PDA

View Full Version : DOOM 3 (xbox) delayed... heavily.

LTM360
10-26-2004, 08:10 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/26/news_6111480.html

No Xbox Doom 3, Resurrection of Evil until March 2005
The publisher says the console version of and expansion pack for the popular PC shooter aren't coming until next spring, but concedes that id makes the final call.

Though many Xbox owners are likely headed for hell, it doesn't look like they'll get there this year. During an earnings call this afternoon, Activision president Ron Doornink said that his company is now planning to release the Xbox version of Doom 3 in March 2005.

This comes as little surprise, since id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead basically said that the console version of the best-selling PC shooter--which places players in the role of a space marine guarding a research facility that literally opens the gates to hell--isn't coming this year. Although Vicarious Visions is developing the Xbox Doom 3, id is overseeing the process and has final approval.

Doornink also said that next March is when Activision is tentatively planning to ship Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, the expansion pack for the PC Doom 3. However, responding to a response to a question by UBS analyst Mike Wallace, Doornink conceded that these dates were "for planning purposes only." "id Software makes the final decision as to the release date," said the executive, obliquely referring to the developer's now-notorious motto regarding game development: "It's ready when it's done."

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot (www.gamespot.com)

That sucks...

FB-Gollum
10-26-2004, 08:23 PM
No it doesn't, the game is ready or it's damn close, but there's this thing called Halo 2 that will ruin Doom's sales if they come out too close to each other. Doom deserves it's own spotlight, which means nowhere within 2-3 months of Nov. 9.

pvsurfer03
10-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Don't lose any sleep over it, Doom 3 is overhyped anyways. Great graphics but after the first few hours the game is very predictable and boring.

Brevity
10-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Seen this one coming...

LTM360
10-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Don't lose any sleep over it, Doom 3 is overhyped anyways. Great graphics but after the first few hours the game is very predictable and boring.

Maybe so, but I played the game for PC at a friends house, and for someone who has a very bad PC the Xbox version was all there was... and now I gotta wait another 5 months for it.

Variation-XBA
10-26-2004, 11:19 PM
We already knew long ago Doom3 XB wasn't this year, this isn't a surprise.

rirwebmaster
10-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Yea, considering they didn't release a solid release date, they weren't going to all of a sudden announce that the game is gold and will ship in 2 weeks.

l Maximus l
10-27-2004, 01:30 AM
*in my best Jim Carey voice*

~~~Shocker.~~~

SoundX
10-27-2004, 06:47 AM
This is alright, but why the hell did I fully pay for this months ago? I Need Xbox Live for Halo 2 DaMnIT!

Spaztic
10-27-2004, 09:33 AM
I played it on the computer and didn't think it was that great....will be cool if there is a coop.

ShaDovV RyDer
10-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Doom3 was incredibly overhyped...I didn't care one bit about this game when I first heard about it...so the first one was aparently something good and the second was aight but both those game got old after a bit...with Halo2 coming out and with it being a game that will NEVER get old Doom3 isn't even worth a rent...maybe a look at a buddies house but not even a rent IMO...perty game but trust me when I say it gets OLD!

Unknown Spartan
10-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Well i was expecting it this month ow well.