PDA

View Full Version : X-Box Newbie

ah_dah_cheat
11-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey, I'm an X-box Newbie, actually I don't even have an X-box yet. I was almost sure about my X-box selection until i heard about the crystal edition and now I'm more confused than ever. I like action, adventure and rpg games. What would be the best X-box choice for me?
I am also new to this site and would like any tips about posting forums.

Thank You!

Mitchell
11-10-2004, 12:36 AM
OK, i'm an XBA noob, but an Xbox vet. First off, it's Xbox, not X-box, also, you have FPS, not action. Make sure you get Halo 2 as a staple, just to give you a taste of the many wonders of xbox. Then, pick up Star Wars: Nights of the old republic or Fable to satisfy your hunger for RPG's. You may like Ninja Gaiden as its an awesome ninja/beat 'em up/slash 'em up/maim 'em up/mutilate 'em up/disembowel 'em up/rip 'em up/eat 'em up/you get the idea.........

Oh, and don't buy a PS2 (or we'll throw you into the pit of PS2 users)

SoundX
11-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Er, there is no difference between a Crystal Xbox and a Regular Xbox except the look of the machine. They'll play the same hardware and all, so it's really down to what you think looks better for you.

Anyway, a few friendly Xbox Tips:

Try to get a Samsung Drive if you decide to get a regular Xbox, they are the best of the three Xbox DVD Drives and read a lot of media like CD-RW, CD-R and DVD-R. If you go for a Crystal Xbox then don't worry about it, you'll get a phillips drive gaurenteed which is also very good quality. Just try and avoid Thompson Drives, specialy if your going second hand.

In terms of games, you should deffinently pick up the following games. You're going to buy at a very good time when very good launch titles are cheap. Look out for games like Halo 1, Project Gotham Racing and Oddworld in the Classics Range. Anyway some good games:

Halo 2
Ninja Gaiden
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Fable
Prince of Persia Warrior Within (Out Soon)
Burnout 3
Xbox Live (For Online Play)

Spades
11-10-2004, 11:51 AM
everyone will tell you to get halo 2, my suggestions to you is rent a few games first and see what you like. I never really got into Halo when it first came out, i still have never owned it or rented it. I have only played it a few times and it is a decent game. I will probably get Halo 2 but thats just cause its free from a friend. Rent games you think you will like to make sure, no use wasting money on something you will play for 10 minutes and hate. The Xbox you get doesnt matter, they are pretty much the same except for what they look like. If you get an older one then it may have some differnet stuff in it but they all play xbox games and connect ot live.

ah_dah_cheat
11-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks, I'll try renting a few of the games you suggested!

mattgame
11-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Welcome. Get xbox live it is great.

Reclaimer
11-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Just to let you know, don't stress about getting a certain type of DVD drive when you buy an xbox.
Just get a brand new Xbox and you'll be OK. If you buy a used one, you will run into problems. (They where traded in for a reason you know.)

The different colored Xboxes and the clear one are no different on the inside. It's just the color of the box that is different.
I think the Cyrstal one has a Xbox game bundle with it. So if you get that, you'll get two games.
And finally, rent games before you buy them. Listen to us for suggestions, but don't ever just buy a game because someone said you needed to.

AlBoogy
11-12-2004, 09:28 AM
First things first you can stop wasting time putting X-Box. Its just XBox. Simple as that!

stormin4
11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Get Halo. Don't bother renting it first. Trust me, you WILL like it.

Reclaimer
11-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Get Halo. Don't bother renting it first. Trust me, you WILL like it.

I'd like to say that.
But it's just better to be safe and say to rent any game. That way you can trust your own absolute opinion. Just take ours as reference.

ultrakill9
11-24-2004, 12:15 AM
k guys got sumthin to say....

Fisrt of all if u like rpgs and adventures, then get: Fable, halo, and halo2. lotsa a others but first....
fable is an awsome back then game the only bad par u age fast witch dosent matter

the only reason to get halo 1 now is because u want to see the story plot

and YOU WILL LIKE HALO 2 screw the other kids. ii dont care wat u say

counter strike: okay...
oh azurik. long but prety fun actually...
watch out for sneakers! GAYEST GAME EVA

ShaDovV RyDer
11-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Ultra...um before you submit your next post do you mind using spell-check?? When you used par I thought you were talking about a bad hole in golf. Anyways cheat...you should get the crystal Xbox rather than the original one for the simple fact that the original comes with TopSpin and NCAA 2005 which are two good games but you didn't put sports games in your "game types I like" part of your post so thats not the box for you...the crystal Xbox on the other hand comes with Crimson Skies which is an excelent game and Fable which is a game that people have mixed emotions about but one that I think you might enjoy. The crystal bundle just sounds like the one for you...hope this helps you out man :)

LTM360
11-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Some recommndations are:
Halo 1 - 2
Star Wars The Knights of the Old Republic - one of the best RPGs ever made
Ninja Gaiden - this should easily suit your action/adventure needs
Burnout 3: Takedown - arcade racer
RalliSport Challenge 2 - realistic racer
ESPN NBA 2K5
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

-Games to stay far far away from-
Fable - not a bad game, but wait until this games price drops, its not worth $50
Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon
Pulse Racer
Kabuki Warriors
Azurik: Rise of Parathia
Enter The Matrix
Any Tony Hawk game after 3. (4, Underground, Underground 2)

-Upcomming Killer Games-
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Jade Empire
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Now, if you have high-speed internet access, get Xbox Live. You won't regret it, but it requires high-speed. So don't bother if you have AOL Dial-Up, or MSN. Several of the games I mentions up top are LIVE enabled.