PDA

View Full Version : What's up with everyone saying NFL Madden 2002 is so cool, and way better than fever?

XboxUserAndrew
02-03-2002, 12:37 PM
I personally think madden is really bad! Fever has way better graphics in my opinion. what do you thinK?

Beasthunt
02-03-2002, 03:58 PM
Man, i couldn't disagree with you more, madden is a cool sim. The gameplay is atleast somewhat real, and it seems that you can never get tired of it. I really hated fever after a couple of days playin with it. I thought the graphics were somewhat tight, i thought the football players were built doofy lookin. And i hated running an then all of a sudden out of nowhere some guy would fly out and tackle you. I just thought that game was cheezy.

Phiresun
02-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Fever is the best, I thought 2k2 would make it second best; I was wrong. Fever more than stands up to Madden and 2k2. If I were to only have a choice between Madden and 2k2 I'd choose 2k2. I bought 2k2 played for two weeks straight and returnedit and went back to my Fever. It is a shame because I lost $20 for trading in that game. I wont give up on VC 2k series, but I feel they need to respect the XBOX and come correc next season, I know Fever will. Thats my opinion and I stand by it.:)

XxeGoxX
02-04-2002, 09:34 PM
Nope MAdden is Better.When you play Fever not much of a challenge you just through it to mason touch down to mason touch down.Wheres the fun in that?But when you play madde nyou can bearly make a catch its more realistc then Fever Gameplays better then fever sounds better then fever.

shererboat
02-08-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by XboxUserAndrew
I personally think madden is really bad! Fever has way better graphics in my opinion. what do you thinK?

madden is leagues beyong fever.....if ur only concern is graphics and not gameplay, go buy a comic book....

JJaX
02-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by shererboat

madden is leagues beyong fever.....if ur only concern is graphics and not gameplay, go buy a comic book....

**** right. Whats the point of playing a game if all it does is looks good. Pong has more gameplay than fever.

Durden-XBA
02-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Madden COULD be cool... It's just that the responsiveness is TERRIBLE. And I mean terrible terrible. (2 for effect). As in- you press a button, and about 1/2 to 3/4 of a sec later the move occurs. I like to feel more 'in the game.' Not to say that Madden is a bad game, it's just not for everyone.

And hey, maybe I like a little more aof an 'arcadey' touch to my games- big deal. I think a mix between the two would be awesome, but even as a long time Madden fan, I have to say that Fever has definitely won me over- For now.

Dub
02-13-2002, 07:53 PM
I've owned all three, but have sold 2K2 and Fever, but still own Madden.

All 3 games had parts that I liked more than the other, but Madden to me, was still the best overall.

Fever had the best graphics and I did like the highlight clip at the end of the game, but it was too "arcade" for me. It seemed like every tackle was a monster hit and the passing game was too easy. Other positives...a user controlled defensive player could actually make the INT, unlike on Madden and 2K2.

2K2 seemed to have the best overall gameplay. I loved playing defense and how it looked when you layed somebody out when they came across the middle. The biggest negatives for me on 2K2 was the missing extra features that Madden provides...you can't change KR/PR, 3rd down RB..stuff like that. Also, you could not tweak the AI to how you like it. The user stats were not in depth enough. The records that were already on the game were practically unbreakable. And finally, when playing a friend, you cannot hide which play you pick!

Madden was the best overall...solid graphics and gameplay. You can tweak the AI if you're not happy with the running game or whatever. When playing a friend, he doesn't know which play you're picking unlike on 2K2. The user stats and records are awesome. It shows the actual date when the record was broke, against which team, and whether it was versus the computer or another user. Stuff like this really sold me on keeping this football game. The only thing I would change would probably make it easier for a user controlled player to intercept the ball.

shererboat
02-14-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Dub
The only thing I would change would probably make it easier for a user controlled player to intercept the ball.

have noooo idea what ur talking bout here:confused:, ive havent had trouble picking the ball of with someone i control...

in fact, me and jjax play once or twice a week and we always get each other with our controlled guy steppin in front for the int.....

