PDA

View Full Version : DOAU out tomorrow!

Jamo
10-26-2004, 10:13 PM
I know you guys want HALO2 so dont bring it up. I want it to. But if any of you want to have a fight if any ever get it or rent it just punch in my gamertag. I'm always ready for oponents. Ill be on Thursday, Friday at the latest.

Halo2/DOAU... Thats all I need now.

Variation-XBA
10-26-2004, 11:18 PM
I'm going to try it at a friends before buying it and see how it really is on LIVE.

SoundX
10-27-2004, 06:51 AM
It's not out tomorrow in Europe... :cry:

LTM360
10-27-2004, 08:16 AM
I'll be getting it Friday. Can't wait. :) Let's play some Jamo.

TOTTEN
10-27-2004, 09:10 AM
Im getting this for Chrismas. Im very broke right now.

Spaztic
10-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Already have the origional, don't have live, def jam and soul caliber 2 own it....won't get!@

Jamo
10-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Oh take the title of this thread... and... pretend I said it today. It seems that some moron screwed up somewhere with the shipping.

Oh and Shaggy I didnt ask whether you would get it or like it. I asked if you do to look me up on LIVE. Not your opinion. Not being mean but thats harsh what you said. Its more than the original but Im not going into details. Anyone else?

Spaztic
10-27-2004, 11:44 AM
This game is just a rehash of doa3 with live and a couple changes. I know its not the same thing! There is no need to get defensive. All I am saying is that I am not getting it because I have the first one and that it dosn't have enough content to warrent a purchase iMO. This game could easily have been an update disk......

On a second point this is a public forum, I can state whatever I want. If you get upset about what people post then to bad. If your only intention was to have people look you up, then this post is worthless and should be closed........

http://www.u-neak.com/signs/Sign%20Images/finger_have_a_nice_day.gif

Jamo
10-27-2004, 12:00 PM
*Sigh* And you take what I said offensively. I should have expectd this.

You said it was a rehash of 3 we I have something to sya.

1)NO it isnt its a complete remake of 2 packed with extras notice I said remake not port!

2) Yes it may be a public forum. But my point in this thread was to get players who actually lke the game to play it. Not pointless as the game comes out soon And I want as many oponents as possible.

3)This goes in hand with two. Its a public forum right. I can post whatever I want.

4) SC2 bored me took it back within a week. BUT I gave it a shot. DEF Jam isnt my style. Not into that sort of thing.

5)I'm done here. I have nothing more to say. I meant no disrespect to anyone. Nor do I wish to ever. I'm just not wanting to get into ANOTHER SC vs. DOA argument and I think everyone wll agree with me.

6) I have a right to defend my fav. series and get offenssive.

Good Bye.

Last chance people Im not coming back! You want me to add your gamertag post today!

Spaztic
10-27-2004, 12:17 PM
fair enough..... :whistle:

Jamo
10-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Sorry just upset over the one last day delay. Shipping problems you know. Im not really going anywhwere.

Anyways DOAU has been getting good reviews so far from everyone. Although I haven't seen everyones reviews I saw both Gamespots and IGN's. Gamespot gave it a 8.7 and IGN gave it a 9.1. before anyone jumps to conclusions just read the reviews yourself. :p

Apologies for my strange reaction I just don't like arguments. Anyone else?

GuiltySpark
10-27-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm checkin this out tomorrow.....

LTM360
10-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Actually, im getting this tomorrow, go paychecks and getting tomorrow off! :cheers:

l Maximus l
10-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Sweet! Honestly, I wasn't planning on buying this game only because my mind and focus has been on Halo 2, but, I think I'm going to pick this up tomorrow. I really liked the DOA3 on XBox and DOA2 was sweet on the PoS2.

DOAU on XBL should be unbelievable. I will admit, I'm not the most bad ass player at this game...nothing like I am with Halo, but, I think it will be fun to lose to all my XBA brethren :D

No one can tell me that I don't care...I'm all about building up the self esteem of people that I crush when playing Halo 2 :D

LTM360
10-28-2004, 08:32 AM
No one can tell me that I don't care...I'm all about building up the self esteem of people that I crush when playing Halo 2 :D

That challenge to you I made in Halo 2 about 5 months ago is still in effect.
Would it kill your self-esteem if I crush you in both? :p

Jamo
10-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Also check out DOAUs official website! (56k warning!!)

http://www.microsoft.com/games/doau/stopGate.asp?r=M&t=http%3A//www.microsoft.com/games/doau/default.asp

YES 56k Warining!!!!

LTM360
10-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Been playing it for the past 2 hours, and it's not bad, not bad at all. The lag is somewhat a problem when someone enters/exits the game, but other than that no problem at all. When there is lag though, even the littlest amount, you can tell, the framerate is so rediculously smooth. :)

I havn't played the DOAU1 yet (remake of DOA1), I probably won't actually. But, it'll be worth poppin in the ol' Xbox eventually.

severd hed
10-28-2004, 10:06 PM
i picked it up tonight..and it is alot of fun. the DOA1 remake looks better and runs smoother than it did on the playstation. it looks old..but it is still fun(and it still has the "bouncing breasts" option in the options menu :D

the doa2 remake feels like a brand new game. the new levels are great..and the old levels are drastically different. it looks better than doa3 and it has tons of unlockables. i played for about an hour or so tonight and unlocked 10 new outfits for kasumi.

i havent played it on Live yet..because i am not a big online gaming fan..but the offline is good.

if you liked any of the other doa games..you'll like this one. even if you already own DOA1 and 2 on other systems..it is still worth it...because they are that much better.

eskara
10-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Oh yes, the perks of having a NTSC xbox. Ebay have it for £20 (bid) Oooooo, might GTA and get that instead!

