PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast is the best system!!!!!

Jay
02-02-2002, 12:07 AM
! Your lucky all you XBOX people that Dreamcast is making Shenmue2 and Soul Calibur2 for you people!!! yousuck

GokuX
02-02-2002, 12:20 AM
Poor Dreamcast. RIP.

Xboxfan123
02-02-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Jay
! Your lucky all you XBOX people that Dreamcast is making Shenmue2 and Soul Calibur2 for you people!!! yousuck

The Dreamcast was a good system and it is too bad that it didn't make it. A friend of mine spent $1000 on his DC and games and sold it for $200 so I know what you are talking about but is it really the fault of the people here that to use your words "suck" ?

wizkid918
02-02-2002, 08:15 AM
just look at it as xbox is the new dreamcast... tell yourself whatever you have too, sega has gone the way of microsoft, you dont like it, tough rocks

monkeyman
02-02-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Poor Dreamcast. RIP.

yes i agree:( this thread is in memory of the dreamcast god bless its deer lil soul.......

BiohazardEHW
02-02-2002, 02:52 PM
RIP Dreamcrash :)

gula
02-02-2002, 03:04 PM
On http://www.gameswire.com/story.asp?key=1405:

Sega of Japan looks all set to blow the cobwebs off its Dreamcast plant, in order to re-start production of its formerly deceased console.

The move follows unexpectedly high demand for Dreamcast, and was preceded by Sega withdrawing thousands of units from the American market to be converted and shipped back to its home territory of Japan.

CRI, Sega`s manufacturing subsidiary has reported demand for Dreamcast almost on par with what it was this time last year. As a result, Sega has cranked up production and expects to have finished units in stores by February or March next year. Just in time to go head to head with Xbox.

It is good news, especially for Sega, that the multitudes have finally caught on to what a great console Dreamcast was, and the tons of top quality games it played host to. More rejuvenated Dreamcast news as we get it.

On http://psoplanet.com/ :

It seems the 'lil white machine that could isn't done yet! According to this story on Gameswire.com Sega of Japan has restarted production on the formerly deceased console. According to the report, demand for the Dreamcast in Japan is so high, that SOJ has restarted production of the Dreamcast and should have new units available by Febuary or March of next year.

This is some pretty amazing news. It looks like people have finally started to realize how great of a console the Dreamcast really is. It remains to be seen if this will lead to more consoles being available in the United States and Europe, for now the new systems will only be available in Japan. It does seem, however, that Sega may have given up on the Dreamcast a bit too soon. But keep in mind that this source has taken rumors as fact before they have really been checked. We'll keep you up to date with any new details as they arrive.

monkeyman
02-02-2002, 03:47 PM
the reason its selling so much is because it only cost 50 bucks if it was still at 100 it would still be dead

thunderkiss2k1
02-02-2002, 10:52 PM
I hate to break this to you, but Sega never intended to release Shenmue 2 in the US for the Dreamcast. They had already decided to stop production of the Dreamcast BEFORE the game came out. As for as Soul Calibur 2 is concerned, it was also never intended for the DC.

gula
02-03-2002, 01:08 PM
No responce to what I put? :confused:

AvedisZ
02-03-2002, 01:11 PM
You can still get one now for $50, PS is still $80 I think.

thunderkiss2k1
02-03-2002, 05:09 PM
According to more reliable sources than yours, Sega is not starting up production of the Dreamcast again. Peter Moore himself stated that Sega would be a software only company. Don't misunderstand me, i got my DC on the day it launched, and I really did hope it would succeed. But facts are facts: the Dreamcast is dead. It isn't coming back. Move on to a better platform, the XBOX.

Welrain
02-03-2002, 05:17 PM
It would be a stupid idea to restart production anyway.

There would be no way that they could manufacture the console and keep it at the $50 price point..which is precisly the reason people are buying it. So SEGA would gain nothing from producing the console again.

monkeyman
02-03-2002, 05:19 PM
why did dreamcast fail i mean it had all new cool thingys for it like going onto the internet were people just afraid of its beauty?

Welrain
02-03-2002, 05:26 PM
Thats a quesiton that SEGA staff probably ask themselves every morning while sobbing into their cornflakes.

It failed in the UK because

:- People were reluctant to buy a DC when you could get the more popular PS
:- Weak Retail Support
:- The Arrival of the PS2
:- Rubbish Advertising

SOVEREIGN2K2
02-03-2002, 08:55 PM
Well honestly i believed that the DREAMCAST had a shot at greatness, because it had the foward flow of the 2K series around its belt!..and we all know that we enjoyed NFL 2K-2K2, and NBA 2K-2K2. But as well all know it simply fell short within within the end of their first year!!...dam thats gotta hurt!
Personally i never owned a DREAMCAST because i though that it would do exactly what its doing now, gone outta business!!

so long live the memory, while it lasted:rolleyes:

R.I.P...TO THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE POOR MISGUIDED SOULS THAT WASTED $200 ON A NOBLE ATTEMTP OF SURVIVAL, ONLY TO HAVE TO PAWN/SELL THE CRAP FOR $40.

........A MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE ADDICTS..1..2..3..OOOOOOK THATS ENOUGH!!
..ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I(WE) HAVE THE XBOX!!!:)

JAH BLESS, ZEEN

-SOVEREIGN:mad:

Quest
02-03-2002, 09:12 PM
The dreamcast is still an excellent machine. As for u guys who want Shemue 2. Just go to EB and pick up the import version for $59. The game includes a boot up disc that can be used for all imports on ur american DC. Im quite pleased with it. In fact I ordered headhunter.