PDA

View Full Version : what time are you going to pick up your copy at midnite?

No Fear 23
11-02-2004, 02:29 PM
read the title.

i may get there at 930-10pm bc my local gamestop has over 300 preorders.

Yankeez
11-02-2004, 02:32 PM
12:25

CMX Jedi
11-02-2004, 02:32 PM
what time are you going to pick up your copy at midnite?
well if im picking it up at midnight, im picking it up at midnight.

PapaSKooT
11-02-2004, 02:35 PM
7:00-8:00

adamw19
11-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Going to Walmart at 6AM on the 9th.

iloveRPGs
11-02-2004, 02:43 PM
sometime the next afternoon :(

stormin4
11-02-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm thinking in the 10:00-10:30 PM range. My EB Games has 500+ pre-orders. I just hate the thought of waiting there for an hour and a half but I will try to bring something to do, oh and maybe a flask. Hopefully it will be a party atmosphere!

GuiltySpark
11-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Well the gamestop that I work at has a certain number of preoders that I can't say becuase it's confidential :) And I have some other super-secret info that I won't tell you hehehehe....

I'm working that day until midnight, because I'm only 16 (Damn you dad....) All of my coworkers get to work till 4 :rolleyes: So yeah, I'm pickin up my copy on my way out....

wbio
11-02-2004, 03:04 PM
I think I'm going around 10:30 to wait in line, I'll probably bring some music and a few cans of Mountain Dew. I wish I knew whether or not my EB was going to have 2 seperate lines, one for fully-paid preorders and one for ones that aren't. I've heard they're doing it at lots of EBs, I hope mine is the same, because that would make my line go much faster. I asked the guy who works at EB if there have been a lot of preorders, and he said there were, but I don't know what his definition of alot is. The city I live in is about 65,000 people, we only have 2 EBs, and no where else to preorder, the one I preordered at is the real busy one, the other gets hardly any traffic, can some of you that know the # of preorders tell me how many people live in your city and how many places are taking preorders so I can get a general idea? I was thinking about going in late to school the next morning so I could get some more sleep, but it sounds like we get 10 points extra test credit for doing some study in 1st period, so I can't miss that.

Yankeez
11-02-2004, 03:09 PM
the good thing is in my city we have like 4 ebgames and 4 gamestops within 10-12 miles :D

l Maximus l
11-02-2004, 03:33 PM
I'll be at mine at 9:00pm. At 10:00pm, the Gamecrazy I am going to is having a Halo 1 tournament...who knows, maybe it will be Halo 2!? :confused:

No one will be able to buy it until 12:01am, though...but, it's pretty sweet that there will be something to do to kill time rather than waiting outside in the cold. I expect it to be kinda crowded, though :(

Salmonaitor
11-02-2004, 03:35 PM
I don't know what to do...I never thought about this. I want to get it as close to midnight as possible, but my EB has over 300 preorders, and I don't want to look like an uber-geek lined up at 8pm to get a video game. I'm conflicted, damn you No Fuuuurrrrr!!!

stormin4
11-02-2004, 03:43 PM
I don't know what to do...I never thought about this. I want to get it as close to midnight as possible, but my EB has over 300 preorders, and I don't want to look like an uber-geek lined up at 8pm to get a video game. I'm conflicted, damn you No Fuuuurrrrr!!!

The only ones you will look like an uber-geek to is the other uber-geeks who are there with you. :)

My town is about 65,000 and as far as I know there is one Gamestop and one EB and my EB said theye will have two lines and give out numbers to people. I am trying to work them for more info. If the numbers are randomly assigned I won't have to get there so early. If not, may get there at 9:00 PM, get my early number and then head home for a couple hours?? :confused:

LiquidX
11-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Im going there right after school on Monday... so I'll get there about 3:15. My GameStop has a TV set up with a full version of Halo on it so I'll probably be playing that unless I can convince the guys there to let me play Halo 2 with them in the back. No matter what I WILL be the first in line. Unless someone shows up before 3:15, which I doubt.

Yankeez
11-02-2004, 04:20 PM
I asked the guy thats gonna be working there at midnight if i dont come at midnight to pick up the game will you be sold out, he said there will be more than enough, even after he showed me like 1 foot tall stack of pre order receipts :D

Bakeman
11-02-2004, 04:44 PM
I dont' get it....
If you preordered... the game is going to be there... what does it matter when you get there.

I would also like to ask the peeps that are going early. Please if you can take a pic when you get there (time stamp the pics please, most if not all cams do this), then every like 30 minutes or 1 hour so I can see all this fuss people are predicting.

