PDA

View Full Version : I got LIVE!!! WHAHAWHHW :)

odpr
10-29-2004, 08:16 AM
ok, I got it! hooked it and went to play , but..:(
no one is live..

I tried Project gothem... no one there...
I tired splinter cell, there was only two people..

What u guys play ?

Does someone want to play Project gothem ?
I am dying to play it l;ve!!

bye

Odpr.

eskara
10-29-2004, 08:25 AM
PGR2 and mechassult for the time being. Add me on live: eskara. I would be happy to beat you :) lol, joking

severd hed
10-29-2004, 11:52 AM
i dont know about you guys..my i never play on live. none of my friends do either. i still have a live account, but havent used it in months. all of my friends decided not to renew theirs the last time it expired. i have been keeping it just for downloadable content..but it is about to expire again...and i really dont know if i will renew it. it just isnt any fun. playing games against total strangers just isnt my idea of fun. if i want to play a game, i want to do it with a few friends, preferably in the same room. whats the fun of trash talking if you dont run the risk of being hit for it?

im assuming halo 2 will have downloadable content..if it does, then i will probably renew..if not..then I really see no point in keeping it.

stormin4
10-29-2004, 11:57 AM
no one is live..

What u guys play ?

bye

Odpr.

There is a thread that lists everyone's live games and their gamertags. You might want to go check that out when you get a chance.

mattgame
10-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Add me, would you like an ESPN football ass whuppin? I have some available.

Spaztic
10-29-2004, 12:16 PM
I personally don't like playing online because I have friends that will come over and play on my system with me. Just not my cup of tea.

Variation-XBA
10-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Lately, only been playin Burnout3 online

bretman1234
10-29-2004, 01:34 PM
no one is live..

What u guys play ?

bye

Odpr.
One of the reasons nobody is on is probably that you are located in Israel, so when you are playing in the afternoon, its really early in the morning in America.

odpr
10-29-2004, 02:02 PM
i dont know about you guys..my i never play on live. none of my friends do either. i still have a live account, but havent used it in months. all of my friends decided not to renew theirs the last time it expired. i have been keeping it just for downloadable content..but it is about to expire again...and i really dont know if i will renew it. it just isnt any fun. playing games against total strangers just isnt my idea of fun. if i want to play a game, i want to do it with a few friends, preferably in the same room. whats the fun of trash talking if you dont run the risk of being hit for it?

im assuming halo 2 will have downloadable content..if it does, then i will probably renew..if not..then I really see no point in keeping it.

THIS IS all THE FUN!!!

First of all what the fun in playing in split screens? playing four on the same screen is absurd..

Second playing against other people that u don't have any Idea if they are good or bad at that game, going to race somebody with maybe skills equal to yours ? or even better...
it's a real thrill!

What is the fun in playing over and over with the same people?

And even with the same people ., isnt that fun that you can play toghter teams against other, and sit comterbly each one in his house?

I guess you are in minority in the word because every one is liking it..

Rhiannon
10-29-2004, 05:56 PM
I am still undecided about getting Xbox live. I have heard of an issue with lag, teenage perverts and teenage attitudes. Plus I do most of my online gaming on the pc, I am not sure how I would take the convesion to Xbox live. I have yet to hear very positive things about it.

severd hed
10-29-2004, 06:04 PM
im not the only one...most of my friends feel the same way. and the few times i did play online, there was always one or two idiots who ruin the game. be it by annoying voice masks, blasting bon jovi in the background loud enough it comes over the head set, or just being cheap.

i have about 3 friends i play games with. tow of them have large TVs.(one has a 55", and the other has a 65" wide screen HDTV) and i have a projector...a 70" screen split 4 ways is still 35" each. so it is plenty of fun.

