PDA

View Full Version : People try to hard

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 07:16 PM
some people these days just try to hard to beat games as fast as they can, fable for example, ive read is beaten in about 13-15 hours i am no were near that(and if your going to post about how i must suck then dont bother) more games should relax and enjoy the game to its full potential(any game even big-rigs and pulse racer) :whistle:
ii never have never really rushed a game and its alot more fun. you get to enjoy it and play it longer if it has a lack of replay value :)

LTM360
10-27-2004, 07:31 PM
I don't rush. I just play the game alot in a short amount of time. I don't see how you can 'rush' through a game with the exception of Fable and Grand Theft Auto's. I play a game for a story, so I don't bother killing people mindlessly, or finding hidden packages. Fable took me 9 hours, and it was about 10 hours too short for an RPG of its calibur. And, there are games that under no circumstances be enjoyed i.e. Bruce Lee, & Kabuki Warriors. I also do play games alot to get them done now, because theres alot of story based games comming out that I want to concentrate on (Halo 2, Metal Gear Solid 3) and I don't want multiple stories going on at once. The story in a game makes or breaks the game for me. Which is why I dislike Vice City and San Andreas so much, their stories are so rediculously lackluster, it's also the reason I like Final Fantasy so much.

ANYWAYS... I don't rush, but I dont do side stuff either.

clayschinbein9
10-27-2004, 07:36 PM
thats cool if you play like that just some people like to make fun of me and others about taking so long ,thats all!

Brevity
10-27-2004, 07:56 PM
On some games and some game types I try to beat them as fast as possible. I do this for many reasons.

I have all the systems and can get any games I want so I feel pushed to get one game out of the way to make room for another. I dont mean like room as in space but I tend to not play but a few games at once.

I often just want to hear or see the story out, I do this when I read certain types of books too.

Also there are some types of games that truly encourage this by making things (maps, guns, game types) available only when a game is beat. Ghost Recon was this way and I beat the whole game in 3 hours or so.

Finally I am very competitive so I like being able to brag to a friend “ oh ya well I beat it in only x hours” to which he says something like “well I could have beat it that fast but I to study for a test” or what not. But then next time he may beat my time and of course he can brag about this knowing that many if not most games record your play time and if I wanted to try and disprove him I could check.

ShannonX
10-27-2004, 08:23 PM
hell, fable was REALLY short, I did the stuff that mattered to me (owning houses and crap like that i had no interest in). I beat every single core quest and all but 3 or 4 side quest in less than 9 hours. Plus I was maxed out in several attack spells, all my skill attributes and all my strength (cant remember what they are, i finished the game like 3 weeks ago), BEFORE i played the final fight. If you are halfway decent and know how to take out the enemies quickly (good bow skils come in very handy, as well as a strong magic attack spell) you can mow right through enemies with no problems at all, wont even slow you down.

No Fear 23
10-27-2004, 08:41 PM
igave it up after 4 hours. didnt interest me.

i tried hard to play it again, but meh. :watchout:

skorp
10-27-2004, 09:40 PM
RPG's are the only games I take my time with.... Of course to enjoy and experience everything possible that's provided in the game... :D

I think it took me almost 30hrs (in Fable) by the time I finished it. I got all the weapons... Finished all the Quest including side quest... married and :hump: at least one woman in each town. Owned a handfull of houses and shops.... Killed every....

hehee... Anyway, It was fun while it lasted... :D

Rochey69r
10-27-2004, 10:15 PM
some people these days just try to hard to beat games as fast as they can, fable for example, ive read is beaten in about 13-15 hours i am no were near that(and if your going to post about how i must suck then dont bother) more games should relax and enjoy the game to its full potential(any game even big-rigs and pulse racer) :whistle:
ii never have never really rushed a game and its alot more fun. you get to enjoy it and play it longer if it has a lack of replay value :)

agreed 100%. give this guy a break. in other threads when he offers his experience of playing halo on easy for the first time ppl here are flaming him. So what. Just because he might not be as 'hardcore' a gamer as some of us gives you no right to flame him. Its his Xbox, his game, his decision. If he wants to play halo on easy for the first time then good on him :cheers:

good on you mate! i havnt personally played fable but im with you...enjoy the game dont rush through it so u can say u did it in under X ammount of hours.

stormin4
10-28-2004, 09:22 AM
I agree with Rochey and Clay, unfortunately, you know that there will be a competition for people to be the "first" to finish the campaign in Halo 2 (or any other new game) and then post how cool and studly they are. It's their loss if they have to rush through the game they waited three years for and finish it in two days. I like to take my time, enjoy the game and soak it ALL in.

Max33
10-28-2004, 12:57 PM
It all depends on the game...if it's a quality game I like to take my time,but if it has lack luster game play and/or a weak story, I tend to plow on thru.

No Fear 23
10-28-2004, 01:10 PM
well, i am gona rush through halo 2 campaign so i can play multiplayer, plus to avoid any spoilers as well. After a while, i will settle down and take my time to enjoy the single player.

clayschinbein9
10-28-2004, 04:50 PM
thank you to those out there who agree and acctuly read my forims properly i appreciate it

Cruise438
10-28-2004, 06:05 PM
It's your game, it's your entertainment and you can do whatever you like. I will take a lot of time if a game really intrigues me. I played Morrowind for over 3 months and I still didn't complete everything. Same with a sports title. I've been playing Kingdom Under Fire for about 10 days but Fable only kept me interested for about 4 days. I only played about 2-3 hours per session and when it was over I felt there was no need to continue.

Variation-XBA
10-28-2004, 11:38 PM
I can't rush through games cause I'm one of those people that NEED to get 100% on everything >_<

dances with broom sticks
10-28-2004, 11:54 PM
I can't rush through games cause I'm one of those people that NEED to get 100% on everything >_<

I have this disease as well... Depending on the game I will play through quickly once and then go back to and start my 100% quest (this is mostly RPGs, and ones with really dumb things like hidden packages in gta). Games like mario 64 and donkey kong, tony hawk, etc, I always get 100% on each level before I move on (unless its not possible and you need to come back to it)

Variation-XBA
10-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Games like mario 64 and donkey kong, tony hawk, etc, I always get 100% on each level before I move on

Same.... and GAPS on Tony make me cry.... >_<

Rochey69r
10-29-2004, 12:48 AM
Same.... and GAPS on Tony make me cry.... >_<

OMG!! i know exactly what u mean.

i heard on one site that if u do all gaps in THUG 1...u unlock a bunch of pedestrians and all the members of KISS. not just gene simmons. seemed like a lie, can anyone confirm?