Casper
10-29-2004, 09:24 AM
I got it last night - DOA1 disk sucked, gonna try DOA2 right now before I decide I'm going to return this for Fifa - that's how unimpressed I was with DOA1. Like Shaggy said - should have been an expansion disk.

eskara
10-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Well....? Casper! Is it good or not! I might give up GTA for this!

Jamo
10-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Its not about Disc one!!! Disc 1 was something that Tecmo decided to include so that al DOA games will be on Xbox. DOA2 is where its all at!! zEverything has been redone and fine tuned. There are tons of outfits that need to be unlockedd , and ons of people to play online! Plus with the pretty new intro that sheds new light on the story and the sharp game graphics, asolutley BEAUTIFUL and AWE inspiring levels (22 levels by my count) It is a definate buy and wel worth your time!!

severd hed
10-29-2004, 11:58 AM
yeah, dont judge the game by DOA1. it is there for novelty. (like how MK1 was included with deception). Doa2 is well worth it...although you can hardly call it doa2...it is so different.

the only thing i dont like about the game is the horrible boss battle. what is it with team ninja..they make a great fighting game, and then put in some horrible, ridiculous boss battle that takes the fun out of it. DOA 2 is like that, and so was DOA3. I dont know about you guys, but fighting some ridiculous looking enemy, with a bunch of retarded attacks, all while your vision is blurry...just isnt much fun.

other than that, the game rocks

LTM360
10-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Casper, you fool. Don't even bother with Disk 1. Here's a hint, go buy DOA: Ultimate, then open it in front of the counter, and trade the unopen copy of DOA 1 to EBGames. (its packaged exactly like GTA: Double Pack)

Unless you're like me, and just want all the DOAs on Xbox.

Casper
10-30-2004, 01:02 AM
I'm 6-10 so far on DOA - the guys I played tonight were dam good. I'm keeping this game, bottom line - it's basically, in someone's eyes who never played DOA1 or 2, DOA 3 online with new maps, minus Christie or Brad Wong (my favorite fighter due to the drunken style).

Regardless, the 'wait until it's your turn' gameplay on XBL - winner stays on - is awesome, just like your in the arcade. You want some? Let's roll.

eskara
10-30-2004, 04:13 AM
Thats it, ordering of of eBay. Play you lot when it comes :D

ThaWatcher
11-01-2004, 10:51 AM
The online play is absolutely garbage! There is way too much waiting....Offline, there aren't too many games that can touch this one graphically!! The 1st time I knocked someone off of a ledge or through something, my jaw dropped!! This game is absolutely incredible---but don't buy it if you're looking for good online play....

Casper
11-01-2004, 10:53 AM
The online play is absolutely garbage! There is way too much waiting....Offline, there aren't too many games that can touch this one graphically!! The 1st time I knocked someone off of a ledge or through something, my jaw dropped!! This game is absolutely incredible---but don't buy it if you're looking for good online play....
If it's too much waiting, don't go into a game that is Winner Stays, then lose, and have to wait for 8 people. Find a smaller game, or get better, or choose a different gametype - but get better, that usually helps.

LTM is one of the best I've seen from this site so far - I'm shocked :D

l Maximus l
11-01-2004, 05:34 PM
I picked this game up, too. This game looks amazing in high def...one of the cleanest looking games I've seen. It's hard to say who is my favorite fighter...I have a few so far.

LTM360
11-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Why thank you Casper. :)

You and Brother R.J. want another serving?

l Maximus l
11-01-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm decent with DOAU, though, I am positive, at this point, I probably couldn't hold a candle to LTM just by the sounds of it.

Of course, I wouldn't say the same about Halo ;)

Brevity
11-01-2004, 07:07 PM
This is the online one right? If so I will atleast rent it, bet its good for a days worth of fun.

l Maximus l
11-01-2004, 08:56 PM
This is the online one right? If so I will atleast rent it, bet its good for a days worth of fun.

So far, I've played it for a few days...good times and lots of jigglies :D

Casper
11-02-2004, 08:24 AM
FYI - Disk 1 and 2 when played online are both the same. This way, if you buy the real game, give a friend Disk 1 so you can play each other on Live without having to buy another copy.

LTM360
11-02-2004, 08:32 AM
couldn't hold a candle to LTM just by the sounds of it.

Of course, I wouldn't say the same about Halo ;)

Oh-ho-ho... we shall see Max... we shall see. :p

Dark Enemy
11-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Why thank you Casper. :)

You and Brother R.J. want another serving?

Uh oh. Brother Ltm is challenging tha RJ. Wanna lose to my 1337 skillz again? :p

Jamo
11-02-2004, 03:52 PM
I want to fight someone here. Someone add me to a their friends list and Ill fight next time I se you o. Anyone. :p

l Maximus l
11-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Oh-ho-ho... we shall see Max... we shall see. :p

bwahaha...so true.

Just so you know, I won't ever claim that I will kick your ass in Halo 2, but, as you know that playing any ridiculously skilled Halo gamer, the game can atleast be a close one.

I don't claim that I'm the best Halo player on the planet, but, I do know I have some skills...I practically play the game every other day. Halo 2 is going to feel wierd without the pistol at first...

LTM360
11-02-2004, 06:21 PM
I've played Halo fanatics... and I got absolutely destroyed (mind you my 3 buddies wern't the best, and they changed the rules...)

I like to just talk trash, I was good at DOA 3 in compairison to my friends, and my rank is an A- in DOA U now. :)
I bring that up because I slaughter my friends at Halo.

Halo Fanatics I played: "We don't play Xbox, we play Halo."

l Maximus l
11-02-2004, 10:37 PM
LTM...they're n00bs if you slaughter them. I would classify my self as a pro and if I play a true pro, it's definately not a slaughter.

I can't wait for 2v2v2v2 matches...it's going to be sick...