LTM360
10-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Rhiannon, not every teen is a perv (im not), and you can always mute people. Certain games suffer from lag it seems, so check with other people before buying a game stricktly for Xbox Live. Dead Or Alive: Ultimate suffers from a bit of lag, but I've noticed today wasn't as bad. Games like Rainbow Six 3 have almost no lag at all. It's all just a matter of the host, and people knowing how many they can host.

odpr, I've numerous live games, except the ones you've got. :(
When you get Burnout 3, Dead or Alive Ultimate, and/or Halo 2 lemme know. :)

GMRTag is LTM360

Rhiannon
10-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Rhiannon, not every teen is a perv (im not), and you can always mute people. Certain games suffer from lag it seems, so check with other people before buying a game stricktly for Xbox Live. Dead Or Alive: Ultimate suffers from a bit of lag, but I've noticed today wasn't as bad. Games like Rainbow Six 3 have almost no lag at all. It's all just a matter of the host, and people knowing how many they can host.

odpr, I've numerous live games, except the ones you've got. :(
When you get Burnout 3, Dead or Alive Ultimate, and/or Halo 2 lemme know. :)

GMRTag is LTM360lol
take no offense to my post. I am not implying that any teen is or is not a perv, nor anyone from this board. I was just relaying the fact that is what I have been told, by numerous people. I understand the mute option. My decision is still undecided because of Xbox live gaming versus pc online gaming. So far I have been advised that pc online gaming is better in quality(lag wise) and better moderated. Thats all :cheers:

rpgreligion
10-29-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm stilling living in the world of 56k. :(

At least Halo 2 will allow guests on your account..I'll be playing at one of my friend's houses from time time.

LTM360
10-29-2004, 10:47 PM
So far I have been advised that pc online gaming is better in quality(lag wise) and better moderated.

I wasn't offened, just offering tips if you didn't know of certain things, come on, join the cult, I mean Xbox Live. :D

As for that statement, quality on PC gaming, definately. Better Moderated, I'd have to disagree. Nothing better than reporting someone for fun, and turns out they've been reported before and they lose their connection to XBL for 3 months. Not that I've done that before. :)

Rhiannon
10-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Well as I said I am still kicking the idea back and forth. The final decision will probably be made by my better half. Since he is the Xbox hog...... I would not mind playing a few FPS on live. Time will tell and we will see.

eskara
10-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Yeah, the novelty of live has began to wear out. Its exciting at first, seeing as now you can play against people who are half decent (little brothers with GBAs don't cut it). Then it gets boring, and not the idea of playing some teenage jackass is becoming more like a chore. Don't get me wrong, there are still times when I go on live and have a good time and all, but being able to hit the winner of a game who is sitting next to you is more appealing. The lame thing about live, especially PGR is that you have to search for a while for a room where people are going to behave themselves, and you know you can chat away and know that there isnt going to be some self-important ass who critisizes everyone. Yesterday some kid who sounded like he was 10 started having ago at me for choosing an Enzo! He was using the Merc that you unlock at the end and everytime I crashed he laughed and made a snide comment. Then I snapped and started shouting at him then he didnt say anything. Then HE got booted from the game LOL. Oh Halo 2 where art thou ma saviour :hail: Anyone want a game of PGR? lol.

Duke
10-30-2004, 11:52 AM
All teenagers are pervs.

I definitely don't play live as much as I used to, but then it comes and goes w/ the games. Yeah, the novelty wears off, but it's not that expensive, and when there's a new game out or you just feel like playing, there are always people around. I still like to play SP, but live is really where it's at.

Rhiannon
10-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Well my hubby likes the idea of PGR2 on live, so he can race with the TVR he is so addicted to. I am not a fan of racing games more of and rpg and adventure fan. How many RPGs are on live? I am not talking about live enabled updates either. That would be something to heavily influence our decision.

Duke
10-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Unfortunately, none. If you're looking for online RPG's, then wait until Xbox 2.

It's a damn shame, but it is what it is.

CMX Jedi
10-30-2004, 12:28 PM
i stoped playing xbl when all my games just stoped being fun. :(
but on the 9th its going to be used constently

Xer0Mercy
10-31-2004, 01:11 AM
I just got XBL Thursday. The only game that's XBL enabled that I own is Madden 2005, which is downright awesome to play online. I love it. I've played like 12 games in 2 days.

If anyone wants a game of Madden, my gamertag is Xer0Mercy

ShaDovV RyDer
10-31-2004, 08:25 AM
All teenagers are pervs.

