PDA

View Full Version : Idea: What if MS released basic dev kits?

Nurb
11-10-2004, 10:13 PM
I think it would be an amazing idea for MS to get involved with: Release a 'user friendly' dev kit to start a mod community so players can create their own levels, or chage exsisting games to make them more interesting, and make use of the 8-10 gig HD thats mostly going to waste. LIVE could be used to distribute them and further push the sale of the service. Maybe have a computer adapter to created all new character models or weapons. Imagine a truely unique looking Halo clan :D

I think it would increase sales for both live and the system itself, not to mention to get the developers more interested in the XBOX.

Whatchoo guys think?

SoundX
11-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Would be a good idea, but kind of blends into the curent ilegal modding scene too much already. People would be way to tempted to add there own hardrives and such to see what can really be done.

MS wouldn't like the idea of people hacking their games either. But despite that, it is a fun idea.

Nurb
11-11-2004, 01:09 PM
I dunno, mod communities are some of the best things to happen to developers, the half-life modders alone kept people interested for a LONG time, besides, i think they could have the kits recognise original hardware, just like live does

siNiSteR.dEX
11-12-2004, 12:43 AM
ain't happening.. that would give the xbox out of their control .. therefore... ain't happening :)