I can probably stroll into my local GameCrazy whever I want and have no more then 10 peeps in front of me. I'll take my camera also if I end up going at midnight. I might just pick up my copy the next day on the way home from school.

super_ryu
11-02-2004, 04:50 PM
bah, i still have to pre-order :(
:) i'll probably get it on the weekend :P

Plewis
11-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I dont think I'm doin the midnight thing unless my mom decides to be really cool... which probably won't happen. Otherwise, I'm picking it up tuesday after school.

silvertrace
11-02-2004, 05:59 PM
my ebgames has been told by the fire marshall that it cannot allow all the people to stand around in anticipation of midnight because our store is in a mall...

we are required to go to the store before 9pm and pay the remainder of our balance if we havent already, and then we will be given a number...at midnight they will announce a few numbers at a time and those people will receive their copy...no transactions, just them passing out games....

thing is....sooner you show up and get your number, the sooner your number gets called at midnight...so i plan on going at 730-8pm to get in line for the 9pm number giveaway...

long story short, i'll be online playing halo around 1230am...i literally live 1mile from the mall..

lax_defense
11-02-2004, 06:29 PM
early the next morning. My eb can't open at midnight. The mall owner people wont let them.

MikeMan91389
11-02-2004, 06:55 PM
our place is handing out numbers at 8... so we're going, at like, 4, doin h/w chillin, and drinking.....mountain dew of course

Anthony4sho
11-02-2004, 07:07 PM
There will be no numbers given to me. I'm gettin my copy no later then 12:30, and if I don't, I'm raising three kinds of hell.

E Nomini Patri
11-02-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm going to Wal-Mart @ 7AM to pick it up. I will play it until I gotta go to skool. I will receive my LE in the mail at around 3PM so I can have that sit around I guess.

ScorpionX
11-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Picking it up after school at Gamestop

PapaSKooT
11-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Anyone know what Gamestop's midnight procedure will be?

maneatingcow
11-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Anyone know what Gamestop's midnight procedure will be?

I have heard nothing about Gamestop yet... If I were you I'd give them a call SOON. EB is allowing each of their stores to do as they please (Number system, Simple Line Up, Etc...). My local place is offering Midnight pickups for those who have PAID OFF THE GAME ONLY. Should make for a quick in/out.

Whisper
11-02-2004, 09:16 PM
10am to my blockbuster on the 9th.

CarGuy
11-02-2004, 09:40 PM
EB here is closing at 9 then reopening at 12am. I'll be der.

Rochey69r
11-03-2004, 01:45 AM
me and my bud have our LE's paid off for not to mention i also got a Prima guide for 20% off and a free xbox game wallet!

we were told to arrive bout 11:00pm so we are gonna get there bout 10:50pm and hopefully be outtof there fast with our stuff. i was first out of the store back when i got my xbox on launch at 12:01. i remmeber holding it up like a trophy and the 40-50 people cheering! YEH!!!

would be cool to be first out at my local ebgames....has over 600 preorders....id love to hold it up...'xbox gamers of Australia....we salute you!' haha

cant wait

Luigis_Angel930
11-03-2004, 12:28 PM
I don't know how many my EB has but it's tons so I'll probably have to be there really early. :( I start work at EB actually next month, the manager wanted me so badly to start for the Halo 2 event but I can't because of school. :( I worked there last summer and I can't wait to go back. I wish I was working for Halo 2, it'd be sweet!! :)

I'll probably drag my boyfriend out of bed to go with me, haha he won't be happy but o well. He's going to be playing it too so he should do something. :) haha. Can't wait.

dances with broom sticks
11-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Anyone know if any EBs in Canada are doing this? I can't find anywhere near me who is.

Of course I work until 12 that night, and its like a 15 or so minute drive from work to EB so I probably would have to wait until the morning anyway. I'll be there about half an hour before they open. This reminds me of what it was like back on Nov. 15th '01

Salmonaitor
11-03-2004, 01:37 PM
I went to my EB Games store last night and asked the manager what the proceedure was. He said that they were closing at 9pm, opening back up at 12:01am and staying open till the rush was over. EB head office told him to expect 30% of the preorders to come in for pick-up at midnight. Pre-orders go first to people who line up, and walk in sales get whatever is left over after the initial rush. He indicated that there were more than enough to cover his pre-orders, which stand now at 275. I'm gonna go between 11:30 and 12pm.

Whisper
11-03-2004, 01:50 PM
I wish my blockbuster was staying open at midnight.. i asked but they had no idea.. trainees..

Salmonaitor
11-03-2004, 01:57 PM
I wish my blockbuster was staying open at midnight.. i asked but they had no idea.. trainees..
Doesn't Blockbuster stay open to midnight anyways?

Xorg
11-03-2004, 02:01 PM
I'll probably go to my gamestop at 11

themoosearmy
11-03-2004, 04:41 PM
MY EB games as far as they knew last week will have a line and a security guard allowing 8 people in the store at once to pick up their game. I don't see a need to get their that early. If you preordered, you will have a copy and my EB games is only letting people who preordered do Midnite Madness.

dances with broom sticks
11-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Doesn't Blockbuster stay open to midnight anyways?

They do, but they close at midnight. In order to sell to people they would have to stay open past midnight. When I was working there they never stayed open for videogames, but did stay open late for big movies (LOTR).