PDA

View Full Version : Inside Drive Is Very Lame

Benacio
02-03-2002, 02:04 PM
for those who r thinking about buying inside drive.............dont! nba 2k2 has so much more to offer (and this is the gods honest truth). lets see.......where shall i start..........first of all, there is no practice mode. that may not be important to everyone but i kinda liked trying to dunk from the foul line. second, theres no franchise mode so after each season, everything starts over (weak). third, u cant create a player so no more playing next to kobe or vince with yourself. fourth, the game play doesnt add up to nba 2k2. the dunks arent as dramatic as 2k2 (no hanging on the rim after the dunk). fifth, the graphics are not anywhere near as good as 2k2 on dreamcast. if u buy this game, u may be disappointed. im taking it back today and getting 2k2. the people who made this game seem to have put out a product that was not finished. inside drive sucks.........the company who made it is lame and should be ashamed of themselves.

Xboxfan123
02-03-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Benacio
for those who r thinking about buying inside drive.............dont! nba 2k2 has so much more to offer (and this is the gods honest truth). lets see.......where shall i start..........first of all, there is no practice mode. that may not be important to everyone but i kinda liked trying to dunk from the foul line. second, theres no franchise mode so after each season, everything starts over (weak). third, u cant create a player so no more playing next to kobe or vince with yourself. fourth, the game play doesnt add up to nba 2k2. the dunks arent as dramatic as 2k2 (no hanging on the rim after the dunk). fifth, the graphics are not anywhere near as good as 2k2 on dreamcast. if u buy this game, u may be disappointed. im taking it back today and getting 2k2. the people who made this game seem to have put out a product that was not finished. inside drive sucks.........the company who made it is lame and should be ashamed of themselves.

The graphics are amazing. NBA Inside Drive has the best AI of any Basketball game. True you can't create yourself, but I play as Vince Carter and some games I win by 1 point so I don't miss that feature as much as I thought I would. Bottom line the graphics and AI are amazing. Maybe Sega can beat it next year when the put more effort into the graphics.

Phiresun
02-04-2002, 02:47 PM
This game has the best game play of any NBA game out today. True no Franchise, create a player or practice, for thatit is justified in syaing it was rushed. The gameplay is the most important next to graphics, and they got both done right! I haven't played a NBA game with such satisfaction since NBA 2k. I am passing up VC 2K sports this season in hopes for a real effort to make the best Sports game on XBOX, IMO Microsoft has made the best Sports game ths go around for its machine. That's my opinion and I am standing by it.:)

Dynamite Kid
02-04-2002, 06:51 PM
I was thinking of buying inside drive but i guess im sticking with Nba 2k2 :cool:

Bakeman
02-04-2002, 07:05 PM
No way man!

Inside Drives graphics are nice! And the AI is amazing!

This a basketball simulation.. which means I shouldn't be able to play next to Kobe :) I SUCK! LOL

Seriously though.. just because it doesn't have create player.. that is weak

I agree not having multiple seasons kinda sucks.. but I personally would never finish a season. That is because I won't play 28 game season or anything like that. I want it to be real.

And please for the love of GOD! DON"T NOT TRY A GAME BECAUSE OF WHAT PEOPLE SAY ON FORUMS!!!

Go rent the game.. GIVE IT AN HONEST CHANCE!!

AND THE DREAMCAST IS OLD!!! There IS NO WAY the Graphics are better then XBOX ... you have to be blind..
there is a reason it only cost 50 dollars now.

Dub
02-04-2002, 09:23 PM
I live for sports games and must say that Inside Drive is the best yet and I've played 2K2 for DC. The graphics cannot be matched by any other system or game to date, peroid. And the computer AI is top notch. The computer actually works the ball around for mismatches and tries to find the open man. Also, they will start double teaming a player on your team that gets hot. You cannot just blow by your defender and dunk it everytime like on alot of other basketball games either.

I do wish they had all the extra features, practice, franchise, create-a-player...etc, but the graphics, gameplay, and computer AI is worth buying this game alone. Once Microsoft tweaks this game for next year, it will blow past 2K2. This is a must buy in my opinion.

XxeGoxX
02-04-2002, 09:28 PM
Im still buying this game you have to get it your self and try it dont belive what every body else says.

Dynamite Kid
02-05-2002, 03:34 PM
you got a point there man...

GRAVEDIGGER
02-05-2002, 09:20 PM
This game could have been, much better but the only reason why i will give it even a chance as a rental is because it was developed from the ground up by Microsoft Games. This means that it will look great because it almost uses all of the Power of the XBOX(allmost). I.D. is missing key features that great 'Ball games have. They should look more into those departments for the next installment!:mad:

So basicly i think the game deserves at least a RENTAL

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Oneeye258
02-06-2002, 02:42 AM
yeah i totally agree, this game is not very good at all. i mean how can you make a sports game with no franchise mode or create a player option. NBA 2k2 is supposed to be the best basketball game ever. so take a guess at which one i'm going for.