Hater :cry:

But um ya...I think one problem is, like someone alrdy mentioned, You are in Israel and the times for the USA and Israel are completly different and I bet most normal people are asleep when you are looking for a game...another problem is you kind of gotta keep up to date with what games are "hip"...I mean PGR2 is great and all but its kind of old and I only have 2 diehard friends on my friends list that still go play PGR2 and even they don't play it so much any more...if you were to get a game like say R63: BA you will always find people to play with because its what a majority of XBL users are playin right now while waiting for Halo2...neways welcome to LIVE and I hope to pwn you sometime on Halo2...If you want to play Splinter Cell instead since H2 isn't out yet just add my GMERtag = Rabid Carrot

odpr
10-31-2004, 09:51 AM
What I hjope is that games will start have modes like cooperative that can be played in live, right now it's look like every game is a death match, doesn't matter what it is, can be ghost recon ( never played it online , tell me how is it//)_ or splinter cell, I was playing it, and every one was killing evey one. like in doom very boring..

LTM360
10-31-2004, 10:41 AM
Ghost Recons and Rainbow Sixs have co-op, and they are very fun to play, assuming you find people who don't screw around alot.

LynxFX
10-31-2004, 03:35 PM
I've just been going back and forth with MS on trying to get my account cancelled. Apparently there is no way to have it automatically stop charging you after your paid year is up. If you don't cancel, they will charge your credit card for another full year! This happend to me last year even after I had bought another Live kit, at a reduced price, to use for my second year. So year 2 of Live cost me $85 and I used it maybe 4 times.

Now here's the kicker, if you call them up to have it cancelled, they pull the plug right then and there, and you are out the rest of the time you have already paid for! So in order to cancel and still get the full amount of time you agreed to and paid in full to, you have to cancel your account at 11:59PM on the final day your account is valid. How messed up is that?

I'm still working on the phone with them trying to get them to do it automatically after my account ends. It has almost come to cancelling my credit card so they can't even charge it anymore. Kill it at the source as they say.

I do want to try out Halo 2 on Live and since my account runs out at the end of Nov I should have plenty of time, but after that, no more paid Live service. Online gaming was free from the beginning, and should continue to be free. MS Live offers nothing I couldn't get before, and I spent $135 to let them try and prove me wrong. They didn't.

Rhiannon
11-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Can anyone fill me in about XBC is it worth it or does it suck? Because these problems Lynx has described, I do not wish to experience in aby way. So should I download xbox connect to avoid hassle, or is not worth it?

Spaztic
11-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Yeah the only game I would want to play online is halo2 and I will just use the xboxconnect software for free!

odpr
11-01-2004, 04:13 PM
correct me if I am wrong, but XBCOneect is through the PC, no ? and this is a major prob./.. legs, fall down of the PC..

NeedXboxLive
11-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey if anybody has a unwanted 2 month xbox live subscription, i would like to try live before i buy a starter kit, please email the code to me at frankjm@frontiernet.net. thanks!

Whisper
11-06-2004, 09:54 PM
I rarely play either, it seems no one bothers to still play older games. I guess everyone is rich enough but me to always buy the newest games.

You realise once Halo 2 is here, the other 99% of XBOX live games will be baron. They will just change the name of the thing to Halo Live

batman46st
11-07-2004, 09:52 AM
sup dudes... ive never had live... im about to get it for halo 2.... i dont wanna hear no one is gonna be online playing ill be so pissed... cause i really wanna blow up my xboxaddict buddies.. :)

jschelm
11-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I think what you guys that hate gaming on live are missing is a good group to play with. That is KEY to enjoying it. I have some friends from school, some friends from here, and a handful of people that I have met while playing online. If none of them are playing my gaming will probably be short lived that night. I will just bounce from room to room til I find a group of cool people, but when you do find that room, or your friends are online it is hours and hours of fun.

BananaMan
11-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Can anyone fill me in about XBC is it worth it or does it suck? Because these problems Lynx has described, I do not wish to experience in aby way. So should I download xbox connect to avoid hassle, or is not worth it?
Xbox Live is very much worth it, I've expeirenced no problems at all.

i love my live :hump: