for an old game or two. my friend and i played Chicken on atari 2600 for 4 hours not long ago. that game sucks! it's like frogger, except you can't move sideways...totally hilarious.

i'm playin gt3 right now, so i can compare forza and gt4 to it when they come out. once in a while we get out Worms for dreamcast (i love that ninja rope and sheep bomb), or wrestlemania 2000 for n64. those games got hundreds of hours when they came out, and they still deserve a visit or two in spite of their obsolesence.

severd hed
10-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Halo, obviously.

i still play DOA3, outlaw golf, medal of honor (frontline and rising sun), serious sam..and i still play lots of older games on emulators

rolling stone
10-31-2004, 08:26 AM
i'm tackling JSRF again, i like that game.

Snowblind
10-31-2004, 12:48 PM
Unreal Tournement 2003 and MechWarrior 4:Vengence.

To me, those are the greatest online games.

Oh and Turok 2:Seeds of Evil for N64.

MixMasta
10-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Morrowind. But now I play the GOTY version.

Morrowind is amazing. I've logged countless hours on that game, and I still play it every once and a while, but then I get sick of it. And then a few months pass, and I play more.

mrmp3
10-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Yeah, might have to pick up Rise of Nations soon. Or even Lords of the Realm 3. :hump:

Shadow Ryder is right, my bro had it a while back. Game was sick as hell. Problem is, much like Rome: Total War, once you got too many units on screen, the framerate comes to a stutter. But yea, my bro loves RoN and loved Age of Empires as well so you should defintely check it out. Plus I heard the expansion pack had some good stuff on it too.

Anywayz, back on topic, I still do LAN parties with Halo and play on XBConnect every once in a while. Games older than that, gotta say Rock N' Roll Racing for SNES (Genesis version is the same cept' announcer doesn't say "HOLY TOLEDO!" in that version.) Me and my bro tear that game up all the time. Streets of Rage 2-3, those games rock my nuts off. Final Fight didn't have s*it on it. I picked up FFVII the other day. It's amazing how much garbage the new storyline are compared to that one. I even started playing FFIII the other day too, another great RPG. Me and my bro also play Skitchen, another game that we tear up. To be honest, the Dreamcast has been collecting dust. I played Power Stone I & II back in the hay day, but those days are gone. I generally used it for single player games. Also play Shining Force I , II, and III. Still have my Saturn around somewhere. I also play PULP on PS (Professional Underground League of Pain) along with Mutant League Hockey and Football on Genesis. I used to play Goldeneye and Conker's, but those framerates are unbearable for me cuz of today's standards. Back then, I could've sworn on my mother's life it was smooth as butter, but I didn't know any better.

But yea despite how old these games are, I usually go back for the storyline, to reenter the role of some favorite characters (Axel in SoR, Sabin in FFIII, Cloud in FFVII, Tarquinn in Rock N' Roll Racing), or because of multiplayer fun factor. There have been plenty of times where my GC, PS2, and Xbox just collect dust as I whip out my Genesis or SNES. A lot of games you see these days are based on the older stuff, and they almost feel like a clone with beefed up graphics which just takes away from the fun factor a bit. I generally go back to my glory days, the 16-bit days, but like I mentioned I occasionally play my PS and N64 on occasion.