PDA

View Full Version : Castle Wolfenstein

Toonz
02-02-2002, 09:25 AM
I know its been out for a bit but I finally played Return To Castle Wolfenstein last night. I started out playing the single player game and while it was fun I did not see what all the hype was about and did not see why it got such great reviews. It got a 9 or greater everywhere I checked..................2 hours later however I tried online. All I can say is WoW :eek: WoW :eek: WoW :eek: Playing this game online is incredibly fun. I can hardly wait till this game arrives for Xbox now especially if it plays online. I read a bunch of XBA members were starting a HALO clan, if anyone starts a XBA Wolfenstein clan when it comes out count me in. This is definetly a game I have to add to my Xbox library

GokuX
02-02-2002, 09:58 AM
U have to progress a bit further into the single player before it becomes interesting enuf to make U wanna keep playing.

XBA Staff
02-02-2002, 10:07 AM
I own RTCW as-well and I never play Single Player. I spend all my time online.

Alec
02-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Single Player is awesome!! Have you guyz gotten to the super soliders? single player is extremely good and it takes skill..... maybe you guyz just aren't skilled enough ;)

XBA Staff
02-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Alec
Single Player is awesome!! Have you guyz gotten to the super soliders? single player is extremely good and it takes skill..... maybe you guyz just aren't skilled enough ;)

The thing I don't like about RTCW is it doesn't give you the option to use a Joystick or Controller, you just have to use the keyboard/mouse which gets fustrating.

Do you know a way where I can use a Joystick or Controller?

Toonz
02-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Single player is boring after you have played online. It has nothing to do with a lack of skill. I love the idea of the team based objectives. When you hook up with right combo of players and characters it can more addicting than crack. I have yet to play less than 5 hours at a time thus far. I can't walk away. Its gonna be even worse when I can play from the comfort of my couch.

Tyrell if you wanna play with a joystick I would wait till the Xbox version comes out. I for one prefer a joystick better as well. After playin HALO and getting real comfterble with the controls I don't like my mouse as much anymore.

The Terminator
02-02-2002, 02:16 PM
What weapons are available in multiplayer? Can u use that cool Snooper rifle?

And are there classes, and different skins for each class like in the demo? And what are the classes?

Welrain
02-02-2002, 05:01 PM
Here we go..each side has four classes. These are:

Lieutenant
Weapons - Dagger, Pistol, Machine Gun, Grenade
Special - Can give ammo, can call in airsupport

Medic
Special - Can revive team mates, can give health packs

Soldier
Weapons - Dagger, Pistol, Grenade plus 1 other weapon
Special - Can use any weapon

Engineer
Special - Can plant dynamite.

(ps there are 3 different types of machine guns but i cant remember their names in detail)

The skins are like the demo so they all tend to be very similiar with only minor changes to represent class

I would agree that Single player is nothing new and tends to get a bit boring as the bad guys soak up tremedous amounts of ammunition. Multiplayer is fun but only where there are 10 or more on each team and when everyone plays as a team..which rarely happens on gamespy public servers.

ps..and no you cant use the night vision sniper rifle