JJaX
02-14-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Rees
Madden COULD be cool... It's just that the responsiveness is TERRIBLE. And I mean terrible terrible. (2 for effect). As in- you press a button, and about 1/2 to 3/4 of a sec later the move occurs. I like to feel more 'in the game.' Not to say that Madden is a bad game, it's just not for everyone.

And hey, maybe I like a little more aof an 'arcadey' touch to my games- big deal. I think a mix between the two would be awesome, but even as a long time Madden fan, I have to say that Fever has definitely won me over- For now.

When your running at someone full speed can change direction on the fly??? I didnt think so. The madden players actaully run like humans.

shererboat
02-14-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

When your running at someone full speed can change direction on the fly??? I didnt think so. The madden players actaully run like humans.

i too have tried to spin while already in mid air with no avail........my un feverlike body jus wont do.....ughh!!!:mad:

Bruce111
02-24-2002, 07:28 PM
Madden is better. Fever is for 13 yr. old kids who should've bought the lamecube.

chili325
02-26-2002, 05:33 PM
although i dont own either, i rented both. Fever was very fast paced and was a little to arcadish(like blitz) I like slower sports so u have more decision time. I did think that fever had slightly better graphics

magnum500
02-26-2002, 09:36 PM
Fever is presented better than madden. But there still both better than 2k2. Hated it on Dreamcast, hate on the xbox.

robnyack
02-28-2002, 12:11 PM
both are great games.....you can't go wrong with either one. Fever gets the nod for better graphics, but Madden has greater depth with more game modes.

Plus the ability to tinker with the sliders is HUGE. I love playing on pro mode, but at default settings, it's too easy. So, you tinker with the sliders until you get a really good realistic competative game.

Fever is cool, and it's great that in their first try they have put out a game that actually gives Madden a run for it's money, but, I gotta go with Madden by a whisker. ....for now. Only 7 months till 2003 versions come out!!!!

smitty78
03-01-2002, 10:59 PM
amen...madden is way too repedditive and it is not fun to play.fever is way better .and for everyone that sez fever is too easy then you prob. should put it on a harder mode.

you want a hit of this man???

xbox maniac 409
03-02-2002, 10:02 AM
Fever is way better than Madden. Fever uses the Xbox technology, Madden doesn't. :cool:

robnyack
03-07-2002, 03:18 PM
Kabuki Warriors also uses xbox technology and that game sucks.

JJaX
03-08-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
Kabuki Warriors also uses xbox technology and that game sucks.
Bwahhaha dam right

Fever blows.

Dub
03-08-2002, 10:35 PM
I'll admit that Fever has better graphics, but Madden is the overall better game. Fever is too arcade for me.

laxman
03-12-2002, 05:31 PM
I origanlly bought Madden thinking it would be good because of the history of the franchise. I played it once, and right after that i went online and found someone who was numb enough to give me fever for it. I got Fever about 2 months ago and still play it at least 2 times a week

Toder
03-13-2002, 04:13 AM
madden blows. First of all hear maddens voice in the game is enough not to make me want it. Second if i waned to play it i would go over to my friends house and play the exact same game on his ps2.

Xbox Owner
03-16-2002, 08:19 AM
on madden there faces look like there all from africa..and there way to dark, but thats just the graphics

I like fever better because of the gameplay...on madden I think its way to hard to catch a ball, on fever its way to easy, but if you put it on pro it seems like the best football game ever!:) :D

robnyack
03-17-2002, 08:30 AM
I t will be interesting what they do with the commentary for Madden 2003. Now that Pat "back to the game" Summeral is gone and Madden has moved over to Monday Night Football. Thank god they dumped Dennis Miller. I love Dennis Miller the comedian, but I did not need a comedian doing commnetary on the game.

Will Madden 2003 be Madden and Michaels? Doesn't Monday Night Football have their own little football gaming franchise?

Marc
03-19-2002, 01:34 AM
Madden rocks, Fever sucks. I'm thinking Madden and Micheals will do commentary in Madden 2003.