PDA

View Full Version : *sniff* why can't the xbox have linux?

darianX
02-01-2002, 01:54 PM
After reading all the blah blah nonsense from the blockheads over at slashdot regarding the PS2 linux kit...I thought it would be interesting to find out how many xboxers would like to see and use an operating system on their beloved xbox. Personally, I think it's as silly as all get-go paying an extra $200 over the cost of the console just to say you have linux running on a game console.

I believe I'd be offended that someone thought I'd want to do something other than play games on my xbox because that's what it would made for.

What do other folks think?

jcroynhp
02-01-2002, 01:58 PM
I totally agree. Xbox=Games. If you want to play with Linux, build yourself a 300mhz, amd with 64mb of ram for about 300-400 bucks and have fun. Leave my Xbox alone!!!

Ninja Scroll
02-01-2002, 02:12 PM
WHAT!? Who da hell wants all that junk:eek:
We Xboxers are perfectly fine with are piece of wonderful non clustered trash!:D

DIE PoS2 OWNERS DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!;)

GokuX
02-01-2002, 02:16 PM
linXbox. I don't even bother running Linux on my PC, no way I'd go to the trouble of running it on my console.

sinizuh
02-01-2002, 02:25 PM
yes. Linux on the xbox. thats like ordering a BigMac at Burger King. you just can't do it.

but i would love to see a Web Browser on xbox. Microsoft said they don't see the need for one, but it wouldn't hurt just to have one. (since i use a family computer, i can't be on it all the time... but i can be on my xbox all the time...)

Hugh_Jass
02-01-2002, 03:23 PM
Linux on the XBOX is just too esoteric and impractical to be anything but a novelty.

Frostberg
02-01-2002, 08:32 PM
hmm well Id say a few things...
1. Xbox doesnt work exactly like a computer
2. Why would you want linux when you can play xbox games
3. You can get a linux box for cheaper than $300 because it doesnt cost much because you dont need the newest computer to run linux on...
4. Thats just silly!
5. It wouldnt work too good without a keyboard!