PDA

View Full Version : ┐remember the good old days(halo)┐

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 06:41 PM
so wasnt it fun to play halo on easy for the first time and not being able to pass the first levels without co-op....so i am wondering what difficulty people will start on for halo 2┐ i hear legendary is brutal this year. way harder

BananaMan
10-27-2004, 06:42 PM
i don't recall.

ib4tl!!!!!

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 06:46 PM
hey do u know what happened to my thread play as elit..i cant find it any more

LiquidX
10-27-2004, 06:49 PM
hey do u know what happened to my thread play as elit..i cant find it any more

You suck at teh internet!!!

And if you had problems playing Halo on easy... your not worthy or holding an Xbox controller.

(FYI, your old thread is where this one should be... the HALO forum!)

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 06:54 PM
holly!!!!!!!!!!!? aim new to all this and i bet you were no halo master the first time you played so whatever

LiquidX
10-27-2004, 06:57 PM
holly!!!!!!!!!!!? aim new to all this and i bet you were no halo master the first time you played so whatever

I wasnt a master, but I sure as hell didnt start on easy. Played normal my first time through and it took me a little under a week.

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 07:01 PM
wow....clay hands award to you for being so brave lol just kidding

Floodman
10-27-2004, 07:03 PM
so wasnt it fun to play halo on easy for the first time and not being able to pass the first levels without co-op....so i am wondering what difficulty people will start on for halo 2┐ i hear legendary is brutal this year. way harder
No, I don't remember playing halo on easy for the first time and not being able to pass the first levels without co-op...┐?┐

LTM360
10-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Never played Halo, or any game for that matter on 'easy' so I don't recall that. :p

First time I played Halo about 10 minutes into it I called my neighbor and he came over and we played it the next 3 days non-stop. Good Times. I plan on playing Halo 2 through by myself though, "Sweet, now I can go play with myself." - South Park.

CarGuy
10-27-2004, 09:34 PM
I hope this guys upside down ?'s don't catch on. Or do I?

skorp
10-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Welcome aboard clayschinbein9!

I don't know... I feel guilty if I played a game on easy. It just won't be official when you beat the game. As for Halo┐... oops... ? I believe I started on normal.

Halo2... Maybe something higher like Heroic or Legendary since my gf is a "Halo" fanatic and I know we both want to play it badly ASAP... So we might have to go co-op when we first pop it in.

:cheers:

Unknown Spartan
10-27-2004, 10:09 PM

I didnt even bother playing it on easy because its for ppl who dont know how to play a video and are "inexperinced".Because they suck and should never be able to hold any system of any kind in there possesion/hands/tentacles if they have any.

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 10:16 PM
lol i hope my "┐" do catch on┐. call it the schinbein mark i will. thats cool that every one plays different. if we all played the same id would be outrageously uncool!

Unknown Spartan
10-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Still whats even the use of playing Halo on easy when theres no fun or challenge in it unless you just bad at video games.

Koopa
10-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Still whats even the use of playing Halo on easy when theres no fun or challenge in it unless you just bad at video games.
sometimes i do it when i'm playing with complete and utter noobs....usually girls that don't know the L-trigger from the control stick...

and i can win using only melee :)

i like posting now because every time i do, i get to see that bad-ass sig of mine :yikes:

Unknown Spartan
10-27-2004, 10:36 PM
sometimes i do it when i'm playing with complete and utter noobs....usually girls that don't know the L-trigger from the control stick...

and i can win using only melee :)

i like posting now because every time i do, i get to see that bad-ass sig of mine :yikes:

Well if your playing with utter noobs thats ok but what this other guy is saying is crazy talk.Playing on easy my A$$.NOOB a.k.a clay.

l Maximus l
10-27-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm very likely going to play Halo 2 starting on Legendary mode...but, I'll play Co-op because I have a buddy that is just as a Halo die-hard as I am....Too bad it won't be on XBL, but, there is always split screen on the same XBox...besides, we know when to take breaks to grab another cold beer :D

Unknown Spartan
10-27-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm very likely going to play Halo 2 starting on Legendary mode...but, I'll play Co-op because I have a buddy that is just as a Halo die-hard as I am....Too bad it won't be on XBL, but, there is always split screen on the same XBox...besides, we know when to take breaks to grab another cold beer :D

Im gonna start it on legendary to.Did you already pre-oreder Halo 2 LE.I pre-ordered mine in like aguast or september.

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 10:47 PM
i dont play on EASY you idiots out there...i said remember when you did the first time you played or didnt i dont care any more....most people on here who reply are just tryin to make them selves cool b/c no one acctually knows them....so lay off the "this guy sucks" remark its not what i meant...$hit ppl

Unknown Spartan
10-27-2004, 10:52 PM
i dont play on EASY you idiots out there...i said remember when you did the first time you played or didnt i dont care any more....most people on here who reply are just tryin to make them selves cool b/c no one acctually knows them....so lay off the "this guy sucks" remark its not what i meant...$hit ppl

Your still a internet NOOB cant even make your own avatar how pethetic.Wow you play on normal im shocked and amazed all at once and sort of cofused.

E Nomini Patri
10-27-2004, 10:54 PM
I played on Easy my first time through because Normal was too hard for me. Halo was my first FPS besides Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and Xbox is the first console I have ever owned.

Play against me sometime and you will see how far I have come since then. ;)

Unknown Spartan
10-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I played on Easy my first time through because Normal was too hard for me. Halo was my first FPS besides Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and Xbox is the first console I have ever owned.

Play against me sometime and you will see how far I have come since then. ;)

Sure id face you if i had dsl for my Halo for pc.But i dont have DSL and it sucks ass.If i had it i would go against you or maybe if i get DSL and Xbox Live ill go against you in Halo 2 sound fair.

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 11:20 PM
ohh my good.....some people dont get it ...all i was doing was asking a question not making a statement! quite with the dam noob **** and just answer the question

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 11:22 PM
zero flaw- your what iam talkin about..you answered my question and didnt start with the noob and you suck $hit...thank you i hope more people will post like you
thanx

themoosearmy
10-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Your still a internet NOOB cant even make your own avatar how pethetic.Wow you play on normal im shocked and amazed all at once and sort of cofused.
Let up on the guy yeesh, maybe he doesn't care if he has a cool avatar or not, I mean your sig is so damn original.

Btw, yes, I do remember playing campaign for the first time (but not on easy). I'll be starting Halo 2 on Heroic, and then Legendary. I don't want to get frustrated at first. It will be my "project."

CMX Jedi
10-28-2004, 12:12 AM
yep i remember those days :) i started on EZ and i beat it in 3 days.
and unknown spartan 500 X 250

Variation-XBA
10-28-2004, 02:53 AM
So apparently LEO has a brother or something and learned how to use the internet? :P

┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐┐

Reclaimer
10-28-2004, 03:44 AM

Let me get this straight.
A new guy, calling another new guy a noob, yet you roll in here with a sig that violates our size limit rule.

Anyway, drop it. Get off it. Let it go. Everyone is new here at some point. Even Maximus with his 12000 posts was a noob here at some time... ages ago.

We wouldn't have members if we kept driving out the new people. So relax and give them time to get into the swing here at XBA.
This is my last and only comment regarding this. Hopefully we can act like mature people and I won't have to say another word about this.

BananaMan
10-28-2004, 06:27 AM
you might've made your avatar, but i sure wouldn't use it. ;)

wbio
10-28-2004, 06:51 AM
you might've made your avatar, but i sure wouldn't use it. ;)
PWNED

Anyways, yea, I remeber playing the first few levels on easy, but then I decided to play on Normal because Easy was, well, easy. I'll start Halo 2 playing on Normal.

SoundX
10-28-2004, 06:58 AM
I started on Normal and beat it in four days. Then I went for Heroic which was a challenge, that's when I learnt to use the Pistol. On Normal I just used the Assualt Rifle, which was fine, but for higher difficulty it was headshots galore.

All always remember my first Golden Elite kill on Heroic, it was on Assualt on the Control Room, on a bridge, I opened the door and it jumped out at me, I legged it back to a stump on the bridge and climbed up, it tried to launch up at me again and I gave it a quick melee to the head just as it reached me, instant kill. :cheers:

Ahh, good times. :)

I completed Easy after Legendary, just so I could have all the icons on the level select screen.

StudioAlex
10-28-2004, 09:18 AM
My buddy and I were playing some coop legendary last night and found a new, more challenging way to play the game (new for us, anyway). Get the marines against you as soon as you can in each level to make for a double threat. Spartans vs Humans vs covenant. Those little jerks are good with those snipers. Obviously it doesn't work on Truth and Reconciliation.

I'm sure some other internet genius out there figured this out ages ago, but I was happy to find something new in the game after three years.

Speaking of old memories, I don't think I'll ever forget the first time I boarded the T&R and those invisible swordsmen busted out and were killing my guys and I had no idea wtf was going on. It felt like a great movie sequence out of aliens or something. Good stuff.

I can not wait for halo 2.

I completed Easy after Legendary, just so I could have all the icons on the level select screen.

Well, that was a bunch of wasted time because you don't get any icons for easy, do you? Homer nod. D'oh!

Whoopage
10-28-2004, 09:45 AM

OMG!!!111!!!!11

YOU TOOK A PICTURE OF MC AND USED PAINT TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT!!!11!!!11

yOu aRe So uBeR 1337 WITH tEh gRAFX!111111111111111! R0xx0rz!1!!11!!!

Seriously dude, lay off the kid. He is just trying to get some input from people. At least he posts stuff thats worth reading.

Back to the topic at hand:

My first time through the original I played with Xtopia on Heroic, we beat the game that same day. Since then I have gone through on every mode and now always on Legendary. Which is probably how I will start out on Halo 2.

And welcome to the site clayschinbein9.

SoundX
10-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Well, that was a bunch of wasted time because you don't get any icons for easy, do you? Homer nod. D'oh!

Yup, :cuss:

No Fear 23
10-28-2004, 10:19 AM
I started of with normal. it wasnt easy for me bc i was always dieing, but i still held onto normal. after i beat it on normal, i went to easy to see the difference. it was so easy, beat it in a day. then i went onto heroic, it was challenging too, especially on legendary. then beating legendary was one of the greatest accomplishments i ever had in video games.

now 2 years later, playing on legendary is like playing on normal for me.

i will prolly start off on normal for halo 2 so i can go by as fast as i can then play multiplayer. after a while i will play campaign again to explore and take my time.

themoosearmy
10-28-2004, 12:20 PM
PWNED

Anyways, yea, I remeber playing the first few levels on easy, but then I decided to play on Normal because Easy was, well, easy. I'll start Halo 2 playing on Normal.
On easy the Elites with the swords can't even kill you with one hit.

Btw wbio, nice sig ;)

Unknown Spartan
10-28-2004, 03:43 PM
When first rented the game when it first came out i played it on normal and heroic cause i didnt want to play on easy cause well its to easy.Dont be making cracker jokes about me either.

eskara
10-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey when I FIRST played halo it was hard... Well on heroic anyway (throught I would start it on hard :whistle: ) Playing it through in co-op was good practice though, after clocking it, it was a breeze on my own. Then I clocked it on legendary :)

Unknown Spartan
10-28-2004, 03:59 PM
I wanna get my avatar better lookin but i dont have photoshop it sucks.

E Nomini Patri
10-28-2004, 06:42 PM
My buddy and I were playing some coop legendary last night and found a new, more challenging way to play the game (new for us, anyway). Get the marines against you as soon as you can in each level to make for a double threat. Spartans vs Humans vs covenant.

Yeah dude, it is fun doing stuff like that! Here's a picture that I took back in April 03 that will confound you...

http://sectionthree.forerunners.org/other/sarge.jpg

TOTTEN
10-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Yeah dude, it is fun doing stuff like that! Here's a picture that I took back in April 03 that will confound you...

http://sectionthree.forerunners.org/other/sarge.jpg
Two sargent johnsons :hump:
thats awsome

LiquidX
10-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Two sargent johnsons :hump:
thats awsome

Im glad you said sargent. :yikes:

StudioAlex
10-28-2004, 07:17 PM
What level is that? I think I remember pulling that off on assault on the control room. I believe there are two Sgt. Johnson led squads on that level.

E Nomini Patri
10-29-2004, 05:57 PM
The level "Halo." ;)

Whizard97
10-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah I remember popping in HALO 1 the VERY FIRST TIME.... Almost like having sex the very first time... well maybe that's not such a good analogy...

But anyways... I sure remember tossing a grenade at some grunts on the ship and laughing when they yelled "GRENADE!" and ran... The first time I stuck a plasma grenade on a grunt he ran back to his mates yelling "GET IT OFF ME!!!" and even I was rolling on the floor when the grenade exploded, killing him and taking out his party...

The intense battles with hunters and elites, the spookiness of the flood... I'm going to start playing Halo 1 through again tonight... freshen up my skills.. :)