PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Suprise of the Year (so far).

LTM360
11-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Good:
-Burnout 3: Takedown being as great as it is.
-Halo 2, what can I say, I knew it would be good, but not this good.

Bad:
-Fable just being a plain dissapointment.
-I should've seen it comming, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

(bell is about to ring, ill add a few more later tonight)

CarGuy
11-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Fable was my biggest video game dissapointment of all time. I've never been so let down by a game... I'm with you on Halo 2. It's the only game all year that's kept me up all night. I didn't think it could do that.

Anthony4sho
11-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Biggest surprise of the year? Chronicles of Rid****.

Spaztic
11-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah I would have to say fable was a great game but christ I played though every thing in about 8 hours......this is a rpg!!!

SoundX
11-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Good

Halo 2

Only played it for about 10 mins, but already I know it is amazing. I didn't buy into the hype and now I'm pleasently surprised at how awesome this is. Can't wait to get on Xbox Live, specialy with all the services Halo 2 has multiplayer wise.

Burnout 3

I wasn't intrested in this one when it was announced because I didn't think there was anywhere to take the series. But there was, online. Also the sheer size of content and quality was amazing, never expected EA to have anything to do with a game of such high standard.

Donkey Konga

Now single player, you'd be a sad man to say this game is your biggest suprise of the year. But with some friends it's real fun, better than Mario Party, Fusion Frenzy and all those party type games.

Bad

Fable

Not what it was supposed to be, at all. It's boring and offers nothing like the experience I expected. Trading this one in to Gamestation on Saturday. Missing features, exciting elements tweaked until they loose their originality and such.

Underground 2

Now I haven't bought a Tony Hawks game in years, and I pay no attention at all to any information on it what-so-ever. This is a rent only series, I tried this one out, and the first thing I saw was Bam acting like the nutter he is. This isn't Jackass, it's a skating game. What happened to the serious extreme sport element of the first couple of Hawk Outings? You just know a series has gone stale when you come about missions to do with driving lawnmowers around and throwing stuff at random strangers.

George89
11-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Though at first I really enjoyed Fable for what it was, I'm sort of mad at PM and Lionhead. They had four years to make a great RPG, and it turned out to be an average adventure game. The world is dwarfed by Morrowind's, there's about 10 NPC variations, there's like 5 weapon types, there's barely a variety of armor to purchase, the game is no where near free roaming, and the load times are frequent and long. I don't get it, other publishers make hits in a year or two, but I really can't believe Lionhead released the game.....if i was Peter M. I would have delayed it another 2 years to give us the game we wanted and just have it be an xbox 2 launch title

:D

mattgame
11-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Greatest disappointment for me is Madden. I used to love it but now I regret buying it.

Best surprise, ESPN 2K5. First year I bought it and I am addicted to it.

LTM360
11-12-2004, 12:56 AM
(more) Good:
ESPN N__ 2K5 - Sega/VC pulled out all the stops, you name it, NFL. NBA. NHL. All impressive.

Chronicles of Rid**** - If only every movie to game transition would be this good.

Ninja Gaiden - Using Xbox Live like no one imagined.

RalliSport Challenge 2 - The best realistic racer I've ever played.

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly Director's Cut - not only the scariest video game around, it even beats out alot of hollywoods best.

(more) Bad:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3/Black Arrow - I love Rainbow Six, I only "like" 3/BA, the game didn't capture the excitement that was held in the first version. The maps also weren't nothing special.

KillZone - The "proclaimed" Halo-killer, that wasn't even a Marathon killer...

Resident Evil 4 - Being delayed into 2005, and being announced for PS2.

Doom 3 - besides its amazing graphics, the game wasn't as "revolutionary" as I, and many others hoped.

Mortal Kombat: Deception - Another MK game with rediculously unresponsive, and clunky controls.

Unreal II: The Awakening - A bad port of a bad PC game.

siNiSteR.dEX
11-12-2004, 02:19 AM
Surprises

Burnout 3:

I love this game. I knew it's gonna be good but never thought it would be that good. Never would have thought they would put so much Content into the game after the last two were rather slim in that perspective.

Halo 2:

I was really believing it's gonna be the same crap as Halo 1 .. but it actually ain't that bad afterall ;)

Ninja Gaiden

Freaking awesome! :) But hard as hell ;)

MK Deception

Controls as usual very choppy. But they added a ****load of cool stuff. Konquest is great. The Puzzle and Chess game are superb..

can't think of more..

Let Downs

Fable, Fable, Fable, Fable.. oh how dreadful...

yes.. biggest let down this year for sure.. It's a good game in the end.. but oh it doesn't have much of what was promised to us.. and that's very very dissappointing. All in all an average rpg game.. and seriously.. even Sudeki comes close to what we got from fable..

AlBoogy
11-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Man, whats with all the hate for Fable? Thats why I dont buy into hype. I wait for the game to come out and take it for what it is. The game is an excellent game. If you didnt do anything on the side then yeah you were gonna finish it in 8 hours. It took me nearly 20 hours doing a lot of things on the side and I still have to go back and do it on the evil side.

Czm21x
11-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Worst game ever: Fable.

Surprises: Guilty Gear X2

OC Noob
11-12-2004, 11:01 PM
best suprise is burnout 3, ESPN Football and CoR

Halo 2 is great, but hardly a suprise with all the hype (would have to be hiding under a rock for that one to sneak up on you, lol).

Disapointed:

Fable (still thought what was there was great, but there was too little of it [content])

Sudiki (sp?)

Grabbed by the Ghoulies (I thought any Rare game would be good)

l Maximus l
11-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Honestly, everything I expected actually happened except for Fable. I haven't played the game at all; however, I figured it would have atleast been a lot better than what people are saying. That's the only surprise I can think of at the moment.

As for Burnout 3...freakin' sweet game!

Halo 2...Game of the Year, IMO.

BeyRevRa
11-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Hmm, Burnout I didn't even give a shot, I suppose I will have to pick me up a copy. Fable was a massive disappointment, I honestly can't believe that they took 4 years to conjure up that heap of crap. There was hardly variety, it was a short game, and it was way way over-hyped.

Ninja Gaiden to this day, even after playing Halo 2, is still my favorite Xbox title. Halo 2 is a great game, I really like the single player, however I find the Xbox Live on it to be really annoying.

AlphaCigara
11-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Surprises:
ESPN NFL 2k5
Rid****
Breakdown
Burnout 3
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (thought it would be good, but it's f'n good times a million)

Let Downs:
Fable
RS3 Black Arrow
Sudeki

Can't really think of any more...

LTM360
11-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Let Downs:
Halo 2's Ending
Sudeki

Forgot about Sudeki.

Variation-XBA
11-14-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm with Anthony, Rid**** REALLY surprised me.

odpr
11-14-2004, 06:14 AM
let downs:
fable.
Halo two ,.... just kidding..:)

GordonJ
11-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Good

Pandora Tomorrow
Rid****

Let Downs:

Doom III